I am very scared !

I don't really know what to say, but just wanted to send you my best wishes and let you know you're in my thoughts.

Hxx

just sending ((((hugs)))), really hope you get it sorted soon x

I was at the hospital today translating and took the opportunity to go to radiology and ask what was happening. I got my priority appointment. The 15th of June !!!!!!!!! I am shocked and horrified. The person I saw said the system at the hospital is in a state of collapse and they just cannot cope. I said what hope was there for people who are not priority, she said they are waiting up to 12 months. That is dreadful.

The only option open to me now is to go into A&E, something I am very reluctant to do as it seems so dishonest.

We do not have the money for private scans, they cost a fortune.

It would appear life is cheap.

God Sue,

I don't know what to say. Been looking at your post since 1 minute after you posted it...and I still can't come up with much. Racking my brains as to where we go from here...
I really can't think of anything other than going in to cas (sod the dishonesty hunni...look after YOU) or, and I have no idea if this is an option, get a plane back to the UK and do the same thing here. Could you stay with relatives? Maybe the time has come to let them know what's happening...they may have some suggestions, perhaps they could help with a private scan? I know you don't want to worry them, but if you were my Mum/daughter/sister I would want to be informed and involved in anything concerning your health xx

I'm sorry Sue...I'm so shocked and angry. The hospital system is crap and unacceptable. I think you should get your GP involved again...it can't do any harm.

Wish there was something I could say or do to to sort it...

Ask hubby to give you a proper hug from me please :hug99:

Lots of love, Dawn xx

Oh for goodness sake! Sue, go to A&E. Do it as soon as you can. This simply cannot wait for two more months. This is your life they are playing with. This all may be much of a nothing but with your history you cannot afford to just wait and see. The fact that the lump hasn't gone away after this amount of time should be sufficient reason for you to say "to hell with dishonesty, I am worth more than this."
Please go straight away. You have given them more than enough time to get sorted.

Sue you need to go to A&E, the scan and biopsy take about 20 minutes, so it's not as if they can only do a few a day, this is ridiculous! You need to look after you, what would you have told me to do?!? xxxxxxxxxx

Get up & go straight to A&E, this is an emergency especially with your history. You life is worth more than worrying about being dishonest. As MLM said this can NOT wait. GO......

How DARE they treat anyone's life with such blatant disregard!!!!!! :mad::mad:
Absolutely shocking, beyond belief and indescribably cruel.
Get yourself to A&E asap. Get hubby to neenaw neenaw out of the window if needs be. Please please don't wait any longer Fillymum :hug99:

Thanks to all of you and I am feeling really shLt. I am very , very weepy it is a hard thing to explain. Part of me is convinced it is nothing,just a blocked duct and the other half is shlit scared, but really scared. I do not want to leave my Paul, he needs me. his life is me. He would be destroyed without me. The easy part would be mine, just going, the hard part would be his, living without me. How hysterical is that??

I have to look up what PAAF is.The paper says I am waiting for a Paaf guided by an ultrasound and I have to report to the surgical unit at 8.30m in he morning. It does not say anything about no eating or drinking . I hope that whatever it is it involves at least a local anesthetic. To have to go to the surgical unit means it is invasive.

Thanks to all of you and I am feeling really shLt. I am very , very weepy it is a hard thing to explain. Part of me is convinced it is nothing,just a blocked duct and the other half is shlit scared, but really scared. I do not want to leave my Paul, he needs me. his life is me. He would be destroyed without me. The easy part would be mine, just going, the hard part would be his, living without me. How hysterical is that??

I have to look up what PAAF is.The paper says I am waiting for a Paaf guided by an ultrasound and I have to report to the surgical unit at 8.30m in he morning. It does not say anything about no eating or drinking . I hope that whatever it is it involves at least a local anesthetic. To have to go to the surgical unit means it is invasive.

Oh oh oh, my heart is breaking for you fillymum. That is such a heart rending, touching post.
I truly wish we could all be with you at this very stressful time. At the very least we could dress up silly and make you smile :crazy:
I've looked up PAAF on google and found, ''punción-aspiración con aguja fina (PAAF)'' & ''ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration''
Didn't get the rest but it sounds like what I had in left breast 18mths ago. It was just as sharp as any needle so no anaesthetic used. Hope that's of any use ;)
X :hug99:

I have looked it up and it sounds horrid.

I hope I get a local.

Will just have to tell them if they hurt me boy will I hurt them !!!

Hope all goes well for you hun. You could always ask for a premed before the procedure to help relax you thinking of you xx

Oh Sue,

I'm so so sad after reading your post. You are not leaving anyone hunni...you must NEVER talk like that.

