1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

I am very excited

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by skinny_fi, 23 June 2010 Social URL.

1. skinny_fi

skinny_fi Full Member

As you know I moved to the UK over 10 years ago, and one of my friends is coming from Australia to a conference in Scotland. I am meeting her off the plane at Heathrow on Sunday and we are "roadtripping" back to Glasgow. It will be the first time I have seen her for 5 years and her first time to the UK, therefore I want to make the trip memorable. I plan to show her:
    - Stongehenge
    - Uffington Horse
    - Windsor
    - Cotswolds
    - Bath
    - Chester
    - Liverpool
    - Stratford
    - Hadrians Wall
    - Grenta Green
    - Glasgow
    - Stirling
    - Edinburgh
    - Falkirk Wheel
    - Loch Lomond
    - Lakes District

Is there anything I am missing that is completely British? We are somewhat limited with time,but I want to show her what my adopted home has to offer. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I see you have the Cotswolds. Do you plan on going to the Cheddar Gorge. It really is worth a visit and each time I am in the U.K. with Spanish friends it is one of the places I take them. They all love it. When we win the lottery a house in the Cotswolds in on my wish list !!!

What about Blenhiem Palace ??

That is a fantastic list.

How about a short detour from Chester into North Wales. The counrtyside around Snowdon is spectacular.
  4. avisk

avisk xx

Slimming World
  5. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Slimming World
    What about London - surely that's the best of our heritage all in one place?!

Oxford or Cambridge is often good for impressing visitors - who else has our ancient colleges?!
  6. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    I'm biased of course ;) but how did you leave out York? The Minster, the Shambles!
  7. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

slimming world
    its not just the places- its the people-we are sooooo different to other countries so make sure she meets lots of us xx
  8. skinny_fi

skinny_fi Full Member

Thanks for all the great ideas. We are slightly restricted as the accomodation has been booked for each night. Judi - I agree York is fab, I particulary love the maize maze, but it might be too much of a trek across from the West, to really soak up the atmosphere. and Jeni of course London is the bomb, but as we only have a few days, I wouldn't know where to start. lol. The cotswolds are a definate.

Has anyone seen the Gormley "another place" statues at crosby beach? are they worth a detour?
  9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Which places have you booked your accommodation and in which order?

What sort of things are you both interested in - history, scenary etc?

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.