I am very excited

skinny_fi

As you know I moved to the UK over 10 years ago, and one of my friends is coming from Australia to a conference in Scotland. I am meeting her off the plane at Heathrow on Sunday and we are "roadtripping" back to Glasgow. It will be the first time I have seen her for 5 years and her first time to the UK, therefore I want to make the trip memorable. I plan to show her:
- Stongehenge
- Uffington Horse
- Windsor
- Cotswolds
- Bath
- Chester
- Liverpool
- Stratford
- Hadrians Wall
- Grenta Green
- Glasgow
- Stirling
- Edinburgh
- Falkirk Wheel
- Loch Lomond
- Lakes District

Is there anything I am missing that is completely British? We are somewhat limited with time,but I want to show her what my adopted home has to offer. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

I see you have the Cotswolds. Do you plan on going to the Cheddar Gorge. It really is worth a visit and each time I am in the U.K. with Spanish friends it is one of the places I take them. They all love it. When we win the lottery a house in the Cotswolds in on my wish list !!!

What about Blenhiem Palace ??

blenheim_165.jpg

That is a fantastic list.

How about a short detour from Chester into North Wales. The counrtyside around Snowdon is spectacular.

What about London - surely that's the best of our heritage all in one place?!

Oxford or Cambridge is often good for impressing visitors - who else has our ancient colleges?!

I'm biased of course ;) but how did you leave out York? The Minster, the Shambles!

its not just the places- its the people-we are sooooo different to other countries so make sure she meets lots of us xx

Thanks for all the great ideas. We are slightly restricted as the accomodation has been booked for each night. Judi - I agree York is fab, I particulary love the maize maze, but it might be too much of a trek across from the West, to really soak up the atmosphere. and Jeni of course London is the bomb, but as we only have a few days, I wouldn't know where to start. lol. The cotswolds are a definate.

Has anyone seen the Gormley "another place" statues at crosby beach? are they worth a detour?

Which places have you booked your accommodation and in which order?

What sort of things are you both interested in - history, scenary etc?

Irene xx

Back