I cant get past day 3 without binging

What do you think would happen if you went cold turkey and didn't even have them in the house? If they're not there you can't eat them! If that's not an option your weekly syn treat box is worth a try.
Personally, if it was me and I was serious about losing weight I wouldn't buy the stuff in the first place knowing how likely I would be to scoff it! It does sound as though there may be other issues though, so maybe a trip to the gp is a good idea x

Beegee said:
What do you think would happen if you went cold turkey and didn't even have them in the house? If they're not there you can't eat them! If that's not an option your weekly syn treat box is worth a try.
Personally, if it was me and I was serious about losing weight I wouldn't buy the stuff in the first place knowing how likely I would be to scoff it! It does sound as though there may be other issues though, so maybe a trip to the gp is a good idea x

I used to secretly binge and purge when I was on weight watchers I developed an eating disorder since I switched to slimming world I have had to really be strict on what I buy I don't have treats other than alpen bars in the house if they are there I binge and fall back on old habits try taking the things that are tripping your healthy eating up out of the equation it works for a lot of people.
I'm so very proud of myself though I had a bit of a binge blip last week and didn't make myself sick such a big step for me

thanks for everyones comments. I have 2 children so theres always at least a biscuit in the house! my syn box is going well today, yesterday i had 2 mini packets of choc digestives and a bag of quavers and that ticked the box for me! always feel like ive achieved so much after only 1 day 100%. i know today will be easy but tomorrow (day 3!) is going to be tricky! i have class tonight so i hope the motivation i get from class (i leave feeling on top of the world) will help me.

I used to secretly binge and purge when I was on weight watchers I developed an eating disorder since I switched to slimming world I have had to really be strict on what I buy I don't have treats other than alpen bars in the house if they are there I binge and fall back on old habits try taking the things that are tripping your healthy eating up out of the equation it works for a lot of people.
I'm so very proud of myself though I had a bit of a binge blip last week and didn't make myself sick such a big step for me

you sound like you've come a long way, well done :) my other half has stopped buying multi packs of things and instead he only buy single sweets (our children get a treat after dinner once or twice a week) so theres no temptation. it's helping me alot and now theres no more multi packs of things allowed - that includes biscuits. however i have found before that i have been binging on white bread with jam so now i have no jam! im sad it has to be this way and i do want to learn to be in control around these foods, i just hope the longer i stay on plan the less i want to eat these foods. thanks for your reply, binging is such a horrible vicious circle to be in!

I can't seem to get motivated, I'm on plan for like 4 days then I crave everything, and sometimes I resist and go to bed but it catches up with me at some point and still end up binging. I don't even enjoy what I'm eating! I just shove it in and think what can I eat next, I used to have an eating disorder so it's come from this, I'm sorry to just spill my worries out but it's so nice to tell someone and that someone's going thru the same thing. I think I need help, it gets me down so much and I think about it all the time. If I'm slim In my mind that's happiness but of course thats not the case. I got to target but it's slowly slipping away from me :-( x

I hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread but I can really relate to you all. I have been a binge eater since I think I was about 13. I have struggled with my weight ever since and have been as small as 9 stone and as big as 14 stone 2lb. I have tried all sorts of diet s including WW , slimming pills, hypno band all to no avail. I have been on SW since Febuary and had been doing well up until a couple of weeks ago. Since then I feel Im cheating the scales. Firstly my weigh ins is on a Monday evening so this is the night I eat what I like. But now I im over eating I cant help it and I too feel Im losing it. My target which I was so convinced I could achieve feels so far away. Im dreading this weeks weigh in as I know I have gained. Today I have started with a really positive attitude and hope I can get back on track. For the past 3 weeks I have been taking a laxative on a Sunday as I know this helps for my Monday weigh in. I must conquer this as its an unhealthy way. Any ideas ?

shelley1 said:
I hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread but I can really relate to you all. I have been a binge eater since I think I was about 13. I have struggled with my weight ever since and have been as small as 9 stone and as big as 14 stone 2lb. I have tried all sorts of diet s including WW , slimming pills, hypno band all to no avail. I have been on SW since Febuary and had been doing well up until a couple of weeks ago. Since then I feel Im cheating the scales. Firstly my weigh ins is on a Monday evening so this is the night I eat what I like. But now I im over eating I cant help it and I too feel Im losing it. My target which I was so convinced I could achieve feels so far away. Im dreading this weeks weigh in as I know I have gained. Today I have started with a really positive attitude and hope I can get back on track. For the past 3 weeks I have been taking a laxative on a Sunday as I know this helps for my Monday weigh in. I must conquer this as its an unhealthy way. Any ideas ?

