I am back and so so so happy!

I have now lost 100lbs!

I am so so so happy! Not only I lost 100lbs but I also did it before going away on holiday :D I can now change my 'half century' badge to a 'century' one :D

100lbs, I can't believe it... If I had been told the first time I weighed myself at 20st2lbs that a few years down the line I would have lost 100lbs... I took my time, had ups and (lots of) downs, but I feel like I have broken 'the wall' now. My next big goal will now be to reach a healthy BMI: this is shown in a ticker in my signature. It's not my target weight, just a ticker that will take me to a BMI of 24.9.

I have also smashed my remaining mini goal and I don't know what to invent now, apart from half-stone ones...

I'm so happy, all these sacrifices were not in vain and I love the fact that my body kindly let me reach the 100lbs mark right on my official WI day so I can add it to my signature and not have to wait another week :D

The sun is shining, and it is warm... I just received our winter fuel statement and we're £100 in credit... Husband works normal 9-5 hours today... I'm planning our cinema trip to see World War Z... I'm in a rather good mood today :)

Talk about having eyes bigger than my stomach... After my 100lbs lost feat yesterday, I thought I could reach 12st something today... Well no, my body decided not to lose, not even 1oz :rolleyes: And that is despite my having to skip my evening meal because I had nothing diet friendly in the house (and I was too lazy to get out to the local shop for some eggs :eek: ) The body does work in mysterious ways...

How is everybody today?

Anything exciting planned? HUbby will again have this weekend off, you've no idea how stupidly happy that makes me. His shift work means that I don't see him that much when he's working (but Nina, you know all about that!). And soon, FRANCE ! Yay :D

Go you- 100lbs just how fantastic is that- so proud of you :) well done. More tomorrow - dead on feet- up on the go since 5am

Woohooooo 100 is amazing AMAZING amazing!!!

I don't think there's ever really a perfect time for children and 30 is not too old I've just turned 30 and we hoping to try for another from Christmas, hubby is 36 and we have wondered whether he's getting too old but he's pretty youthful.

Nothing exciting planned for me I've just finished 3 horrible nights so I'm ready for my bed rest of week will be spent passing as we move on Monday. Get weighed tomorrow and so far scales only showing 1 lb off but then it's only going to be a 5 day week so if it moves to a 2lb loss ill be a happy bunny.

Have you survived your ungodly early morning morning Bessie? :p

Nina, I know 30 isn't too old to have a child. Not even remotely. :) I wouldn't panic if I were pregnant now as I know it'd leave me plenty of time to add a potential second child to the mix :) What I am anxious about right now is that we're not even remotely close to TTC. Let alone think about having 2 children. And this is partly due to my job: my new job is quite a trek away and I just don't see myself commuting for 2 hours a day (yep, that much!) when I have to care for young children. And we wouldn't have the money to move closer to my job... (My hubby can't be taken into account as he works shifts, in Central London, with quite the commute too). I know what you'll say, we don't know what tomorrow will be made of. And I agree. It's just that jobs in good schools aren't that easy to find, especially part-time (I give a lot to my job and couldn't work full-time with very young children). And the control-freak in me doesn't like the fact that these things can't be planned :D I hope it makes sense. I just find it hard to put these fears into words. It's all down to commute really, and we can't completely relocate as hubby adores his job, but the flip side is that accommodation is expensive in commuter towns.