Take that lovely husband of yours and go to A&E. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by going. You can't wait any longer.

lots of love, Dawn xx

Oh oh oh, my heart is breaking for you fillymum. That is such a heart rending, touching post.
I truly wish we could all be with you at this very stressful time. At the very least we could dress up silly and make you smile :crazy:
I've looked up PAAF on google and found, ''punción-aspiración con aguja fina (PAAF)'' & ''ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration''
Didn't get the rest but it sounds like what I had in left breast 18mths ago. It was just as sharp as any needle so no anaesthetic used. Hope that's of any use ;)
X :hug99:

Completely agree, your post made me well up :( That is the same as what I had done, and remember what I said, the local was the worst part! It does hurt but really is worth it, and is not that invasive, I ate that morning so am sure you will be fine. Please try not to worry too much, as hard as that is. Thinking of you xxxxxxx

I was at the hospital today translating and took the opportunity to go to radiology and ask what was happening. I got my priority appointment. The 15th of June !!!!!!!!! I am shocked and horrified. The person I saw said the system at the hospital is in a state of collapse and they just cannot cope. I said what hope was there for people who are not priority, she said they are waiting up to 12 months. That is dreadful.

The only option open to me now is to go into A&E, something I am very reluctant to do as it seems so dishonest.

We do not have the money for private scans, they cost a fortune.

It would appear life is cheap.

Sue, please, please, get yourself admitted via A & E. If you don't want that, would coming to UK be an option? Should be ok with an EHIC card. I would be more than happy to accommodate you and your husband and we have got some very good medical units locally. I will be away over the holidays, however I will keep checking the forum as I am honestly touched by your situation.
Sending loads of hugs and my best wishes, Jill x

Oh (((Sue))).

You, lady, have way WAY too much to live for to be even thinking like this. Believe me when I say I know EXACTLY how and why you are thinking like this, I went through a much shorter period of exceptional worry over what eventually turned out to be a massive MASSIVE breast abscess, and I had all those thoughts, just like you are having, to the point where when I found out it was effectively nothing that a bit of surgery couldnt fix I couldnt actually take it in, I had already decided I had a matter of weeks to live, I was almost at peace with that outcome, and the real troublesome worry was what would happen to those I left behind. So I hear you, and I know WHY you are there, but those worries arent going to leave you until you know what you are dealing with. You are the most incredible, strong, remarkable woman, and you will face whatever you need to happen head on, with the support of all those that love you, but you NEED to know, and you need to know for two reasons, one, to stop this worry and give you the reality of the situation, and secondly, because whatever it is needs treatment!

I offer you the same as Hexe, if you need to come to the UK to sort this and want somewhere to stay, consider it done. We dont have a lot of space, but you could have our bed and we could sleep in with the girls on the airbed. If you dont get any joy with A&E, consider this an open offer.

I think what we all do need to bear in mind though, even though we are angry on her behalf, is that they are not doing this to personally cause Sue more problems, this is just a disastrous situation that she happens to be in. I am sure there are many more people just like her in her local region who are desperate to get the help they need, and the hospital is failing them all. We are right to be angry about that, but its important that we remember our role is to support Sue through this.

Lovely post Madame...totally agree with everything you say xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I think what we all do need to bear in mind though, even though we are angry on her behalf, is that they are not doing this to personally cause Sue more problems, this is just a disastrous situation that she happens to be in. I am sure there are many more people just like her in her local region who are desperate to get the help they need, and the hospital is failing them all. We are right to be angry about that, but its important that we remember our role is to support Sue through this.

Thank you again everyone.

Gill (MLM), thank you for posting the above.It is exactly how I feel and I feel so sorry for the poor people who are also urgent priority cases an facing the same wait or longer as I am. We must all feel the same, abandoned and angry, but not angry with any of the medical receptionists and secretary's who have to face the sick public on daily basis and give them their appointments for months ahead when they should be seen immediately.

Yesterday I took my elderly lady patient to make another appointment for her, the medical receptionist was uba apologetic when she had to tell me it would not be possible until October. I said it was not a problem as it was just a " keeping an eye on her " appointment and not a matter of life and death. She replied with " phew, I wish everyone was reasonable. We get a lot of abuse " Now to me that is pretty mindless.

I am going to phone my G.P. today and see if she can do anything for me. Believe me I am not noble in any way and if A&E is the only way forward I will take it.

Yeah. What she said.

Get yourself to A&E, Sue. Let's get the worrying finished and the action started.

Back