Total Solution I am really doing this

Hi enlightenme :) I just want to say I've really enjoyed reading your diary. Thanks for the inspiration!

Good luck on your journey.

Liv.
X

Hi Liv,
Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. It's not easy will try to be as honest as i possibly can in my diary - it's not easy to be 100%, if just out of bad habits of nibbling here and there without even realizing it!

i woke up early today and not really hungry so i didn't have breakfast until 10:30 - another almond milk shake and 2l done.
I had a few errands to run so I didn't get back home until 2PM - i just wanted to have something naughty but refrained and had a piece of ham. Weekends are very hard for me so I thought i may as well have my second pack quickly before i started running into trouble. I decided to take out my boxes of exante and found 2 indian curry packs the old kind - woohoo SOOO happy!
I made one on the spot - I don't know why they changed the recipe, the old ones were so divine I practically lived on 3 a day without wanting to cheat! I need to turn my cupboards inside out to see if I don't have a few extras just laying around

Weigh-in today is at a firm 110.4kg - that's 3.8KG (8lbs) down. Not great but I'll take it. I'm always dissatisfied with weigh-ins in general, that's why I don't understand people who weigh themselves everyday - that's impossible for me as it literally dictates my mood for the rest of the day
I've not had breakfast yet

Great news on the loss, I am working on my scales addiction they have destroyed previous diet attempts and probably played a part in the yo yo cycle that I have lived in all my adult life.

Thanks everyone, it means a lot to me as the people around me don't really understand vlcds -

Today was bizarre, I wasn't hungry, but I had an Eaton mess around 11am

I had a Thai green curry pot for lunch - I'm on the fence with this one... I like the taste, the texture is weird. Too much rice for the curry, not saucy etc

I had a kabob for dinner. As my daughter says "sorry, not sorry!!" It was lovely and if it helps break the monotony without me going overboard, I'll take it!

Hi enlightenme, fantastic weigh-in - 8 pounds down is amazing! I only weigh once a week as well, my weight fluctuates too much to do it daily. Every week at the same time wearing similiar clothes.

You are making me crave indian curry and really wish I had some of those meals lol. I'm a bit scared of trying the savoury meals if i'm honest - i'm a fussy eater at the best of times and I keep imagining them to be awful but people seem to like them though so I should try them I suppose. I got a some free meals with my order this week - mainly sausage and chicken & wine so I'm going to screw up all my courage and try them lol. A kebab seems like quite a sensible choice - it must be lower in carbs than most takeaways i would think - as long as you don't eat the bread. Good luck for the week ahead!

Last edited:
Hi enlightenme, fantastic weigh-in - 8 pounds down is amazing! I only weigh once a week as well, my weight fluctuates too much to do it daily. Every week at the same time wearing similiar clothes.

You are making me crave indian curry and really wish I had some of those meals lol. I'm a bit scared of trying the savoury meals if i'm honest - i'm a fussy eater at the best of times (I don't eat pasta cause I don't like the texture etc) and I keep imagining them to be awful but people seem to like them though so I should try them I suppose. I got a some free meals with my order this week - mainly sausage and chicken & wine so I'm going to screw up all my courage and try them lol. A kebab seems like quite a sensible choice - it must be lower in carbs than most takeaways i would think - as long as you don't eat the bread. Good luck for the week ahead!

Hey Whimsical, please remember I said the "old version" - I don't care for the new recipe AT ALL. Most of the savory things I skip, ESP the ones that contain noodles! :eatdrink017:Don't know about those sausage nor chicken & wine. I like their beef chili though it's oddly sweet.
I usually prefer savory meals for lunch and shake/porridge for breakfast and whatever as the last pack

I'm going to need loads of luck this week indeed! I have a few outings that entail meals, but I always feel so guilty si that ends up taking too much headspace and ultimately, ruining things for me.

Good luck to you too as well as the other gals on here!