For what it's worth, I don't think 36 is too old for a man, especially for a second child. Heck, I wouldn't mind if I had my second child at 36! Ella will be so happy to have a little brother or sister :)

I had a good day today. I found some more charity shop bargains: some Zara, so Wallis and some White Stuff. The Wallis and White Stuff skirts are a size 10! OK, they're a little tight so I have to wear the waistband a bit higher but I know I'll slim into them. I can wear them as the are even now, as long as I wear a longish top to cover the waistband :)

Have you survived your ungodly early morning morning Bessie? :p

Nina, I know 30 isn't too old to have a child. Not even remotely. :) I wouldn't panic if I were pregnant now as I know it'd leave me plenty of time to add a potential second child to the mix :) What I am anxious about right now is that we're not even remotely close to TTC. Let alone think about having 2 children. And this is partly due to my job: my new job is quite a trek away and I just don't see myself commuting for 2 hours a day (yep, that much!) when I have to care for young children. And we wouldn't have the money to move closer to my job... (My hubby can't be taken into account as he works shifts, in Central London, with quite the commute too). I know what you'll say, we don't know what tomorrow will be made of. And I agree. It's just that jobs in good schools aren't that easy to find, especially part-time (I give a lot to my job and couldn't work full-time with very young children). And the control-freak in me doesn't like the fact that these things can't be planned :D I hope it makes sense. I just find it hard to put these fears into words. It's all down to commute really, and we can't completely relocate as hubby adores his job, but the flip side is that accommodation is expensive in commuter towns.

For what it's worth, I don't think 36 is too old for a man, especially for a second child. Heck, I wouldn't mind if I had my second child at 36! Ella will be so happy to have a little brother or sister :)

I had a good day today. I found some more charity shop bargains: some Zara, so Wallis and some White Stuff. The Wallis and White Stuff skirts are a size 10! OK, they're a little tight so I have to wear the waistband a bit higher but I know I'll slim into them. I can wear them as the are even now, as long as I wear a longish top to cover the waistband :)
Bookworm I can totally understand your concerns, those reasons you have are why we haven't had another yet, cost, shift work, are works part time as I'm the main earner and we couldn't afford 2 lots of nursery fees. Fortunately my job is quite secure but when/if we are able to have another are will have to drop his hours again for school runs as my shifts wouldn't accommodate it without me taking a massive pay cut. Also I'm proper traditional to a fault I didn't want us to start trying for kids until we were married and had a place to live so it's gotta be right for you in some respects but I still say threes no perfect time. Who knows what tomorrow will bring you might win the lottery he he xx

Hope today has lots of nice things in store for you, I've been awake 6 hrs so far grrrr grrrr so think it'll be a looooong day

Ah yes, the nursery fees... Although part-time wouldn't be as bad. And as a teacher, I believe some childminders/nurseries offer a discount over the summer hols as the children are unlikely to turn up. But then what happens when one of them is ready to start full-time education? This is when it starts getting complicated for us, especially if we still have one in nursery... Because of my commute and hubby's shifts, the child couldn't go to his local state school as I have to leave for work at 6/6.30 and leave at the same time in the afternoon... Oh well, all this thinking is giving me a headache... Apart from moving, I don't know what else we can do and as you say, it cannot be planned :) Or we could have just the one child but I get on so well with my sister I'd feel guilty depriving a child from the wonderful experience of having a sibling...

I am very traditional too, hence why we are where we are now! We wanted to be married first, but then could only get married when we were fully independent, which took us a long time...

Maybe things will turn out differently. Maybe we'll be able to save more and afford a house closer to my work. Maybe I'll find another job sooner than expected... :)

Do you have family around to help you?

You've been awake since 3? Are you working nights? Here, just university work and watching the rain fall. Oh, and being hungry. I am so so so so hungry at the moment! I haven't weighed myself this morning. If I can get up from my desk chair, I may :)

OK, weighed myself and still the EXACT SAME WEIGHT :eek::rolleyes: It'll be a small loss this week I think, if at all. But you know what, I have decided not to stress about it and let nature take its course. I'm only 1st away from a healthy BMI so I have to accept that a 1lb/2lbs loss per week is good :)

Plus in a week's time I'm off for 2 weeks in FRance and likely to put on a little weight (hopefully I'll do as well as the last time :) ). So I'm still waiting to get into the 12s but it'll be worth it when it's here :D

Just found this quote online:

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

I agree completely. This whole, long, arduous journey to a slimmer me has been possible only through sheer determination. I think it's time we all gave ourselves a tap on the back for being so stubborn :D

just dipping in ladies - BW there never is a right time....too much planning etc- what amazed me is how we worked it out when it (finally ) happened and looking back i cant work out what i was worried about. or the record I had mine at 34, 35 and 39.

