I am sooo excited...WARNING yummy drinks talk! ;)

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by katalena, 25 October 2009 Social URL.

1. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

I have a Dolce Gusto coffee machine at home and since the day I bought it up until the day I started LL I used to have 1 cappucino a day!

I do not really drink regular coffee other than in my nilla shakes.

Anyway! I have just found out they have started making skinn latte pods and skinny cappucino pods at 49 cals a cup and I am so bloody excited I cannot tell you!

What I need to work out is at what point of RTM I can introduce them!?

Any info gratefully received!

Thanks

Kat xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Jezebella

Jezebella Playing the Angel

Hey Hun

Not sure what the pods contain, but if it is palm oil based stay well away!! I had a Latte in my first week, and it was great, but from a Starbucks so I knew the exact calories I was taking in, and realistically a cappucino is far lower cal wise. See if you cand find out the ingredients in the little packs??

Jez
    xx

4. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

they are exactly 49 cals a pod but I will try and find out the ingredients!

Kat xx

5. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

I just looked it up:

TYPICAL VALUES per per mug prepared

49 kcal

Milk capsule ingredients:

Skimmed milk powder, Emulsifier (soya lecithin)

Coffee capsule ingredients:

Roast and ground coffee

6. Jezebella

Sounds fine to me then, drink away babe!!!

Jez
    xx

7. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Well not yet! But hoping I can when on RTM!

Kat xx

8. kenshin112

kenshin112 Gotta Make A Change

may i ask what a skinny latte/cappicuino is please :)

9. Jezebella

As soon as you hit it drink away!!

Jez
    xx

10. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Ken is it a cappucino and latte made with skimmed milk!

Kat xx

11. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Really!??

12. kenshin112

kenshin112 Gotta Make A Change

oh doh
    yeah i have to say skinny latte is a beautiful thing :)

13. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

of the Dolce Gusto Krups pods I prefer the cappucino but I have not yet tried their skinny latte or skinny cappucino as they have come out since I have been on LL! I only found out today and rather excited about it!

Kat xx

14. Jezebella

Well you can have skimmed milk from very early on, so I treated myself on about day 5 to a skinny latte, because I had missed them so. I still have at least 1 a week now a cappucino because it is lower cal, as a treat and really enjoy them. When I am over week 12 I might up the stakes to latte again - a skinny starbucks grande adds about 163 cals so it is quite high, whereas a cappucino is only 80 odd cals.

God I sound obsessed!

Jez
    xx

15. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Nooo I know what you mean! I can't wait to have my skinny cappucino!!

49 cals a cup from the Dolce Gusto and I only ever allowed myself to have one a day!

Kat xx

16. Morticia

Morticia Happy in my own skin

Oh I'm so jealous. Since doing LL and then RTM I found out I have a problem with milk, it gives me headaches as soon as I introduced it I noticed after being headache free for all the time in foundation. So cut it out again and headaches went, even a tiny amount in tea does it. I tried soya milk but that was worse. So I'm stuck with black americano these days....:(

Hope you enjoy Kat when the time comes....:)

17. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Is back in the saddle!

I fail to see the point of adding fully skimmed milk to anything!! There's more guts in my paint water after I've cleaned my brushes.

But then I have been a black coffee drinker for years and years.:D

Morticia, if you're unhappy with your black coffee, do shop around. Instants like Nescafe are made specifically to add milk too so the flavour can be dire. I used to be a huge espresso drinker until it became too much but I still like a coffee with a decent amount of flavour, like Dowe Egberts Pure Indulgence. It's a very personal thing, like having coloured water, sorry skimmed milk, in it.:D:D:D

18. yoyo-ohno

yoyo-ohno Full Member

I've never liked coffee of any kind - don't suppose a Starbucks skinny hot chocolate is on the RTM allowed list ;)

yoyo
    xx

19. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Ya know what FT< I used to think that about nonfat milk too, bus since abstainance, I love it. That break did me good, and I love my skinny coffees! TOo much I do!! :D