Step 1 Sole Source Day one. Here goes EVERYTHING.

Well done! :0clapper:you have done fab!! I'm on day 4 SS not so hungry today but having to cook roast dinner was hard! Haha but I'm on my bottle no 3 of water today (2 ltr drunk) still going and chocolate shake to have soon( last one today) but I want a good loss my first week to keep me going( weigh in Wednesday)
My mouth feels horrible and I keep getting heartburn ( no idea why when I'm not eating anything) haha... It will be worth it in the end I keep telling myself!
Have not tried any of the food like spag Bol yet as I don't know if this would make me want to eat more( if you know what I mean)?? By just having shakes for first two weeks ( before I can replace one meal with a bar) I hope it help me to get into ketosis ( if I'm there already not sure??) and to start to control what I put in my mouth!! Haha
Anyway enough of my ramblings .. If anyone is reading this I hope you understand ... Drink drink and drink more water!!!
:worthy: Haha
Keep it up everyone !!

Thank you :) You are off to a great start too! Well done - you are almost through the toughest part. Once you are fully in ketosis - it gets so much easier. Something I find really useful - is Ketostix. They used to give you a few to take home so you could test your wee and make sure, or know when you were in ketosis. Cambridge changed to rules and said no more. I bought some on Amazon for a fiver. I find having that knowledge absolutely 110% confirmed - I know from that moment that ANY hunger I have is in my head. That makes it so much easier to quickly move on rather then be tormented by thoughts of cheats. So I reccomend that to anyone. Its a real anchor to the diet if you know what I mean.

Now that I am FULLY in ketosis I do not get any hunger from the Spag Bo - I would not suggest doing that until a bit further down the road of K just to be safe! :)

Keep going - we can do this!!!!!!!! Its great to have someone else doing it too!! :) xx

Thanks lovely:) it's so blooming hard! Day 5... And while cooking dinner had a couple of mouthfuls ( small) of pasta and god it was nice! But hey ho not gonna beat myself up... And go and binge like I normally would... Had 3 litres of water and my 3 shakes so keep going... Weigh in Wednesday ... Hopefully I haven't done too much damage
Yes, I will get some of those sticks... Still hate the horrible taste in mouth and gross tongue! Haha... I have got some mouth spray
When is your weigh day? How long have you been on plan? Are you doing ss?
It's great to have someone to chat to... Thanks x

:peep:Well here I am day 6 today still find it hard .. I think it's just the fact not physically putting food into my mouth!:) Drank loads today nearly 4 litres!!! Weigh day tomorrow... Can't wait to see a good loss( I hope)
I have to cook dinner for everyone at night and find that hard so am gonna ask CDC tomorrow if I can maybe try the spaghetti bolognaise as a meal ( just the thought of eating makes me excited) nuts I know then on week 3 I can try a bar in the evening.... Mm mm
How's everyone else doing? Keep at it and please say hi if anyone's around ? Be nice to chat!
Wish me luck for tomorrow ..... X

Last edited:
Well done all!!!*clap clap*. Still struggling here....just lost over a kg :(. Ah well, let's keep plodding on :D

Not in a hurry :))

Well.... Day 7 weigh in... Loss 11 pounds!! Woohoo!!:woohoo:so pleased !!! The hard work does pay off even if it doesn't feel like it at the time.... A long way to go... But next target set of 3 pounds to get to 1 stone!!!
Couldn't wait for tonight to have my spag Bol :eating: it was delicious!! It felt so nice to have something other than a milkshake... Like solid food crazy I know... But I ate it slow drinking water as I went to make it last longer... But I felt really full!!! Looking forward to my bars next week as well. Sorry all I seem to be talking about is food today! Feeling on a high! Keep it up everyone... We can do this ....gonna be slimmer am determined........

I don't know why my ticker has not updated?

Sorry I'm trying

I have changed it on my ticker but it's not showing on the signature? Weird? Don't know how to do this!

Hi

Hello

Is it working now?

weird???

