I CAN do this!!

KirstyLou12

Hiya :) :wavey:

I've been debating about doing my own diary for a week or so now, especially after reading so many wonderful diaries that truly inspire me and make me feel like I'm not alone. I don't comment, I'm a bit of a lurker lol but hopefully I can change that!!

So a little about me I guess, I'm 28, live with my boyfriend of 2 almost 2years and I weigh 17 st 13lbs right now (god that sounds so much!!)

I started gaining weight at around 14/15 when my stepdad died, my life as I knew it completely changed, I suddenly had to take care of my 2 younger sisters and my mum who went into complete meltdown. I know now that I never dealt with my own grief and emotional state at the time as I was so focused on being strong and keeping everything going. We ate healthily as a family but I would eat in secret in my room every night (comfort eating I suppose).
I wasn't huge, I was a size 14/16 when I met my first boyfriend at 16, and if truth be told he changed me again, I'll always be thankful for that, I changed from being very shy and socially awkward, thinking I was very unattractive and just didn't really like myself at all. He brought me out of myself, made me feel beautiful and like I could achieve anything. We spilt up when I was 20, but he honestly saved me from myself! That sounds ever so dramatic!! lol

So back to the present day, I am a very outgoing person, very sociable but can be shy still with new people (hence why I don't comment too much on other diaries lol)...but all in all I am happy with who I am, just not the body I am in lol......Contentment has a lot to answer for I tell ya!...Since meeting my boyfriend 2 years ago I have put on 2 stone at least, everything we do seems to involve food or drinking (or both!), especially in the beginning when we would eat out 3 times a week, and his best friend runs a pub so we would often go there at weekends!!

ANYWAY......I've been doing slimming world from home for just over 3 weeks now and lost 9.5 lbs, which I am over the moon about but as I am doing it from home, I find myself slacking a little when it comes to writing my food diary and synning things properly so I figured even if no one reads this it will help me to focus on writing it each day and I can also ramble on about anything else I may find to, um, ramble about?!..........:eek:

Sorry for such a long post!!

K x

Last edited:
So I have changed my weigh in day from Monday to Thursday, so today is my first thursday weigh in. I don't have scales at home as I know I would become obsessed with them, so instead I go to boots and use there scales every week....I got weighed Monday and I had lost 4lbs but I'm not expecting much today as I had a few naughty things on Sunday, it was my Mums birthday so I made her cupcakes and mini cupcakes for a birthday tea we had for her (family tradition, no matter how young or old!!)

I think it's gonna be an EE day, I'm not very planned today as we are doing the 'BIG' shop tomorrow, so gonna use up what I've got left!!

Breakfast - Apple and an Orange (not much I know but didn't wanna eat a massive amount before I go get weighed! lol Lunch will be better!!)

Lunch?? - Probably Jacket Potato with Tuna and a big salad or some of the Speed Soup I've got stacks of in the freezer!!

Dinner - Chicken Breast with Roasted Veg in Pesto..( I think 4 syns for a tbsp??)

If I have Soup for lunch I may have some sweet potato 'chips' with my dinner! I try not to eat too many carbs in one day as I notice! but I haven't quite got my head round Green and Red days enough to plan out a full day yet lol

Gonna not have any other syns today besides for the pesto as I have a big weekend planned, its my boyfriends birthday (so many birthdays in such a short time!!) and we are off out on saturday night and a family meal on Sunday at a local Sizzler pub restaurant type thingy LOL...I'm dreading it because I ABSOLUTELY love Sizzlers and usually have a starter and a main and a dessert if I can force it down me..All my boyfriends family are 'feeders' when it comes to me and him too, So no doubt will get a hard time when his mum finds out I'm trying to lose weight and be healthier.....Anyway, I've avoided eating out as I find it too much stress thinking about what I can and can't have, and Its too easy for me at the moment to say 'stuff it, its only one night'....I still need my body to catch up with my brain and realise that food is not the be all and end all!!........

