I am soooo fed up...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Elizabeth5220, 9 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Elizabeth5220

Elizabeth5220 Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Count
    ...with myself. I've put on almost 30 pounds in the last 2+years; none of my clothes fit, I cannot stand to look at myself in the mirror--heck I don't even like to get undressed or take a shower lately. I've struggled with thyroid meds and am working on that, but I just need this space right here, right now, to vent.

I joined the YMCA (gym) in November and have been swimming 2-3 times a week pretty consistently. I love it. And I eat healthy most of the day--no sodas, snacks, chips, etc. But by 5:00 I'm so stressed out I want a glass of wine and then I lose all self control when it comes to food...eerrrgghhh!!!

So I'm glad I found this little corner of the world. I swam for 90 minutes this morning and had a salad for lunch. Now if I can just chase these 'blues' away and stay out of bed this afternoon, it may be a good day.:eatdrink051:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Elizabeth, everyone on this forum is so friendly & helpful. I'm sure with our help you will lose the weight you want to, good luck:)

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with the calorie counting.

Irene xx

5. Lil Miss Sunshine

Lil Miss Sunshine WE can do this :)

Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Diet:
    Cal Counting fitnesspal.com
    welcome, :) and join the club, i joined this site 2 weeks ago and i am still moaning. I had a good lil rant last nite and i woke up this morning in great form and did kinda ok today for the first time in a LONG time, prob months.

Everyone is so nice in here and supportive. So if you do feel down, have a lil rant/cry and u might feel a bit better. Today was my first ok day, it wasnt great but it was good compare to the last few months. So FINGERS crossed I am getting into that state of mind.

Good luck anyways
    check out this website www.myfitnesspal.com its good to see how many calories u are eating a day, i nearly died when i did it monday nite lol

6. Mumma K

Mumma K Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(29.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and welcome Elizabeth,
    I know where your coming from i'm the same when i've had a glass of wine so i find it easier not to even have the one glass

7. Elizabeth5220

Elizabeth5220 Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Count
    Thanks all! I had a meeting to go to tonite so at least the routine was broken. I look forward to learning and teaching a little as well!!

8. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Hi Elizabeth5220. I joined this forum a few weeks ago and love the support and motivational tips I read from others. My best tip to keep you motivated I harp on about this to anyone who'll listen (or read!) is for every 1lb you loose put a £1 in a jar. Then when you need to buy new clothes coz you've lost soooo much weight, you'll already have the money so it wont hurt the bank; everyone wins! Also for me its a visual thing, the more I loose which you dont necessarily see immediately, the jar of money grows so you do see the results.
    Good luck and keep up the good work.
    xx

9. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    I do this too, it's fantastic. Except I put £2 in for every lb I lose, that way the money I get to spend at the end is even more worth it. I've also put it into one of those money boxes you have to open with a tin opener so I can't be tempted to 'borrow' any of it. It's a fab idea and well worth a try.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.