I bought some quark

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
:confused: And I don't know what to do with it?!!
I'm going to make a quiche to keep in the fridge, do I just put it all in? Do I need to do anything with it first?? HELP! Never used it before :rolleyes:

For quiche, throw the whole lot in and mix with some eggs, also nice with some cottage cheese if you have it. I make a huge quiche each time to keep in the fridge, normally full of mushrooms/onions/bacon/peppers etc. I cook mine long and slow but I've never looked for cooking instructions. :eek:

I make syn free lemon meringue with it too - if you do a search on here you'll find a few quark recipes.
The lemon meringue is yum!

in Asda its on the end of th cheese aisle with the goats cheese, feta etc, opposite the fresh breads

Thanks guys

Ive done the quiche.. nice :p
Is there anyway of making a cheese sauce with quark thats syn free or low syn??

I haven't tried this myself but give it a go.

Creamy Carbonara - serves 4, 1 syn per serving
2 tbsp parmesan
4 tbsp quark
7 tbsp skimmed milk
1 egg
2 tbsp chives
salt and pepper
1 onion
4 baby leeks
fry light
2 garlic cloves

Mix parmesan, quark, milk, egg, chives and seasoning in a bowl, set aside.

Boil or steam onion and leeks.

Heat pan spray with frylight. Add garlic and fry for a minute then add onion and milk mixtures and cook for few mins stirring continuously until thickens.

If you try it let me know how it turns out please :)

Thanks very much for that.. I just wasn't sure if quark melted well

Forgot to say.. i'll be doing it on Monday

Hope it turns out well, don't shout at me if it doesn't. ;)

Just noticed I have a creamy basil pesto recipe too, I haven't made that one either but can copy it for you if you like.

I've just bought 2 tubs of quark too... that was about a week ago now, and I can't remember the recipe I wanted to try lol...
It seems that there are alot of recipes that need quark, but then you buy it and you go a bit brain dead lol

Ooh haven't had Carbonara for a while - it's lovely - think I'll make it this week!

I don't use milk, chives or leeks though and add either Ham (heb) or Quorn chilled bacon style pieces (free) and mushrooms.

I also don't add the parmesan until after it's cooked for a stronger flavour.

Last edited:
I bought some last week too - its still languishing in the fridge! Am going to try to use it as a white sauce for lasagna I think

Ask someone, whenever I go to a new shop I can never find it and spend ages looking! They do have it but it's often hidden. Maybe it's a game? :p

Back