I ACTUALLY blinking DID IT!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by sun, 15 September 2007 Social URL.

1. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    I work nightduty and my old habits were appalling as in at work through the night I would binge for England.

Last night there was a table full of my trigger foods as a long term patient had a leaving party.

There was, Large Double Chocolate Gateau, Large Almond Cake, Large Apple and Cinnamon Pie, Custard, Cream, an assortment of smaller cakes, individually wrapped chocolate cake bars, Pizza's, Quiches, sausage rolls, sausages.

I first looked and though OMG!, but then stood back and thought,
    I am not hungry do not feel hungry and didnt give in AT ALL. :wow:

Old habits would've seen me eat my way through the food all night long!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

that is fantastic! great will power there. I bet you felt really proud of yourself for not only saying 'no' to the food but also to not actually wanting it. It took me about 10 weeks to get to that stage but i remember the feeling of realising i was actually in control of food for the first time in years!

well done!
    sil x

4. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    That's a brilliant breakthrough - I was exactly the same myself so I know what a big deal it must be for you. Congratulations!

5. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    aww thanks sil, sarah, I never thought I would be able to do it, work for me is the biggest test as that is where I binged constantly, very rarely at home.

My strength also comes from all you members' posts for inspiration,

so a HUGE thakyou to you all at minimins xxxxxxxxxxx

6. Lottyfern

Lottyfern Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife now CD
    Thats great very well done:happy096:

7. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    As Sun's little sis, I am very proud of her. I know how hard it would have been for her (and I know what she used to binge on!)

WELL DONE SIS! XX

8. NetNet

NetNet Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Oops! Am on Sun's computer and didn't realise I was logged in as Sun! Sorry sis!

NetNet! xxx

MsJMC and sun like this.
  9. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    lol. thanks hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

MsJMC likes this.
  10. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hello Sun
    So hard to see all that food when you are on CD .... I guess you know if you touch it , you will only feel more hungry . Hi NetNet are you also lossing weight ?

11. NetNet

NetNet Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I go for my first meeting next Tuesday and start LL on Wednesday. Am having all the food (well, some - I'd be ill if I had it all!) this weekend before I start. Whether that's a good thing I don't know :)

12. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Well done, Sun. Amazing, I thought I had done well when I withstood a buffet for a couple of hours. But to last a whole night shift, staring at it on your own, excellent.
    Remember the strong feeling of I'm not hungry, I'm not going to do it. I keep practicing and recalling my feelings over my little 2 hour success.
    XX

13. MsJMC

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Tuesday is the meeting , thats a good start . Then you have to get signed by the doctor , how much will that cost you , when i was going todo LL my doctor said its out of his hands and its after hours and they wanted 95 pounds . Well hope it all goes well NetNET

14. NetNet

NetNet Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I've had the initial meeting already. I've seen and had my form signed from my doctor, who also wants to see me monthly. I was lucky that my doctor didn't charge for signing my form, which can be £25 at some doctors. Tuesday is my starting point where I get all my packs for that week.

15. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    good luck netnet! x

Misselo, icecold, thanks for you kind encouragement and praises xxxxxxxxxxxxx

However tonight is my weigh in and I weighed myself his morning and if anything I have put on a incy wincy bit, I suppose its my turn this week as a lot of my group had the same problem last week, and I havent been off abstinence once!

Hopefully I will make up next week. xxxx

16. iceycold

iceycold Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Sun, you know you haven't cheated the scales will catch up. Strange sometimes I think it was about week 7 everyone in our group had lousy losses for some reason, must just be how the body works, keep strong, you're doing great.
    XX

17. MsJMC

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Crist so i was being ripped off , he wanted to charge me 95 pounds . you know some of these doctors really don't help people to lose weight do they , even if he charged 25 i would of paid it .... but with it being 95 pounds thats why in April i never did it , the other day on the news they were saying how much its costing the NHS because people are over weight , but really are they helping people to do something about it , my doctors not . Well we do have to keep the NHS busy don't we with being over weight lol when our knees go with the strain and all lol

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Minnie64

Minnie64 Think thin

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Sun

Very well done you avoiding temptation - bet you felt so good afterwards.

Hi NetNet

Hi honey and welcome - you have a great act to follow don't you lol I am sure you will do just fine. Good luck for your 1st week

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.