I am gonna lose it!

ooh i love it! i love the checked table cloth idea,, really quirky! you should have the odd roaming hens... i joke :D ...hogroast, full round cheeses, bottles of champers in half barrels or wicker baskets...:) pretty! x

I can go on and on about this theme but only have a max of 150 words :( If the other stories are shorter, I could go a bit longer on this one tho :D

sounds fab! One of my friends had their wedding cake made out of cheese... 3 tiers of big proper farmhouse cheeses, like they are before being chopped into slabs and wrapped in plastic for the supermarkets lol I don't know how original it is but I thought it was a fab idea... who likes fruitcake anyway? bleugghh lol

That's a fantastic idea Paula, especially for a cheese addict like me! Oooh, I will make one myself when I can eat again :D:D:D

thats amazing paula! all hail the cheese cake cheese lovers! :) i think the country theme is great so you should definitely expand on it if you can! though you might find that the other two are even better,, then you will be stuck! :D x

I've come up with something completely different, a "green" wedding in a park followed by a picnic!

And this is my 2nd story, well, it's more a tip:
Wedding shoes
Wedding shoes are often very stiff and it’s very difficult to get them to fit like a comfortable pair of old slippers. Don’t ruin your wedding day ending up with blisters! Always make sure that you have a spare pair of comfortable shoes with you and change them after the meal. No one can see you’re wearing them if your dress is floor length and nowadays you can even get wedding trainers.

Wedding trainers!!!! wow, i suppose it makes sense as nobody sees the brides feet, i think i will have to wear heels though, i wont feel dressed up enough otherwise! :) ,,comfy shoes are a must though,, if my nights out are anything to go by the heels dont last very long! hoping that changes as i get lighter! :D

wedding in a park with picnic. how cute! triangle sandwiches all the way :D xx

I wore ballerina's after I got married... it looked quite funny as they were leopard print so when I lifted up my dress I had these fab shoes underneath :D

Will post number 3 when I've done typing it :)

Love the country theme, bunting is also a good addition, my friend is having a cheese cake for her wedding in august, she's renting a field near us and putting a marquee up, she's wearing flip flops under her gown! I'm a bridesmaid in green, hope I don't blend into the hedge! Tea party weddings also look fun, with old fashioned teapots and little dainty sandwiches on pretty servers, and scones ...... Oohhh cake!!!!!!! Hope everyones feeling chipper this afternoon!

Love the country theme, bunting is also a good addition, my friend is having a cheese cake for her wedding in august, she's renting a field near us and putting a marquee up, she's wearing flip flops under her gown! I'm a bridesmaid in green, hope I don't blend into the hedge! Tea party weddings also look fun, with old fashioned teapots and little dainty sandwiches on pretty servers, and scones ...... Oohhh cake!!!!!!! Hope everyones feeling chipper this afternoon!

all i focused on for a few minutes was the word cake,,cheese and chipper lol .....:) however im feeling good!!..

hope the writings going ok Mirjam! :D x

You'll look stunning Claire! Wow, finally finished my 4 pieces of text:

Country wedding theme
If you have a country wedding theme it would be great if you could actually have your wedding at a venue in the middle of the country like a barn. This might be very hard to realise but there are other options to make your country theme stand out. If the venue is a hotel or country club have your reception and party in the garden. Have a few long tables with wooden benches, red/white checked table linen and red or white napkins. A single sunflower in an empty bottle looks great as a centre piece on the tables, say 3 or 4 flowers per table. Place wine or champagne in half barrels on the table. Decorate the garden with fairy lights, flares and as a finishing touch a real wishing well decorated with ivy and roses. The money thrown in the well could be donated to charity. Use wild flowers for your wedding bouquet. A hog roast is the perfect food to complete your country theme.

Wedding shoes
Wedding shoes are often very stiff and it’s very difficult to get them to fit like a comfortable pair of old slippers. Don’t ruin your wedding day ending up with blisters! Always make sure that you have a spare pair of comfortable shoes with you and change them after the meal. No one can see you’re wearing them if your dress is floor length and nowadays you can even get wedding trainers and flip flops.

Small budget
If you are on a small budget and want something totally non-traditional you could opt for a wedding in a (local) park followed by a picnic. Make sure the park has a shelter in case it rains. Prepare small picnic baskets (you can use linen shopping bags) for your guests filled with a blanket, disposable plates, cutlery and glasses, chicken drum sticks, coleslaw, pork pies, sandwiches, fruit and crisps and a bottle of house wine. The guests can decide themselves where they will sit so no need for a table plan. Ask your guests to also bring their own drinks. For a wedding cake you could have different pies and as a wedding favour give your guests seedlings from a tree or bush. Use a boom box for musical entertainment.

Wedding planner
If you enlist the help of a wedding planner to help you organise your wedding day, have a consultation with more than one planner to make sure you hire the person that is right for you as you are closely working together for quite some time. The wedding planner will do all the work for you so all you have to do is concentrate on your big day. Remember, a wedding planner is there to advise, in the end it is you who decides what goes!

yayy it all sounds fantastic! i love the seedlings gift and the wishing well :) i can picture it all :)

good job! x

Thanks pudge, I hope the editor likes it well enough to have it published :)
We've joined David Lloyd gym this afternoon and have been for a nice workout and a swim followed by a relaxing 15 minutes in the jacuzi. I felt like I was on a holiday :D

ooh sounds good! i cant wait to get back swimming again,, might wait till i start back at college and can put it into a routine... not sure about there but the David Lloyds here are amazing,,i used to be a member of one when i was growing up! really good gyms! glad you had a nice time!... when will you know if the editor likes it or not? x

I dunno. I've just sent it to the PR lady so hopefully we will get some feed back soon.

Fab piece Mirjam, and great for getting back to the gym! My day off today and I have so many wedding bits to tie up and it's pouring down outside, boo!

Thanks Claire, but am not allowed to exercise at the moment as I have a tennis elbow.... and I don't even play tennis! :(

Week 3 day 1: have just been to the pharmacist and lost 5.5lbs, which means I have now lost over 1 stone! :D So it's 1 stone down, 4 to go. I feel fine and asked the pharmacist about the exercise. She told me it's no problem because the extra cals I burn, will be fat and not the food I'm eating. :)

Excellent news mirjam, congrats, a good day for us both at weigh in and both into our third week...yay us!

Back