See I ramble about nonsense!!!! lol

K x

Hi hun, thanks for stopping by :) well done one your loss too, its fantastic!

Lost 1lb since monday which -m pleased with, so definately gonna have thursday as my weigh in day now!

Feeling positive and motivated today!

K x

KirstyLou12 said:
Hi hun, thanks for stopping by :) well done one your loss too, its fantastic!

Lost 1lb since monday which -m pleased with, so definately gonna have thursday as my weigh in day now!

Feeling positive and motivated today!

K x

Excellent result well done :) the only way is down xxx

Thanks hun :)

Had a really nice day today, Went to get my hair done at my sisters house, shes a hairdresser but on maternity leave from work...only meant to stay for a couple of hours, but spent at least 2 hours just laughing at my nephew who has figured out how to roll over but desperately eager to move forward instead of just rolling! He's ever so cute!! Before I knew it, it was 4pm (I had been there since 11am!!)....and I hadn't eaten anything besides an apple as I was rushing out the house....Then my other sister who is pregnant and due in 7weeks asked me to go to asda with her to get some bits for her new house, although we only ended up buying an ironing board and some cups, everything else we bought was for the baby!!..after we had finished there and me and my boyfriend went to tesco for some essentials it was 9pm and I STILL hadn't...so ended up ordering chinese!!

So food diary for today.....

Breakfast - Apple!!

Lunch - NONE!!

Dinner - NONE!!

Supper - Chicken Chow mein (about 7 syns if i remember rightly!)

Oh and I had 3 coffees at my sisters each with 1 sugar in!!

So a pretty poor effort today by all accounts!! But oh well....tomorrows a new day and all that....

KirstyLou12 said:
Thanks hun :)

Had a really nice day today, Went to get my hair done at my sisters house, shes a hairdresser but on maternity leave from work...only meant to stay for a couple of hours, but spent at least 2 hours just laughing at my nephew who has figured out how to roll over but desperately eager to move forward instead of just rolling! He's ever so cute!! Before I knew it, it was 4pm (I had been there since 11am!!)....and I hadn't eaten anything besides an apple as I was rushing out the house....Then my other sister who is pregnant and due in 7weeks asked me to go to asda with her to get some bits for her new house, although we only ended up buying an ironing board and some cups, everything else we bought was for the baby!!..after we had finished there and me and my boyfriend went to tesco for some essentials it was 9pm and I STILL hadn't...so ended up ordering chinese!!

So food diary for today.....

Breakfast - Apple!!

Lunch - NONE!!

Dinner - NONE!!

Supper - Chicken Chow mein (about 7 syns if i remember rightly!)

Oh and I had 3 coffees at my sisters each with 1 sugar in!!

So a pretty poor effort today by all accounts!! But oh well....tomorrows a new day and all that....

you still stuck within your syns which makes it still a day on plan :) so well done for that :) anything nice today planned x

Yeah it wasnt so bad, just didn't drink enough water and only an apple for my superfree..ooops!! Hope your well...:) x x

So...

Breakfast - Some Grapefruit then I had Scrambled egg, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and beans (my fave breakfast ever!!)

Lunch - Still unsure but think I'm gonna have Butternut squash and sweet potato soup

Dinner - Chicken and Bacon Hotpot (recipe from SW magazine) with some green cabbage, broccoli and babycorn (bit of a concoction there, but still using up what I've got left!!)

Then I'm out tonight, gonna stick to vodka and soda, am usually led very astray but 2 of my friends who are doing SW are coming out too, so will be easier to stick to it lol....

K x

Well my weekend was pretty much a complete write off, I ended up drinking too much but didnt stray from vodka and soda, ate 3 packets of quavers at my friends house when we got home (better than a pizza I suppose!)....then sunday I had a huge sunday roast with plenty of superfree....but later at night on our way home me and my boyfriend got a KFC, and if i'm honest it truly wasnt worth it! I forgot how sluggish fast food makes me feel, so definately went to bed sulking with myself for my lack of willpower!!

