I am sooo excited...WARNING yummy drinks talk! ;)

katalena

Enjoying life!
I have a Dolce Gusto coffee machine at home and since the day I bought it up until the day I started LL I used to have 1 cappucino a day!

I do not really drink regular coffee other than in my nilla shakes.

Anyway! I have just found out they have started making skinn latte pods and skinny cappucino pods at 49 cals a cup and I am so bloody excited I cannot tell you!

What I need to work out is at what point of RTM I can introduce them!?

Any info gratefully received!

Thanks

Kat xx

Hey Hun

Not sure what the pods contain, but if it is palm oil based stay well away!! I had a Latte in my first week, and it was great, but from a Starbucks so I knew the exact calories I was taking in, and realistically a cappucino is far lower cal wise. See if you cand find out the ingredients in the little packs??

Jez
xx

they are exactly 49 cals a pod but I will try and find out the ingredients!

Kat xx

I just looked it up:

TYPICAL VALUES per per mug prepared

49 kcal

Milk capsule ingredients:

Skimmed milk powder, Emulsifier (soya lecithin)

Coffee capsule ingredients:

Roast and ground coffee

Well not yet! But hoping I can when on RTM!

Kat xx

may i ask what a skinny latte/cappicuino is please :)

Ken is it a cappucino and latte made with skimmed milk!

Kat xx

oh doh
yeah i have to say skinny latte is a beautiful thing :)

of the Dolce Gusto Krups pods I prefer the cappucino but I have not yet tried their skinny latte or skinny cappucino as they have come out since I have been on LL! I only found out today and rather excited about it!

Kat xx

Well you can have skimmed milk from very early on, so I treated myself on about day 5 to a skinny latte, because I had missed them so. I still have at least 1 a week now a cappucino because it is lower cal, as a treat and really enjoy them. When I am over week 12 I might up the stakes to latte again - a skinny starbucks grande adds about 163 cals so it is quite high, whereas a cappucino is only 80 odd cals.

God I sound obsessed!

Jez
xx

Nooo I know what you mean! I can't wait to have my skinny cappucino!!

49 cals a cup from the Dolce Gusto and I only ever allowed myself to have one a day!

Kat xx

Oh I'm so jealous. Since doing LL and then RTM I found out I have a problem with milk, it gives me headaches as soon as I introduced it I noticed after being headache free for all the time in foundation. So cut it out again and headaches went, even a tiny amount in tea does it. I tried soya milk but that was worse. So I'm stuck with black americano these days....:(

Hope you enjoy Kat when the time comes....:)

I fail to see the point of adding fully skimmed milk to anything!! There's more guts in my paint water after I've cleaned my brushes.

But then I have been a black coffee drinker for years and years.:D

Morticia, if you're unhappy with your black coffee, do shop around. Instants like Nescafe are made specifically to add milk too so the flavour can be dire. I used to be a huge espresso drinker until it became too much but I still like a coffee with a decent amount of flavour, like Dowe Egberts Pure Indulgence. It's a very personal thing, like having coloured water, sorry skimmed milk, in it.:D:D:D

I've never liked coffee of any kind - don't suppose a Starbucks skinny hot chocolate is on the RTM allowed list ;)

yoyo
xx

Back