I cant do a 'normal' diet!!

hels123smiles

Silver Member
Before doing Cambridge a few years ago I had never really dieted. I lost a few stone, and never quite got to target, I was about 7lbs off. I got to 9st 7lbs, and my target was 9st. I now hover around 9st 12 - 10st 3lbs. I never feel comfortable and most of my clothes are that bit tight.

I have tried WW and also doing low carbs and lose about 5lbs but then I have a night out or I get a bit down and I end up 'off the wagon' and sometimes end up binging again, then its always starting again 'on Monday' I have done S+S quite a bit since 2010 and I love it. But again I cant quite get going again with it, even though Id only have a month to do.

What the heck is wrong with me? I know I don't have much to lose, probably about a stone at the minute, I need a kick up the back side!! I have resigned myself to a life of always having to struggle to keep my weight down! :rolleyes:

Tell me I'm not alone.

You are not alone in your battle to get to your ultimate goal.
Fact is it is quite normal for anybody's weight to fluctuate most days. If you want to lose those extra few pounds what about trying a low carb diet instead.
I had tried 1200 calories..then 1000 and even went to 800 a day without success but the low carb I found is very good. Sometimes wheat and/or processed foods are the culprit for stopping weight loss.

Hope you soon find a solution to your problem but in the meantime do try to stop fretting about it as that doesn't help matters either.
All the best to you.

Thanks hun,

Daft thing is, I know low cal, low carb works for me, but I think it is my head that is the problem!! I am a nurse and advise day in day out about diet, but cant put it in to practice!!!

Im useless!! I exercise quite a bit, and really enjoy it. if I could stop binging when Im stressed or upset and get more relaxed I may get some where!

Back