Step 1 Sole Source Day one. Here goes EVERYTHING.

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Here we go again....

Hi all,

I am restarting CD, sole source, and its day one.

A little background - in 2008 I lost over 10 Stone on Lighter Life - which was a wonderful program and the counseling so helpful - but I can no longner afford LL, so CD is the next best thing! After a very traumatic accident leading to the death of my mother in 2010, I lost the magic that let me maintain my loss for 2 years, and slowly the weight crept back on. I tried CD a couple of times and had good luck - but the weight again crept back on. Then, last year, I had emergency surgery leading to a cancer scare, and a very long, difficult recovery. Thankfully, there was no cancer. But it was a years recovery over all, and I now geel the worst I have EVER felt in my life. I have regained 7 of the 10 stone I lost in 2008. I am not going to cry over it - of all the things that happened since then - it is not the most devestating.

So! Here we are - Day One, and full of excitement and relief that I know if I keep my head down, focus on and power through I can acheive what I acheived in 2008.

I have come back to Minimims because it was a HUGE part of my success, and I hope I can find here in the CD forum the same active support I found in the LL one.

I am sure so many of us go through the same things every day - lets help each other get to where we deserve to be. Having been slim in 2008 for the first time in my life - I can say it was the happiest period of my life and I cannot wait to be fit, trim and healthy again. I long for it - and feel like I have finally caught hold of the lifesaver again, which has been eluding me for years.

Onward and downward - I did it once - I can do it again.

xx

Hi BL, it's good to see you back on the forums! I remember you going through some of these things way back and I'm sorry you've had such a difficult time since then... But I am glad you have worked through it and get to a good place ready to fight again! We are here for you, good luck with CD, I know you can do it again!

x

Thanks Doll! I feel great about starting......just got to dig in and get on with it. So how have you been - and what are you up to these days? Are you dieting or maintaining, or...? I love your pic. I remember too you had gone through some tough times too, when you lost your grandmother? My memory is not brilliant - I think thats right? And you were very busy with school? xx

You do have a good memory! I was going through a tough time losing my grandparents and moving house at the same time and finishing my Masters back in 2010... It took such a long time to recover, the stress sent me into full blown binge eating disorder for years. I almost regained everything I lost on LL... But I've been dieting in small spurts since 2013 and now am pushing the last bit to get back into the 10's! So I've actually not done too badly on that front. Sorted my head out first, now that it's in a good place, the dieting isn't hard. :) I finally found a balance and a healthy approach to food, so I'm just calorie counting with some intermittent fasting thrown in. As far as general life - I'm actually back at University again - studying Computer Science. Can't seem to stop studying!

How is everything with you? xx

Good for you for keeping on and persavering. Its difficult enough on a good day but add lifes challenges and its doubled! Sounds like you are managing your weight well.

I have been in full on binge mode since Christmas. Life has just been a bit challenging the last few years.....and I lost the plot. I am pretty sure I have some sort of eating disorder and sought help from my GP but got nowhere - this seemed the safest place for me diet wise - I am all or nothing, so now its time for nothing.

Sad I have to do it all over again - but hey ho. Its what it is. It is great MMs is back - but man, it is so quiet compared to what it was in 2008. I hope it picks up. :)

Are you still with yer fella and is he maitaining his loss?

Glad you are here. :) xx

First weigh in this morning! I have struggled a bit getting into K, but I think I am there. I have not been able to get through a day without popping a few bites of cheese and a couple of almonds. Hopefully now that I feel I am in K, this can stp. Fingers crossed it has not affected the loss much.

Well done BL:0clapper:
Thank you Mini. It's a start. I know it could have been much higher if I had not nibbled on a small handfull of almonds each night - but I had to do what I had to, to get to ketosis. I don;t feel as strong as I once was. Yet. But in ketosis now so looking forward to a good loss next week. All in the right direction though, thats what is important!

Hi Mini

I am down 6 pounds from starting. Considering the binging phase I have come out of I am pleased with that - I know if could hae been better, but at least its the right direction and already has eased some of the pain I feel in my feet and knees - so its a good start. Thank you for asking. :)

I'm glad you're doing ok BL :) I've also started TFR yesterday, so you're not alone on this anymore! Had a change of direction after a chaotic two weeks... things happen, but I guess, it's good that I came to my senses sooner rather than later. x

Hi Mini

I am down 6 pounds from starting. Considering the binging phase I have come out of I am pleased with that - I know if could hae been better, but at least its the right direction and already has eased some of the pain I feel in my feet and knees - so its a good start. Thank you for asking. :)
6 lbs off is good...one more pound and you have your first half stone!

Easing yourself into TFR/Sole Sourcing is better than giving up and is not such a shock to the system, and because of your past experience of this diet you know that once you are fully committed to it...you will move forward and do great like before.

Sometimes, because you know this diet so well and how it works and have done it for a long period before your mind can instantly re-run the previous script in your head and as I know that in itself can be overwelming...Setting mini goals works well at the beginning as they are more achievable and give quicker results and help to boost your confindence and belief in your own success.

I have every confindence in you BL that you will succeed as you are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for and once that steely determination of yours is unleashed there will be no stopping you.

Thank you Mini and Minerva. Minerva I know you will nail this and absolutley better to nip it at the beginning - I wish I had done that.. Woulda coulda shoulda. Its nice to have some companny. :) xxx

Mini, your words really meant alot - faith in myself is something I need to work on rebuilding. Your words remind me that I actually can. Thanks very much. I am going to take your good advice and set some mini goals. I think that will help get me back into that feeling of acheiving things again! xxx

OK. Phew. Ii am there. On the Ketosis train. 100% for 2 weeks. Still feels a very slippery slope but the worst is hopefully behind me and my focus is in place.

I am now down 20 pounds. 70 to go. Its a long road, but I am determined to get there, no matter how many detours try and stop me. If i can jut keep focused now.

Yesterday I was so close to giving in to the voices in my head telling me i HAD to eat something. But I managed to silence them finally.

Yes - it still feels very slippery but the mud is drying up - should be marching up that hill to the top now.

I like the energy here!!! Well done blonde logic :)

Also just starting today yet again. It's a brand new month, what the heck. Having a leek and potato soup. Felt it would taste awful but hey, not bad afterall. Let's hope I won't be side tracked unnecessarily like always. Hate being blubbery :):):)

I'm on day one as well today!had my last shake and feel like there is no way I can drink anymore! Haha:roofles: but day one down gotta stick at it!! Well done everyone! X

Fantastic ladies!!! Its such a wonderful diet once you get rolling. I had another good weigh in yesterday - another 3 pounds bite the dust!! It feels so good to be having nice, consistant good losses now.

The Spag Bo is a lifesaver for me.

Heres to a great week ahead for all of us! :)

Back