Decided as I over indulged on the syns by quite alot over the weekend I would have either syn free or low syn days for the rest of the week....

Monday

Breakfast- Mullerlight, Apple and Orange ( i woke late so saved myself for lunch!)

Lunch - Scrambled egg, mushrooms, grilled tomatos and beans

Dinner - Chicken and mushroom stirfry

Snacks - cucumber slices, apple, orange and strawberries

Have only just realised I didnt have either of my HE!!!...Think I was maybe punishing myself abit too much after the weekend!!

Tuesday

Breakfast - Mullerlight, Strawberries, apple, grapefruit and an orange!

Lunch - BNS and Sweet Potato Soup with red pepper, spring onions and tomatoes (abit random, I do always have weird concoctions!!)

Dinner - Sliced cooked chicken breast, Red pepper with 100g of cous cous (cannot remember the syns, must look them up!!), broccoli, carrots, green beans and tomato ( i have no idea where my obsession with tomatos has come from, I never used to like them!!)

And again have realised I haven't had my HE!! What am I doing?!?! I seem to have lost the plot after the weekend. I go from either eating too much or depriving myself as punishment!! Gonna go have some weetabix to use my HE and plan what I'm gonna have tomorrow....think I need to start proper planning out my week so I know what I'm eating and when....feel really down tonight :( but hey ho, off to order the 30day shred as I have heard amazing things about it......

Well my week has gone totally to pot...Early hours of wednesday my dad had a heart attack, he's ok, had an emergency operation to unblock an artery and he's still in hospital but in good spirits and on the mend which is the main thing. It's really knocked me for sx, as my dad is the one person I don't worry about, he is 50 but the most active man I know, never gets poorly or stressed. Maybe he just needs to slow down abit.....So we left the hospital at 7am, starving and went and got a mcdonalds breakfast (used to love these!!)....definately emotional eating I know that, but not bothered to be honest, also had a kitkat and a packet of milkybar buttons!!

Wednesday
7am breakfast - Sausage and egg mcmuffin, hash brown and a coffee ( a million syns!)

3pm 'Lunch/dinner - Pasta with a tbsp of pesto ( 4 syns), sliced chicken breast, tomato, cucumber, lettuce and grated carrot

9pm Supper! - 2 slices wholemeal bread, slice of cooked ham with cucumber and lettuce

Snacks - 4finger kitkat, milkybar buttons and 2 apples!

Feel very 'bluerghhhh'....weighed in today and I have sts, which I suppose is a miracle considering the amount of crap I have eaten!

Thursday

Breakfast - mullerlight, apple

Lunch - 2 slices wholemeal bread, slice cooked chicken, cucumber and lettuce

Dinner - Really not hungry or in the mood to eat so have no idea what to have yet....

snacks so far - 2 apples

Oh hum. So sorry to hear about your dad. Knocked me about when it happened to my dad too. Glad to hear he's recovering well tho x

Aww thanks hun, its very scary isnt it. But thankfully he is on the mend :)

Am feeling a little better now, my boyfriend brought me home some weights I asked hin to get me for when I start the 30day shred (it should be here tomorrow!)....so I've been busy planning out my week and am determined to stick to it, think I need to mix it up a little, as I'm too reliant on chicken and veg as my back up plan!!

So tomorrow

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk (HEa and HEb) followed by some fruit

Lunch - Speed Soup with a side of salad just, healthier than bread as I like having something to chew LOL

Dinner - Going to make Chicken, potato and spinach curry with rice and side salad.....

Haven't decided on what for my syns as yet......

Saturday -

Breakfast -Big Breakfast of 2 sausages (2syns), bacon, scrambled egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and maybe beans with wholemeal toast (HEb)

Lunch - Will be having lunch on the go, so going to make up a tuna salad with some cheese and take plenty of fruit with me

Dinner - Vegetable Paella (from this months SW magazine!) with extra roasted veg (peppers, carrots, red onion and BNS!)

Will update rest on Sunday as I really need to go to bed....