Anyway had visitors here ths week so been playing tour guide. had magic time but looking forward to downtime once they leave tomorrow. only 1 lb off so far this week for me too

I know Bessie that it's not something you plan. At this rate, we'll end up childless. It's me and my endless need to control things... :rolleyes:

And I love hearing about women who started a family in their mid to late 30s (and early 40s). The media would have us all in a panic for not having children 'in our prime'. But what is a woman's 'prime'?

Well today, I reached another milestone: I am now within the 12st bracket. JUST. So it could go back to 13st tomorrow morning (even if 100%) hence why I don't celebrate yet :) But still, it was nice seeing the numbers on the scales :)

Have a lovely weekend ladies. For once, I have my husband with me so we shall go out but also do some DIY. We have to sand the walls in our lounge before painting over them. Or we may just be lazy and wait till we're back from France (as anyway we won't have the time to paint before we leave...)

My poor rabbit is feeling very poorly. I was hungry when I got up but seeing her like that completely removed any desire for food :( She's been in pain since yesterday; Got her to the vet who gave her a very low dose of painkillers. I questioned it at the time as I have had rabbits for years and they need far more than that. I was told that no, it'd be enough. And this morning, I get up and find her prostrated in a corner, clearly in pain, sitting in her pee and not wanting to eat. I am going back to the vet this morning and won't let them fob me off this time. My pets are my constant companions and this little bunny, as silly as it may sound, has helped me through very pretty tough times. :(

Book -worm!! I'm back! But in the last 8 months I have gained 2 stone back :( Very motivated and back on the journey!

So sorry about your rabbit.....how is she now?

hope your rabbit is OK Bookworm ;-(

Just popping in to say hi, having horrid lady pains so not feeling it today. Hope your lil bunny is ok xxx

OH and we had rabbits who had well ridiculous problems. Theres a really good painkiller they predominently use for dogs that begins with M sommat like metocalm that we had for our buns and they had chronic pain, one had a parasite in his brain and the other had dental disease, cost us over £2500 in total before they died :(

She died. Yesterday. In my arms, in the car, as we were rushing to the vet's. Just thinking about it makes me cry and cry and cry. My little furry friend, I couldn't save her.

I didn't eat anything yesterday and today, I stuffed my face. I feel sick with all this food. I feel exhausted too. What a sh*tty weekend :(

Nikie, I'm so happy to see you're back :) 2 stones isn't that bad at all! You know you can lose that in a month and a half at most! DO you have a new diary? I shall subscribe if you do :)

Nina, yes, we got prescribed metacam, which is the painkiller of choice for rabbits, mainly because it is an anti inflammatory as well. What I wasn't happy about is that she gave us the cat metacam, which has a strength of 0.5mg/ml, 7 drops a day... (a drop being roughly 0.05ml...) That would be perfect if my rabbit had been a 3lbs kitten. But rabbits have a much higher metabolism than cats! In fact, they have a much higher metabolism than dogs, which is why vets usually prescribe dog metacam (1.5mg/ml). To give you an idea, in the past, my other used to prescribe Issy 0.7cc of dog strength metacam. Now you can see why the dosage given by the vet on Friday was ridiculous...

Anyway, all this doesn't matter anymore... The vet reckons she died of sudden E cuniculi. Her sprained leg was probably caused by a seizure she must have had in the night. E cuniculi is probably what your rabbit with the parasite in the brain had. I feel like I failed her. And having a sentient being die in your arms is awful. Awful. The nightmares last night... I'm crying just thinking about it. I'm sorry I can't be cheerier.

So so sorry bookworm - we have had a run of fur baby losses in the last 18 months so i know how devastating it is (( hugs))

Back