I AM SO SCARED

B-delicious

I decided that I wanted to go on a VCLD after countless tries in the gym and the healthy eating route, wasn't working fast enough so I kept on giving up.

well actually someone in the gym told me I was wasting time in the gym, I should go on the Cambridge diet then after 6 months start back at the gym. I decided to go with exante (considering slime and save) due it being cheaper and not needing to go to meetings.

So I picked a date but due to financial issue the date got pushed back. now I can afford it but I'm scared out my mind.

I really need to lose the Wight and it is a lot to lose. im scared i may not stick to it, I'm scared ill fail, I'm just scared!!!

is this normal?
:sigh:

It's quite normal to be scared. I remember when I first started last October around day 5 I started to feel overwhelmed with the diet and was literally in tears wondering how I could stick to this diet for so long, but and soon as the weight started coming off it gave me a boost and the willpower I needed to continue. I just told myself to stick to it for 28 days and if I really hated it I could switch back to food. (As I didn't want to waste the money I had spent on the packs). So I somehow kept going and after the first month I had lost 15lbs and I knew there was no going back. Almost a year later I am over 100lbs down and look like a new woman. (by the way I am a notoriously slow loser which is why it has taken me so long, so don't use me as a guide..lol.)

If you really want to lose weight and your head is in the right place, you will succeed. I am living proof, I have been overweight forever and have done every diet under the sun, this is the first time in twenty years that I have managed to get my weight back under control. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Please don't be scared you have an exciting weight loss journey ahead of you and when you see the weight coming off you'll feel amazing. :)

Thank you so much, so I’m going to do it! i was thinking about buying the milkshakes bumper pack, porridge, the mixer and water flouring. would you suggest anything?

it is normal to feel scared not knowing if u wwill make it, wondering how u will survive without food. thats all just normal i am on my 5th day and it gets easier with tym. I have been here befo doing cambridge diet , due to self destruction i put all the weight back on. I found it easier to diet first and lose some weight befo heading to the gym and it really worked coz i managed to mantain for a year and a half. U can do it it will be hard the first week but there after u won,t even notice u are not having any solid food

Good Luck!!!

Hi, I've been seriously overweight since 8 years old. My first doc controlled diet at 10. Exante feels different and I've done them all! The first week is hard but just drink lots of water. 2nd week where I am now is better. Mentally I've already decided I'm reaching goal because its impossible not to if you stick to the plan. I don't exercise and look how far I am already. I feel better too. Sleeping better. Just see it as a new lifestyle and if you're tempted by food ask yourself why because after day 5 you won't be hungry but you may need to be kind to yourself in another way with a bath or book as a Treat rather than food. Don't put lots of extra pressure on yourself not to fail. just get on with life with the shakes and see where it takes you. I believe it's really hard to restart though so now I'm on I'm going to try and stay on. Good luck. You can do it! I love the porridge and shakes. The orange bars are nice too but try one first.

Angel said it all really!! positive thinking is the key, and when your struggling drink first.....and use this forum its brilliant for inspiration!! Welcome xx

Thanks for the advice, your weight loss is great thus far, well done! Started today nearly gave in then i though nope let me at least try!

I nearly got seduced by a sausage roll today. V busy at work and someone brought two big platters of food out. Without thinking it was almost at my lips and I stopped and asked myself why. I wasn't hungry just tired and stressed. I threw it in the bin and it felt great. For the first time in my life I was controlling food and not the other way around! I even tape tv programmes so I don't need to watch adverts because its all suggestion. Like they say, if I tell you not to think of pink elephants that's all you think about. You can do it so stick with it through the first week at least. We've a similar distance to go. We can work it out together just think positively.

I nearly got seduced by a sausage roll today. V busy at work and someone brought two big platters of food out. Without thinking it was almost at my lips and I stopped and asked myself why. I wasn't hungry just tired and stressed. I threw it in the bin and it felt great. For the first time in my life I was controlling food and not the other way around! I even tape tv programmes so I don't need to watch adverts because its all suggestion. Like they say, if I tell you not to think of pink elephants that's all you think about. You can do it so stick with it through the first week at least. We've a similar distance to go. We can work it out together just think positively.

well done hun!!!

Thanks, how did your day go?

it went really well, wanted to throw the towel in a few times but keep at it! so happy I did to

Good for you sticking to it. I've realised it's when I'm tired or stressed are my triggers. Now I just have to work on keeping my temper :) Have a good day tomorrow x

Back