I can't believe it

Nona

Hi there I'm new to SW - tried it for one week last year and put on 1.5lbs and don't know what went wrong, so I begin again this time with some trepidation. Thing is I think I'm following the plan but I can't get over the fact that I'm eating so much. For 3 days I've had a big jacket potato and beans for lunch and am literally stuffed til dinner time. Then big plate of noodles, veg, chicken etc.
Can anyone please reassure me that I'm not going to put weight ON if I stick to this way of eating? I've had abound 9 syns a day.
Also, if you have jacket pot and beans, you're not having any Superfree food, does that matter? :confused:

hiya hun your beans are classed as a superspeed free food x

Well, ok, they maybe superspeed free but they're not superfree.

Nona, if you're going to stick by the rules of the diet, then could you try maybe fitting a side salad onto the plate with the beans and jacket, or some mushrooms or something, especially if as you say, it's a large jacket potato?
I don't know if it will affect your losses, not having a 3rd superfree with your jacket and beans - but given you're concerned I would give it a go. As far as the rest of your meals are concerned - the quantities sound fine (and you're supposed to be full up) as long as a 3rd of your meal is a 3rd superfree and you're stopping when you're full.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Hi. If you are following extra easy then you must have a third superfree with your meal. So yes it does matter, if you struggle with superfree maybe you could try a green day, which a jacket potato and beans would be perfect for!
9 syns is fine, I normally have around 11 a day! And also it is fine to be eating alot as long as you are hungry and it's just not for the sake of it. Good look with the plan it really does work. Xxx

Don't panic. First post a typical day of what you are eating so we can take a look (yes superfree is important). Also what were your eating habit like before joining? If you were on a restrictive diet it can take a bit of time for your body to adapt to eating normally

hi not sure if im posting on right forum (im a newbie) just that i came off night duty (im a nurse) have eaten 2 bannisters jacket potatoes 1syn each (i think) 1 peice of chicken and a few plum tomatoes then i had an apple banana 2 mad oranges and a mullier light y just need to know please if there is enough superfree food here or am i completey off track im going to bed now as im workin 2night again is it ok 2 go 2 bed on full stomach my shifts tend to be nights and days so i have no set pattern any advice greatly appreciated

I'd say that sounds ok, could you have had some salad with your potatoes?

doesn't matter when you eat as long as you follow the plan, so it shouldn't be a problem when you're on nights.

I sometimes work nights too and its hard to get your head around the change in days, and then theres the days when you're up for most of it then awake all night, thats when your superfree and free snacks are great.

I also like frozen berries, you can put them in a plastic container then when you're ready to eat them they've defrosted and they've got juice too, add your muller light and bobs your uncle a lovely superfree superspeed snack

good luck xx

Hi there I'm new to SW - tried it for one week last year and put on 1.5lbs and don't know what went wrong, so I begin again this time with some trepidation. Thing is I think I'm following the plan but I can't get over the fact that I'm eating so much. For 3 days I've had a big jacket potato and beans for lunch and am literally stuffed til dinner time. Then big plate of noodles, veg, chicken etc.
Can anyone please reassure me that I'm not going to put weight ON if I stick to this way of eating? I've had abound 9 syns a day.
Also, if you have jacket pot and beans, you're not having any Superfree food, does that matter? :confused:

forget what happened last year, it was only a week.

Is there any reason you're eating the same thing every day? if you're following EE then yes it is important to have your 1/3 superfree, if its green or red then not so important but helpful.

are you going to group or doing it online/on your own?

if your at gorup fill in a food diary for your consultant to look at to check, if you're doing it online or alone then put a food diary on here so people can help you out, or even do both.

Trust the plan, it does work.

How about following one of the 7 day plans out of the mag ot theres the 7 day plan booklets with the daily mirror for 4 days starting yesterday. It'll give you some great ideas of meal choices and stop you getting bored of your food

good luck xx

Definitely need to up your superfree-beans are superspeed but not superfree,I'd have had a salad with it or some dry fried onions,mushrooms and grilled tomatoes :)

ooh never though of fried onions with jacket pot and beans, sounds yummy though, might try than next green day, thanks x

xoxsarahxox said:
If I don't have a third superfree with my meal (on EE) I just have some fruit afterwards

This is ok as long as you leave a third of you plate empty. Or eat the fruit before your meal :)

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it personally, just that that's not the guidelines from slimming world. If Someone new to it read that and then wasn't loosing they might wonder why. Just pointing out, not having a go. X

in fairness, my consultant always tells us that as long as a third of your daily intake is superfree then thats fine.....

xx

I thought the 1/3 plate superfree was only applicable to Extra Easy - the food listed in the original thread was a green day.

Just seen the 'chicken' so def EE - sorry for the confusion. x

Back