• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I bought some quark

Silver Member
For quiche, throw the whole lot in and mix with some eggs, also nice with some cottage cheese if you have it. I make a huge quiche each time to keep in the fridge, normally full of mushrooms/onions/bacon/peppers etc. I cook mine long and slow but I've never looked for cooking instructions. :eek:

Trying again!!
I make syn free lemon meringue with it too - if you do a search on here you'll find a few quark recipes.
The lemon meringue is yum!

Not such a fat kat now :)
in Asda its on the end of th cheese aisle with the goats cheese, feta etc, opposite the fresh breads

Silver Member
Thanks guys

Silver Member
Ive done the quiche.. nice :p
Is there anyway of making a cheese sauce with quark thats syn free or low syn??
I haven't tried this myself but give it a go.

Creamy Carbonara - serves 4, 1 syn per serving
2 tbsp parmesan
4 tbsp quark
7 tbsp skimmed milk
1 egg
2 tbsp chives
salt and pepper
1 onion
4 baby leeks
fry light
2 garlic cloves

Mix parmesan, quark, milk, egg, chives and seasoning in a bowl, set aside.

Boil or steam onion and leeks.

Heat pan spray with frylight. Add garlic and fry for a minute then add onion and milk mixtures and cook for few mins stirring continuously until thickens.

If you try it let me know how it turns out please :)

Silver Member
Thanks very much for that.. I just wasn't sure if quark melted well

Silver Member
Forgot to say.. i'll be doing it on Monday
Hope it turns out well, don't shout at me if it doesn't. ;)

Just noticed I have a creamy basil pesto recipe too, I haven't made that one either but can copy it for you if you like.
I've just bought 2 tubs of quark too... that was about a week ago now, and I can't remember the recipe I wanted to try lol...
It seems that there are alot of recipes that need quark, but then you buy it and you go a bit brain dead lol

Trying again!!
Ooh haven't had Carbonara for a while - it's lovely - think I'll make it this week!

I don't use milk, chives or leeks though and add either Ham (heb) or Quorn chilled bacon style pieces (free) and mushrooms.

I also don't add the parmesan until after it's cooked for a stronger flavour.
Last edited:

Silver Member
I bought some last week too - its still languishing in the fridge! Am going to try to use it as a white sauce for lasagna I think
Ask someone, whenever I go to a new shop I can never find it and spend ages looking! They do have it but it's often hidden. Maybe it's a game? :p