hypothyroid

cookie monster

Hi im bieng treated for hypothyroid and im on 100mg a day, so far alot of my symptoms have eased but the weight wont budge!. Its very frustrating,:cry: so im trying slimming world to see if that will help, Im getting married in may and im desperate to loose weight.
Has anybody lost weight with slimming world with the same problem? i would really appreciate some tips.

Hi, I am on 125mcg thyroxine and have lost 4st 6lbs since last august with sw. I do a mix of green and extra easy days.

Sorry I cant answer your question, but what else have you got to lose apart from weight by trying the plan you may even have a great loss like Ferb above good luck

I'm having my blood test for this on Monday, I am sooooo scared!

Can you tell me what your symptoms were? I just can't budge my huge amount of weight I have put on :(

xxx

I am on 175mg thyroxine and have lost just over a stone since starting in october, i've been doing EE and I feel really good!

Melissa, I've had trouble with my thyroid since I was very young, about 5, my main symptom I notice if my dose isn't right is I get very very tired and struggle to concentrate.

I have taken thyroxine for 18 years, and yes you can lose weight as long as you stick to the plan, there's no difference.

Hello .. another here who is Hypo-thyroid (150 mcg of thyroxine), and i have lost nearly a stone in 5 weeks ... I do mainly Red days with the odd Extra Easy. Weight is coming off no probs at all.

I lost 4 and a half stone 2 years ago on SW and starte dto put weight on whilst on plan! Was eventually diagnosed with Hypo-thyroid (175 mcg of thyroxine), and i have gone back to SW and lost 2 stones in 8 weeks!! I do Extra Easy and make sure i have plenty of speed foods, the weight is "finally" coming off again!! :)

I'm really pleased to hear all the good results from fellow hypothyroid folk. I am on 125 mcg ( have been for 10 years) and have just started SW. Previously I was on a TFR diet and lost a stone, so it can be done, the weight will go, its just the staying with the program I guess ;)

Back