Has the ticker updated yet? It takes a few hours to update, I think. I had the same challenge myself but seems it's fine now... hurray :D Nice to see you're hanging on in there well :D

Hi yes it's updated now... Like you said takes a while to work I think :peep:haha hope everyone's ok?
Got banging headache today... Drank my 3 litres and just finished my spag Bol .... I'm enjoying being able to eat something with everyone at the table hope this headache does one soon.....onwards and upwards... Keeping at it xx

Wow!!! 11 Pounds!!! WELL DONE!! Makes it ALL worth it doesn;t it!? :) And now that you SEE it works, it will get much much easier in your head and you will be driven to keep going!!! I a so happy for you !!! :) :)

I have my weigh ins on Friday evenings but sometimes Thursday mornings.

I have been having a good old clear out adn organising my wardrobe - I have even been able to throw a few things out that are too big now - and I am organising them in order of size and I will try them every week or two and then move them from pending, into wearing - and the ones I been wearing that are to big to the chairty. I did this the first time i did Lighter Life and I was successful. So doing everything that worked then, again now. Its great - I am feeing really in control now. Mercy mercy! :D And of course - I have bought myself a few lovely new things for my wardrobe - some Joe Browns and some nice shoes - rewards for along the way. Things to look forward to and get excitied about and help with visualisation which really does help.

I have been having problems with my ticker too. May have to make a new one. I cannot refresh or update it. Haven;t been able to for a week or two.

Keep on rocking this thing! You got it!! Oh and yes, I am SS. :)

(The Spagbo is a life saver)

Well done all!!!*clap clap*. Still struggling here....just lost over a kg :(. Ah well, let's keep plodding on :D

Not in a hurry :))
Yep! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. :) Persistance pays off - wyou will find your groove. :)

Good luck !!! xx

Thanks everyone day 11 today and I just can't stomach any more of the spag Bol it makes me feel sick( the smell and I think I have just overdosed on it) oh well...they will be going back to the CDC:(
Have also been feeling pretty rubbish... Just tired, no energy ,down in dumps, grumpy,aching in places and muscles I didn't think I had? Weird, so hubby said to have a 200 cal meal as in step 2...and my 2 shakes... Still 600 cal ... But I'm not sure if I would stay on ketosis doing this...
Anyway this is what I have been doing...just some prawns and a 80g salad as in book and tonight I had some quorn pieces and mangetout and mushrooms yay much better...I'm not hungry at all and struggle to eat the little meal, but am getting on with it and still drinking 3 litres + of water:0icanfly:
I don't know if this what I am supposed to do... But I needed to eat something and rather than going off the rails I though at least I am still following plan, just gone up a step! Well I will found out Wednesday when it's weigh in.....
I still have gross breath and mouth so dry all the time... Plus struggling with toilet but it will be worth it... I gotta keep going can't go back now.....
Good luck everyone and keep up your good work....I can't wait to go and buy something in a smaller size!!!
Also can anyone tell me can you have a piece of Lemon in your water?
Ta da for now xx

No lemons or oranges or limes in the water Im afraid - citrus will knock you out of ketosis.

Have you tried the water flavourings? The summer berries is nice - I just use a little as its very sweet but just a hint of flavour makes it much more palatable.

Also fizzy water with the flavourings is quite refreshing too. :)

Good luck with Step 2. SOetimes that is the perfect combo for people. I tried it once but the slope was too slippery - I am an all or nothing kind of girl. :)

Feeling better today:) still sticking with 2 shakes and my 200 calorie little meal... Today I had an omelette with a small salad. Yum I'm still drinking over 3 litres a day! I think you just have to do what's right for you and what you can cope with! Not sure what my weight loss will be this week after loosing 11 pound on my first week? But if I loose 3 I will be chuffed as its a stone!:0clapper:we will see! Thanks blonde logic for advice on lemons... I was just confused as it said it cd book that you could... Anyway I might infest in some berry flavouring when I go for weigh in on Wednesday ....just to break up the flavour of just plain fizzy water
My first day tomorrow off to college as a student ..... Scary.... But have my water and my little meal for lunch so will see how I get on... Keep,up the good work everyone......

Back