I am a new member and i hope this forum will give me a boost when times are hard

Heyy everyone,

My names Kimberley im 21 and i live in Borehamwood (UK) I have been battling with my weight since i was a child but now is the time for me to do something about

I have 5st 7lbs to lose and i am nearly a week into my diet

I have been doing an hour at the gym a day and cutting out off fattening foods and i am following a strict diet

Does anyone have any tips or encouragement for me :D

Thank youu

Kimberley x

Hi, Kimberley. I definitely think now is a good time for you to address your weight issues - I've been pratting around with yo-yo dieting since I was your age, so for 30 years now! What I would say is not to rush at it, let the weight come off slowly but surely, then there's far less chance of it all going straight back on again, and more besides, as it does with so many people (around 95% of dieters). Don't think of it as a diet, it's got to be a lifestyle change that will be with you forever - if you think in terms of there being an end to the process, that's again when you'll stand more chance of quickly piling it back on. Don't get hung up on what the scales say, just concentrate on your food intake and the weight WILL come off. The best rate to lose at is 1-2lbs a week, so as I said, don't be impatient. I've been at this latest (and hopefully final!) attempt for around 14 months so far, and have lost over 6.5 stone. I've completely changed the way I eat, but didn't do it all at once - make small, gradual changes and you're less likely to give up. And make plans for how you're going to deal with Christmas, as it's fast approaching. I allowed myself 2-3 days "off" last year, and really enjoyed what I had, rather than going at everything in sight like a mad eating machine, lol.

Anyway, I could go on forever on the subject and bore you to tears, but I'd better get back to work. All the very best, keep updating us on here about how you're getting on - have you looked at the WEMITTs forum, under Slimming Clubs? It's for people with a fair bit to lose. Take care. xx

Hi Tracey, Thank you for taking time out your working day to reply to me :D i will take all your tips on board my aim is to lose 2-3 a week so slow and steady like you said, so fingers crossed :) you have done fantastic i was just reading your stats along the side, you have done amazing how long did it take you to lose all that weight?

xx

Newkimberley said:
Hi Tracey, Thank you for taking time out your working day to reply to me :D i will take all your tips on board my aim is to lose 2-3 a week so slow and steady like you said, so fingers crossed :) you have done fantastic i was just reading your stats along the side, you have done amazing how long did it take you to lose all that weight?

xx

Hiya! You're welcome, I wish I'd had some good advice on a site like this when I was your age (how old does that sound?!), though I know sometimes it is hard to take advice - I went my own merry way when I was young, losing weight quickly and sometimes unsafely, and akways, without fail, putting it back on again! Thanks for your nice comment about my weight loss - it's taken just over a year so far; I've still got 2-3 stone to go, but I don't mind how long it takes now as I'm much happier now that a fair amount's gone.

TracyGWill said:
Hiya! You're welcome, I wish I'd had some good advice on a site like this when I was your age (how old does that sound?!), though I know sometimes it is hard to take advice - I went my own merry way when I was young, losing weight quickly and sometimes unsafely, and akways, without fail, putting it back on again! Thanks for your nice comment about my weight loss - it's taken just over a year so far; I've still got 2-3 stone to go, but I don't mind how long it takes now as I'm much happier now that a fair amount's gone.

Oops, pressed Send by accident there!

Anyway, it feels great to feel roughly human again, and can highly recommend persevering with a steady weight loss. I really wish you well with it and will look out for you around the forums. :) xx

hey , welcome to the forum. I think its brilliant you joined minis so soon into your journey because this place is amazing to meet new people who are sharing the same journey. ill stick around and see how you get on. main thing is just take it step by step x

I came across this website on google and it seemed right up my street :D Thank you you have done fantastic aswell such a difference, i lost 2 pounds so far and im very excited to lose more :) xx

well done on your 2 lbs loss this week. As everyone says take it nice and steady. Any loss each week is in the correct direction be it half a pound or 3lbs. The weeks I lose more are the ones I worry about as it means theres more chance of them returning quickly too. Slowly and steady will get you there. All the best xoxo

Back