I am at GOAL!

Amazing! You should be so proud of yourself hun you look fab :) congrats xxx

How fab to reach your goal - I also remember that day and it really was one of the best - although slightly scary too.

What are your stats - how tall, starting weight etc?

When it comes to buying new underwear, i would bear in mind that after a few months of maintaining, the fat left on your body tends to redistribute itself and you fill out a little more. My "bits" were all very wobbly and empty after losing the weight and now everything has settled down and I am a little firmer. At first it feels like your body is alien, but you soon get used to it.

For me, the key to not putting the weight back on has been making long term (forever) changes. I decided to cut sugar from my diet and to limit carbs strictly. it has been pretty easy actually as long as i get enough fat in my diet, I am able to resist carbs with out a problem. but you need the fat.

It is important to have a plan to keep the weight off. Not drift along thinking it will be OK because as soon as you take your eye off the ball, it gets a little bigger every week and before you know it you are a stone heavier...

Well done. great outfit by the way!

Congratulations - you look absolutely amazing, a huge well done x

nzmegs said:
How fab to reach your goal - I also remember that day and it really was one of the best - although slightly scary too.

What are your stats - how tall, starting weight etc?

When it comes to buying new underwear, i would bear in mind that after a few months of maintaining, the fat left on your body tends to redistribute itself and you fill out a little more. My "bits" were all very wobbly and empty after losing the weight and now everything has settled down and I am a little firmer. At first it feels like your body is alien, but you soon get used to it.

For me, the key to not putting the weight back on has been making long term (forever) changes. I decided to cut sugar from my diet and to limit carbs strictly. it has been pretty easy actually as long as i get enough fat in my diet, I am able to resist carbs with out a problem. but you need the fat.

It is important to have a plan to keep the weight off. Not drift along thinking it will be OK because as soon as you take your eye off the ball, it gets a little bigger every week and before you know it you are a stone heavier...

Well done. great outfit by the way!

Thank you for your advice!

I am 5ft 4. I started at an almighty 13 stone 12 (size 16-20 depending) and I am now 9 stone 11 and a size 12 bottom and 10/12 top.

I am going to follow dukan consolidation as it feels the best for me. Structure but a bit of room for actual 'life!' - birthdays, celebrations etc!

Can I ask you what you eat on a typical day and if you exercise?

Also? Thank you all so much for your comments. I don't quite know what to 'do' with them all! * (Considers buying t shirt and printing them all on it!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

~Angel~ said:
omg well done! U look AMAZING! and seeing your pics has just helped me along so much today - having 1 of those "I'm always going to be fat" days! Thank you

And well done again! xox

Keep going Angel. Don't let what you want now stop you from getting what you really want.

Well done kellmo! Fantastic news! Hope you enjoy Dukan.

Kellmo, my typical day (when maintaining and not trying to lose a little) is to have a coffee shake for breakfast with about 100ml of cream added with vanilla protein powder. I eat a two egg omelet for lunch with bacon and vegetables and evening meal is meat and veg with a creamy sauce. A snack might be a full fat greek yoghurt. I don't eat fruit unless it is berries with cream as a treat. I aim for 20 grams of protein per meal and about half that for a snack. I also aim to eat about 70% of my diet as fat. This keeps me really full and I easily burn it off - unlike sugar!! I aim for about 1800 to 2000 cals when maintaining. All I can say is count your carbs religiously!! but don't worry about much else.

When losing I cut my calories right back and sometimes resort to packs (like now) just so I feel confident I am doing it all correctly. it is easier to stick to packs than a diet per se. But to be fair I only have to cut back for a matter of days to get my weight down and this only happens after an indulgent time or if i have been drinking too much wine. Mostly my weight just stays the same. having that sort of control is amazing! |Never let yourself go more than 5 pounds over your ideal weight and it is easy to lose.

I hope that helps. Finding your own way is hard but i am now comfortable with my diet and never let others tell me what is right or wrong because we are all different.

nzmegs said:
Kellmo, my typical day (when maintaining and not trying to lose a little) is to have a coffee shake for breakfast with about 100ml of cream added with vanilla protein powder. I eat a two egg omelet for lunch with bacon and vegetables and evening meal is meat and veg with a creamy sauce. A snack might be a full fat greek yoghurt. I don't eat fruit unless it is berries with cream as a treat. I aim for 20 grams of protein per meal and about half that for a snack. I also aim to eat about 70% of my diet as fat. This keeps me really full and I easily burn it off - unlike sugar!! I aim for about 1800 to 2000 cals when maintaining. All I can say is count your carbs religiously!! but don't worry about much else.

When losing I cut my calories right back and sometimes resort to packs (like now) just so I feel confident I am doing it all correctly. it is easier to stick to packs than a diet per se. But to be fair I only have to cut back for a matter of days to get my weight down and this only happens after an indulgent time or if i have been drinking too much wine. Mostly my weight just stays the same. having that sort of control is amazing! |Never let yourself go more than 5 pounds over your ideal weight and it is easy to lose.

I hope that helps. Finding your own way is hard but i am now comfortable with my diet and never let others tell me what is right or wrong because we are all different.

Thanks very much. How many grams of carbs do you aim for a day?

Back