Good luck with the meals out, it really does depend where your head is how well you get through these things. I'm always conscious of not ruining anyones night or making them feel guilty for actually eating whatever they want that I either cave entirely or leave early. I haven't told anyone other than husband that I'm actually doing the diet this time either hence why I have no social nights on the calander for the forseeable future . Although that does have something to do with my weight at the moment as well, I have few clothes that fit and I am getting embarrassed about always turning up in the same few outfits but I am absolutely loathe to buy any more until I get down a couple of sizes.

I hope you have a great week and get through it unscathed and I hope you enjoy your nights out in the right headspace :)

I have been on the Exante website the last few days looking to order new meal packs but they only have 6 flavours! I chatted to the support person who said that they usually get more packs every few weeks, so I shall be stalking the website for a while. I'm not liking the grainy texture of some of the new packs, it's a bit weird.

I have a massive party that I am hosting on Sat. I have house guests from Fri-weds as well..... diet will be out of the window for 3 days at least but I'm planning on picking it up again next week. I think as long as you keep going back to it you can have the odd off day or two. Best of luck for this week!

Thank you gals! bottom line from your comments it's in the head where it will take place. My head has sabotage tendencies. I'll feel guilty for caving in, but instead of moving on, I get on the scales, obviously see that I've gained weight and out the window goes my willpower and off the bandwagon I go!
I'm going to try hard to break that cycle this time and bury the "all or nothing" attitude which got me here in the first place!

Honesty time - in the evening, ended up having some veggie taboule, some olive spread on toast at a small event which popped up last minute (no alcohol!) crackers and ham, and cookies when I got home... Obviously I skipped the last pack. Today will be better

I have been on the Exante website the last few days looking to order new meal packs but they only have 6 flavours! I chatted to the support person who said that they usually get more packs every few weeks, so I shall be stalking the website for a while. I'm not liking the grainy texture of some of the new packs, it's a bit weird.

I have a massive party that I am hosting on Sat. I have house guests from Fri-weds as well..... diet will be out of the window for 3 days at least but I'm planning on picking it up again next week. I think as long as you keep going back to it you can have the odd off day or two. Best of luck for this week!

I've been trying to get hold of some slender sip... last week the support person told me they'd JUST gotten some in... have yet to see it up on the site

OK, head getting screwed back on I think (fingers crossed really) - I ordered a couple of things online (says the recovering [nah ongoing really] shopping addict here :oops:) for added incentive, and I intend to wear them when I go see my daughter over camp weekend 3rd week of July so NO time to waste now!

Ooh I love shopping it makes me feel so good. I can never co.e out from Asd a unless I've brought something from George.
I really need to get focused been a bit slack lately myself.
Have a great day x les

One word for Indian style daal pot... FOUL - I think I need to add something to it to make it edible
I think I need to be truly starving to even fathom making another one in the near future

On a positive note, i put in a new order for some mocktails and some slender sip. I added a couple of flapjacks so we'll see how those go taste wise.
I long for the old days when they had the delicious indian dal rice packs - the taste and the texture where amazeballs! now it's all foamy *cry*

Last edited:
Oh I love those. Buy some water slim rice and add to it also some spices.
I've just been so bad and had a full blown Indian chicken Madras

I received the dress I ordered, but I haven't opened the package yet because I'm afraid I'd be disappointed with how far I still have to go before fitting into it

Be brave it dosent matter if it's too tight at the mine. Take your photo in it as it is now then redo it in 6 weeks , the difference will b amazing. Good luck x

Just hang the dress on the outside of your wardrobe until you are ready, it will be lovely. The flapjacks I found like cardboard, not nice at all but I love the pina colada. I think I would be happy with caramel frappe, almond vanilla and the pina colada everyday.

I really wanted to try the mango mocktail but it was out of stock :(
do you find the slender sip helps with hunger?

And the dress is a great idea for motivation. Think you've convinced me to do a bit of shopping!

Well done on your progress so far!!

Back