I am doing everything right but.....

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Mr Creosote, 17 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Mr Creosote

Mr Creosote Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm drinking 3-4 litres of water a day, having my 2 shakes..

BUT

I must admit to having semi skimmed milk in my 4-5 cups of coffee a day, as black coffee makes me gag.[ And hot drinks + caffienne really do make it easier]

I calculate this adds a max of 100 calories a day.

How much harm do you think this is doing in all honesty ?.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sue121

sue121 always lurkin around!

Diet:
    cambridge
    hi well in all honesty i dnt think it does but there will prob be some1 along soon who disagrees with me lol im on day 15 of cd and i did 1 week without milk in my coffee and 1 week with and the weight loss way just about the same .. i dnt think that tiny bit would cos massive probs surely would it?? well im gonna continue with it everything else is sacrificed so gotta have something xx

4. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    I dont know about how much harm you're doing weight loss wise. But I would actually suggest perhaps using full-fat, simply because when I did Atkins and I sneaked in some milk for my tea semi-skimmed lowered my ketones whilst full fat didn't. This could of course be just coincidental and based on nothing but my own experience. If it makes it easier then why not uses less and less each day until you can stomach it.
    I used t hate black coffee and tea now -even when I broke the diet there -I cant take them with milk! the thought makes me sick. Your tastes really do adapt.

GOOD LUCK!!

5. Mr Creosote

Mr Creosote Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Started last sunday, so this is day 6.

Starting weight 18st 9lbs today

18st 1lb

Close to seeing 17st on the scales for the first time in years...Tommorrow hopefully

6. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    Thats brilliant -by tomorrow you'll see 17 st and you'd better post it here sir! ;) Its actually quite emotional isn't it? I love it when ppl reach weights they haven't seen in years, its so inspiring. Keep it up, and quite simply this is your journey, do what you have to do to get you through it.

7. Zayna

Zayna Full Member

Why bother with a drop of milk? Get used to black coffee, I think it's time you were tougher with yourself, allowing yourself milk in your coffee will lead you to allowing yourself something else and before you know it, you'll be allowing yourself a bacon butty because it's only tiny...

Come on, you're stronger than this, surely?

8. Vickie_L

Vickie_L Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet

on the atkins diet u can have cream in coffee but not milk, it is the same theory as LT, you go into ketosis with both, so maybe u shud try cream so as u don't get knocked out of ketosis, it depends on how sensitive ur body is xx

9. Mr Creosote

Mr Creosote Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet

I kind of agree with your logic here zanya. We all got out of shape by not being rigid with ourselves and now perhaps the time has come to be 101% rigid.

10. Zayna

Zayna Full Member

IMHO I think it is better at the start to try nothing other than LT. Once it starts to work, then have a re-think.

Cream is full of fat. I know on the Atkins blah blah, but fat makes you fat, or fatter.

11. Zayna

Zayna Full Member

Yes, so come on, get a grip of yourself. It always amazes me how people say 'oooh, I can't stand the shakes, I have to have this or that or I can't survive...'

How did people get so fat being so picky?

I got fat because I ate everything in sight like an industrial vacuum cleaner.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but do you see what I mean?

sue121 likes this.
  12. sue121

Diet:
    cambridge
    well i cant drink my coffee black ive tried and nope it just wont go down... i dnt have sweetners in cos i cant stand sweet tea or coffee..might try grandually reducin the milk i have in it see if that works (only have a drop now !!) but if not ill keep goin with it ...i dont think a drop of milk in a drink is goin 2 make me want 2 eat anything not really ..xx

13. Zayna

Zayna Full Member

Fair enough, whatever works for you. But I think if you've tried and failed over and over to lose any weight, it's time to reel yourself in and go for it 100%. If you really want it, you'll do it.

14. sue121

Diet:
    cambridge
    i like ya style zayna lol direct and 2 the point do u think u could move in with me 4 a couple of months lol to give me a kick up the arse every now and then xx

15. moanz

moanz Full Member

Diet:
    Dukan
    What i do is spit my vanilla shake over three coffees.
    I'm a white coffee addict too, but have had black with this diet, which i hate, as drinking coupious amounts of white probably didn't help my weight problem!! (12 cups) Blush..
    Anyway, pop 1/3 pack of vanilla in a large mug, 1 heaped spoon of coffee then mix with a teeny bit of tap water, then fill with boiling water, its the closest you'll get to a creamy coffee i'm afraid, but nice & filling x

16. Zayna

Zayna Full Member

lol.

The thing is, I haven't been perfect. But I've been controlled, I've lost weight. I know what works for me and what wouldn't.

I don't think you know that until you've done a full week or two on TFR. You have to give yourself a chance, and by adding stuff and messing about from day 1 isn't giving yourself any chance at all.

17. Medea

Medea Is Irrepressible!! : )

Diet:
    Lipotrim Madness..... compliments my personality! : )
    Hello Mr Creosote- lol on the name. "but it's only wafer thin" :D

As Moanz said you can split a shake to put in coffee instead, but as you are on male LT this might not be so easy to do. But you could switch to female LT as I believe men get 4 of these a day. Therefore you could split one down without compromising the amount of times you 'eat' if you see what I mean. I think you pay exactly the same amount for it- but you may have to check. I have seen that quite a few gents are on the female version as 2 meals per day is not realistic. But then again- neither is four. But if you're splitting one down......

Not sure whether the milk will affect your weight loss. I always drink black coffee any how so it's not been a problem for me.

Congrats on your weight loss :D

xx

18. Zayna

Zayna Full Member

I agree, black coffee isn't the easiest drink to get down at first. It's bitter... harsh...

But then so is Benylin. It's gross, but it stops you from coughing.

I've looked upon LT, black coffee and water as medicine to make me slim. It's not a delicious menu to make your mouth water, it's a means to an end. And it works.

19. debbie12slim

debbie12slim Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.31%)
    Diet:
    Lipo Trim
    I do the same with my shakes, make latte's, moccha choc and even choc and vanilla, they are really tasty and filling.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.