K x

Well had a good weekend on plan and no alcohol!! My dad came home Sunday so tahts good news, think he is going to struggle with being off work for so long (at least 8weeks!)...he is very active usually but hes getting better so thats all that matters!!

Sundays food

Breakfast - Baked Beans on 2 slice wholemeal toast with tomatoes and mushrooms

Lunch - Tesco Simply Cook Lamb in mint gravy with roasted parsnip, brocolli, spring greens and green cabbage

Snacks - Mullerlight, 2 apples, KitKat Chunky (13syns)

Its * week this week, and I have no appetite so I didnt even eat my full meals yesterday as I suffer badly at the start which makes it uncomfortable to eat :(...not good but stay on plan..

Todays food

Breakfast - Shreddies + semi skimmed milk(HEa and HEb) and an apple.

Lunch - Mullerlight with grapes, strawberries and an orange (feeling very sickly today!)

Dinner - Sticky pork with noodles and mixed pepper stir fry and a side salad.

Try to up my initake of water had 3 glasses so far, am aiming for 6 a day this week! Also the 30day shred DVD turned up finally this morning, and I am so eager to get started but I really can't when its *week as I'm just too uncomfortable!! damn mother nature!!

Hello :) Found your diary and subscribed. Your food looks great, I hate * week aswell, we're so different because when it finally comes I want to eat everything in site :eek:
Glad your Dad is home and is recovering well, best wishes :)
What days do you do on this plan? I'll be popping in a lot you won't be able to get rid of me lol :) Enjoy your day xx

Hi there - it's great to see someone else's diary and get inspiration! I've been really bad today - well I bought some liquorice allsorts yesterday and have eaten about 12 syns worth today! I know they're still in my allowance but I can't get my head around the fact that I can still lose weight !!

Oh Linz, I read this after reading your reply to me on your diary! LOL

Thanks for the wishes regarding my dad, hes a tough cookie so I have faith he will a full recovery :)

I mostly do EE days, because I do SW from home I haven't got my head around Red and Green, even though I know the basics! But I know I'm probably going wrong some days, for example I could more than likely have a few red days as I limit my carbs as much as I can anyway, but I haven't worked out what happens when it comes to the Healthy Extras (2 of A and either 1 or 2 of B??!!) or even how to syn stuff that I would have? If that makes any sense at all!!

xxx

MrsPepperpot....Completely agree, I don't know if I have got my head around the syns side of things yet, I still feel naughty if I have a chocolate bar or anything remotely sinful! but it is nice to know that even having a small treat everyday still helps you lose weight rather than depriving yourself and then eating everything in site (which is what I have tended to do in the past!!) 12 syns worth of sweets is better than 22 syns worth of sweets...at least you have stayed within your syns and had a nice treat! we need to learn not to be so hard on ourselves dont we? xxx

Oh Linz, I read this after reading your reply to me on your diary! LOL

Thanks for the wishes regarding my dad, hes a tough cookie so I have faith he will a full recovery :)

I mostly do EE days, because I do SW from home I haven't got my head around Red and Green, even though I know the basics! But I know I'm probably going wrong some days, for example I could more than likely have a few red days as I limit my carbs as much as I can anyway, but I haven't worked out what happens when it comes to the Healthy Extras (2 of A and either 1 or 2 of B??!!) or even how to syn stuff that I would have? If that makes any sense at all!!

xxx

I do it from home too, I couldn't get my head around any of the days to be honest. I just sat there and thought 'what the hell am I doing'.
On EE it's one healthy extra a and one healthy extra b a day, and the syn values are basically 1 syn = 20 cals. It gets easier. I've never done a red day because they never fill me up :( XXX

Hi Kirstylou,

Sorry to hear about your Dad, but glad to hear he's on the mend! You're doing fab so far, so i wouldnt worry too much about the occasional comfort eating, everyone does it now and again :). I had a peanut butter kitkat chunky the other day, it was amazing and definitely worth the syns! You'd resent the plan if you didnt treat yourself now and again! Good luck and best wishes to your Dad! x

Back