i cannot believe....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by MidwifeKim, 6 May 2009 Social URL.

1. MidwifeKim

MidwifeKim Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    A Sainsburys BGTY Tomato and herb pasta sauce is 14!!!! yes 14!!!! syns!!! :eek:

I put half a jar of it on my pasta last night because i was too lazy to make my own sauce! The other half of that jar is going down the sink!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE laziness for me!! :copon:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Bloody hell!! I wonder how many are in their normal one's then?

Swines

4. crimson_noir

crimson_noir Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.6%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Are you sure? Wow that is super scary.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself, Italian Tomato & Herb Pasta Sauce, jar 500g jar[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Original 14 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green 14 Syns[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tesco Mushroom Pasta Sauce, jar 500g jar[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Original 11½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green 11½ Syns[/FONT]

If you are [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]having an Extra Easy day, choose the lower [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Syn value [/FONT]
    [/FONT]this one is much better

Last edited: 6 May 2009
  5. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    BGTY tomato and mascapone pasta sauce is 7.5 syns for a 300g pot according to the new directory cant see tom and herb .

6. Maria

Maria Was born to shop

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow, thats a heck of a lot of syns for pasta sauce! Scary

7. time4action

time4action Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.04%)
    Diet:
    SS+
    There must be tons of sugar in that sauce. Just goes to prove that "low fat" isn't always whats best.

8. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    OMG, i have always wondered about those jars of sauce, i also think they use veg oil etc in it

9. couscous

couscous Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro-Points WW
    I bet the normal one is lower in syns - cheeky how you think you're picking carefully and in fact its so damaging

10. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    'Damaging' is hard to quantify - which is worse, fat or sugar?! Just have a quick nosy at the back of the jars/packets to compare the normal and the 'healthy option' - it's usually pretty clear what differences there are!

I use passata for my pasta sauces - if I'm lazy I just bulk out a sauce like the OP did, or make my own sauce with the passata and herbs/spices.

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I always make my own sauces, I use lazy chilli, garlic, chopped onion and a tin of tomatoes - tinned cherry tomatoes are lovely and make a really rich sauce. Stir in some FF Fromage frais if you want it creamy.

Nothing beats home made and its cheaper too!

I think it's the oil in the sauces which bump up the syn value - shocking!!

The low fat, bgty, light choices etc thing is a bit of a con really (imo), it just means something is reduced from the original version but that something that is missing is usually replaced with something else. I was surprised to find out that Mcvities lower fat rich tea are the same syn value as the normal ones but not as nice. The fat is replaced with sugar so the overall calorie content is the same!!

It's frustrating!!!

12. MidwifeKim

MidwifeKim Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know, it's the last time i opt for a lazy dinner - making my own all the way now. I was shocked that it could be that much! Won't be doing that again!! It must be the oil or sugar i guess....i never checked the pack as i figured - tomato and herb where can you go wrong?! But i WAS wrong lol!

Just thought i'd share as a heads-up for everyone!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.