I am gonna lose it!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have lost 1.4 kg (almost 3lbs) so far :)

Hi Mirjam a BIG well done for getting through the first few days. It does get better. I am on day 14 and getting used to the routine of it now. I seem to have also lost the desire to put any food in my mouth. coming on here really helps. Good luck it WILL WORK x

Thanks Tammy, unfortunately I still have the urge to put proper food in my mouth though x

Glad that you didnt give in..not that you were going to though :D.. yes some pictures would be lovely when you get a chance!... i think generally your not meant to burn more than youre intaking on lt but then again lt say to stick to whatever exercise you were doing before hand so ill be interested to see what your pharmacist says :) wondering where your ketosis is,,hope it hasnt gone walkabout! good luck in the pharmacy :) x

Still no ketosis or already out of ketosis I have no idea. Only had slight traces in my wee earlier this week but still such a bad taste in my mouth! Is it normal that ketosis takes so long to appear?

The only way you will be out of ketosis is if you have cheated, and you haven't done that, so you are definitely in ketosis... I think that is part of the reason a lot of people don't use ketostix (including some pharmacies) because they can sometimes be wrong....

Well done on your loss hun x x

Hi there, room for another newbie?

Hi again to Mirjam, we met earlier.

I have been reading all the posts over the last few days and they have been very encouraging....

Am on day 4 and struggling, want to eat, but have been very motivated and not wavered at all....... Drinking loads of water/tea/coffee, someone earlier mentioned peppermint tea? Will have to try that!

When/how do you know when you are in Ketosis?

Have lost 7lbs so far but know that is water so feel positive, just so darned hungry.......
Sx

Last edited:
Hiya Sadie... Welcome to LT hun, and good luck x x

Ketosis differs for different-people... Some people say their wee smells, some get foul breath (ME!! lol) and a lot say that they no longer feel hungry... They say that you should get into ketosis around day 4, so it should be with you any day now.... You can drink nettle tea too-in fact any LEAF tea, and you are allowed TABLET sweetener (not the spoonable one) in your coffee/tea/shakes

You really are through the worst of it, it will get easier i promise... You are doing great hun, so keep going. x x

Thanks Pudge, I will post you a link to my FB website when the photos are on :)

(*&^%$£"£$%^&^%$ I AM SCREWED!!!! :( When we came to the pharmacy, it was closed... I only have enough for today and tomorrow and am working away on Monday so no chance I can get to the pharmacy in time to get stuff for next week. Can we use Atkins shakes to tie us over till we can go later Monday afternoon?

hey!! dont panic..though if they were expecting you they shouldnt have been closed as its only saturday! firstly is there anybody that you trust who can go and get them for you when you cant? if not then atkins should be ok because its low in carbs.. but wait and see what the others say as im not 100 percent sure! if worst comes to worst,, lean meat and salad.. but i doubt itll get to that...xxx

No, there isn't anybody that can go and get it for us. I've already looked into refeeding, I don't see any other option :(

Glad your feeling better today Mirjam, although the pulled bum cheek muscle sounds quite a bugger, my pharmacist said to continue doing what exercise you were before so I think you should be fine, if you're feeling ok and not faint or anything. If you're like me and have a heart rate monitor to count cals and burning then maybe check and not go too high on cardio - I imagine thats when I'll start to feel a bit dizzy!
Welcome Sadie, I too am on day 4 and suprisingly feeling good, I don't really want food! If somebody is eating I do look at it and imagine the taste but I don't really fancy it and there is NO WAY I'm ruining this for myself, I've felt so crappy about myself these past few months thats its time to up this good feeling!

Yeah, the muscle pain is not nice but I'll live lol. I feel fine after exercising but I'm just so hungry again!

MIrjam.. Exactly how many shakes do you have at the moment hun? x

I have 2 shakes and 1 soup left for tomorrow and that's it Su

im sorry hun i cant think of anything else.. i think the atkins shakes are the best idea? as long as you stay between 400 and 600 calories? x

Amanda and Su have recommended to have 2 shakes and 1 meal consisting of high protein so I'm gonna do that tomorrow. I can get some more Monday afternoon Claire

good luck with that,,youll be grand with that.. stress over :) xx

Back