I bought my sausages ... lol

I've been obsessing about the carb content in these sausages for weeks!! even before hopping on atkins! I'm so getting some for the weekends full brekkie!!

There's two types CS, pork and herb and Cumberland, both very low carb. They are lovely!

I used to love bratwurst when I was in Germany. Lidl and Aldi don't seem to put any nutritional values on them though. Would fall off the veggie wagon briefly for them if they are l/c just for the nostalgia!

I don't think they are particularly L/C Karen, but they won't be high either.
Look what I found
Image002-3.jpg

I was mooching around Tesco having just had lunch but still feeling peckish. I found these, 0 Carb and ) sugar. I just nuked it for 30 seconds and it was delicious.
Image001-4.jpg

I did notice the Lite version was quite high in Sugar so make you get the "Original"

Blimey Jim, that is one big photo of a bag of sausages ! I thought one had escaped from the bag, then realised it was your thumb :D I'm a Quorn girl myself. Not sure how they would fit into your low carb plan, but worth checking out possibly ?

I haven't had quorn, but if it's related to Tofu it'll make me sick. I hate the stuff chips.

Hi Jim, no agree with you on tofu, disgusting stuff :(

Quorn do a whole range of things like sausages, and steaky escalopy things. I'm not particularly a lover of the mince or chunks. Don't be put off if I say it is derived from a mushroom. Soya and meat substitute products were horrible years ago but have vastly improved and these are really, in my humble opinion, just like the real thing only nicer :p :p :p

Jim, google it and their website is brill. Lots of sausage and other recipes but as I said earlier, don't know how it fits in with the plan you're following, but the site will probably give you some pointers.

Hmm, I read that. It says carbs 5.8 gm per 100 gm. That's acceptable, but I like my meat anyway, and being on Atkins maint is not very restrictive anyway chips. :)

You'll think I'm on commission, I'm not honestly ;) but I do find the chilled and frozen range really handy when I'm looking for inspiration.

p.s. Appreciate your sign-off / sig by the way. A lovely young friend (26) came back from 6 months with the Marines in Afghanistan last weekend and I can't stop crying, partly with relief, partly for the friends he lost in that time and also with fear thinking of when he has to go back :cry:

Yes Chips, I was lucky really being part of the cold War Army. All I had to contend with was N.I.< The Rhodesian fracas, Falklands War and the first Gulf War, although for the last it shouldn't really count as I spent most of it in an air conditioned Operations bunker in Riyadh.

Back