I cant believe its not butter spray US?

Hi, I'm from one of the first groups here in the US (Texas). I use the butter sprays all the time, there's a Parkay spray as well. They are free as long as you use them as a spray and don't just open the bottle and dump them into your food, yes people have tried that. They really are good it's nice that I can still have buttered corn on the cob.

Thanks Tripetta I dont think we can get that here yet in the UK. Shame it looks good! Ive seen a site on Ebay that sells it though and exports it. It looks delicious :D

I have a friend who is over there just now Im trying to mail him to ask him to ship some back to me lol .... hope he can.

Hi, I'm from one of the first groups here in the US (Texas). I use the butter sprays all the time, there's a Parkay spray as well. They are free as long as you use them as a spray and don't just open the bottle and dump them into your food, yes people have tried that. They really are good it's nice that I can still have buttered corn on the cob.

Hi Trip... Houston here.....well Katy really.....I agree the can't believe spray is great....first saw it while watching Ruby on style channel... she uses it on asparags all the time and gave it a try... brilliant

if its free its free! I happily pour my frylight for crispy roasties... i dont care! LOL

Hahaha!

Fern surely its only free coz its sprayed so thinly? If you drown your spuds then its just like coating them in oil shurely?

I will HAPPILY stand corrected on this one :D

Fern .. its free if you dont pour it lol - I am pretty sure thats how it works :D

Ms Harley I LOVE Ruby I watch it all the time and thats where I saw it too .. when she was spraying it all over asaparagus.

We have Harley's - been around bikes all my life -- one of the reasons for me to lose weight is so that we can take our Route 66 trip year after next from Chicago to Santa Monica on a Harley ...

Good to meet you. :D

We have Harley's - been around bikes all my life -- one of the reasons for me to lose weight is so that we can take our Route 66 trip year after next from Chicago to Santa Monica on a Harley ...

My husband has wanted to do that route for ages, maybe now we are living here we will get round to it.....we hope to get to bikefest in Daytona this Oct its about 15 hrs ride from us...but will do it over 2 days....

Hi Trip... Houston here.....well Katy really.....I agree the can't believe spray is great....first saw it while watching Ruby on style channel... she uses it on asparags all the time and gave it a try... brilliant

Yay another member in America, Texas at that! I was begining to think I was the only one. Not that I don't love all the lovely British people on here. I just can't help with products and such and have to modify any recipes I help out with.

Hahaha!

Fern surely its only free coz its sprayed so thinly? If you drown your spuds then its just like coating them in oil shurely?

I will HAPPILY stand corrected on this one :D

how do they know i wont stand spaying for 15 minutes using the same amount as if i drizzle it over them instead?

thats like saying mug shots are free if you only eat one.. what if i have 3 for a lunch?

aslong as it isnt causing damage i dont see why not... all in the name of crispy spuds!

we hope to get to bikefest in Daytona this Oct its about 15 hrs ride from us...but will do it over 2 days....

We have been to Daytona a few times in October, we usually come over for 3 weeks and stay in Kissimee taking a week out to do the Daytona bike week ... have a great time! :D

Are you working over there now? Is it a temp or a perm move ? We were thinking of moving there for a while anyway.

how do they know i wont stand spaying for 15 minutes using the same amount as if i drizzle it over them instead?

thats like saying mug shots are free if you only eat one.. what if i have 3 for a lunch?

aslong as it isnt causing damage i dont see why not... all in the name of crispy spuds!

Because if you just pour it on you'll take in a lot more calories. It's the same reason we can't stew, blend, or juice fruit and have it for free.

Yay another member in America, Texas at that! I was begining to think I was the only one. Not that I don't love all the lovely British people on here. I just can't help with products and such and have to modify any recipes I help out with.

I am originaly from the Uk, lived in ireland from 2002 till last summer when we moved to Katy for hubbys work....thank god I found you coz its been hard to modify some stuff....LOL

Because if you just pour it on you'll take in a lot more calories. It's the same reason we can't stew, blend, or juice fruit and have it for free.

It didn't seem to do Fern any harm have you seen how much weight she's lost!!! I must admit i poured it over as well when i was on slimming world.

We have been to Daytona a few times in October, we usually come over for 3 weeks and stay in Kissimee taking a week out to do the Daytona bike week ... have a great time! :D

Are you working over there now? Is it a temp or a perm move ? We were thinking of moving there for a while anyway.

We have Harley friends who live in Palm Coast just down the road from bike fest so will stay with them...

We got relocated for hubbys work...he is in Oil and Gas... was in Ireland from 2002 till last summer when we moved here... I'm not working..havent been able to get anything...will be here at least 3 years but will prob extend visa for another 2 or will have to go for Greencard... Hubby is the only one in his compnay doing his job and really needs to be here with Managers of his level in similar area's....where are you thinking of moving too?

Opps think we have hijacked the thread... why dont ya add me and we can IM

This butter spray sounds fab wish we had it in the uk :( don't think i'll order it from ebay may be fake or something lol :)

This butter spray sounds fab wish we had it in the uk :( don't think i'll order it from ebay may be fake or something lol :)

I have written to Unilever via email to see if they have any plans to introduce this product into the UK. :D I think the stuff in ebay is real :D

It didn't seem to do Fern any harm have you seen how much weight she's lost!!! I must admit i poured it over as well when i was on slimming world.

No, it hasnt - but that could well be luck rather than design, and it could be harmful to someone who took that as gospel and used it as a regular thing to make roasties.

I hate to break it to you, but the sunflower frylight has 549 kcals in 100 ml of product, the whole bottle being 250 ml so a whole bottle is about 1375 kcal. The reason it is light is the way it is sprayed and lightly coats the item, its still basically just oil. Even if you only used a couple of 15ml tablespoons of frylite, which is really not a huge amount, thats still 105 kcals. If you pour it, and dont measure the amount you pour, then you could easily use a third of a bottle and add 3-400 kcals to your spuds.

I KNOW we dont count calories, but still...

So looking at it that way ..... would it be the same to use other normal cooking oils in a fine spray and just use that rather than fry light?

Good question. Frylite seems to be diluted in some way, according to the ingredients it is 56% sunflower oil, water, and soya lectithin and alcohol. Ordinary oil sprayed would be thicker and not coat so lightly. So probably not. It would be better for you I suppose than pouring frylite or oil, but I doubt it would spray as easily, and it wouldn't be 1cal per spray.

Back