I can so relate, I can stick to a diet for a while then it slowly creeps away from me and I start losing control but convince myself that I am in control. I too used to take laxatives, I was taking triple what was recommended on a daily basis. I too feel that im cheating the scales, I weigh in on a Saturday morning and don't drink all night before but I've always done this. All I think about when on plan is when can I eat a load of bread. I dunno what to say to you, I dont know the answers myself but I just wanted to say you're not alone x

I can so relate, I can stick to a diet for a while then it slowly creeps away from me and I start losing control but convince myself that I am in control. I too used to take laxatives, I was taking triple what was recommended on a daily basis. I too feel that im cheating the scales, I weigh in on a Saturday morning and don't drink all night before but I've always done this. All I think about when on plan is when can I eat a load of bread. I dunno what to say to you, I dont know the answers myself but I just wanted to say you're not alone x
Thanks for replying, I will just keep at it and try my best . I have made a decision today just to do it day to day. I am gonna be 100% today .

shelley1 said:
Thanks for replying, I will just keep at it and try my best . I have made a decision today just to do it day to day. I am gonna be 100% today .

I have to be in the right frame of mind to do any diet if my mind and heart aren't in it there's no point as I know I will go off track have a few days off diet to reflect on why you are doing it and if you want to do it I have done a lot of diff diets and sometimes I've had to stop and think why am I doing this and do I want this because I've gone off track everyone's different some find other diets easier you gotta find one for you I'm glad I finally found sw

I understand how you feel. I have a binge eating history and I'm fine as long as I don't start. Once I've had something bad I spiral out of control. So I make sure I have survival sweet foods like alpen lights, hot chocolate, ff yogurts, frozen grapes (try them they are amazing).

Have you tried scan bran forerro rocher? There's loads of recipes on minimins. It uses nutella and scan bran and an option hazelnut hot choc sachet. They are very chocolatey but very filling because of the scan bran and even if you made and ate all 30 through the day it would only be 12 syns (14 if you use all of the options sachet at the end plus a Healthy Extra B), which binge wise is controlled.
(Blitz the scan bran in a blender. Melt three tbsp of nutella in themicrowave for 30 seconds, add some water from the kettle to the nutella and stir. Stir in the blended scan bran (5 blended) and make into small balls. Pop them in the fridge to chill. When chilled roll them in a hazelnut options sachet. And eat! If you could eat them over 2 or 3 days that would be a real mini vitory.

Good luck you can do this, you just need to find your way of surviving it.

I am in the same situation, I have been on so many diets and plans. I have a question. Do you think you can make yourself do it even if you are not ready? I am determined at the moment am starting class on Tuesday but what usually happens is I will be good for a couple of weeks and then I give up and I don't even know why. What happens to everyone weh this happens, do you just push through or usually give up?

I guess the answer is to push on through. I read somewhere once that it takes 6 weeks to change a habit, but it is hardest after 2 or three weeks. That is certainly how I have felt when trying to change my eating habits. I'm on week 4 and really trying to push on through. Yikes ;)

I really need to stick to it this time, I am worried about my health more than anything and I feel like I am falling into a deep hole and I won't be able to get out if I don't control it now. Maybe I should just set small goals for myself, like a month at a time. I know this has to be for life though so really need to stay focused once I have started.

Hi

I am a "compulsive binge eater". Have been most of my life. It's like a black dog sitting in the corner growling, and it could attack at any time. But at the moment I am managing to fight it off better than ever before. Here's what I did...

I kept a log of the days I was going off plan, worked out to around every 4 days. So my goal was to go 5 days without bingeing. Then 6, and so on. For me, it's an addiction and cold-turkey wasn't helping, so I weaned myself off slowly. I'm proud to say I have not had a binge for over 2 months. You can do it xxx

Ooh sounds very promising indeed, sometimes it feels like I am the only person in the world who is struggling but I guess we are all in it together and that I am not alone
:bighug:

i never expected so many responses - thank you all so much. I'm getting married in february and it feels like the biggest motivation ever. the binging has reached its worst point just now, yesterday i ate 2 full packets of rocky chocolate bar biscuits in one sitting (theres something like 12 in them) and today i ate half a packet of rich tea biscuits, half a packet of cream crackers and cereal bars. i think i could probably do with a trip to the dr's to talk about depression (i have suffered on and off for 10 years) because i just seem to be losing it completely! im not giving up on slimming world, i know i can do it, but every time i binge it makes me feel so bad i just do it all again. totally obsessed with food! a few things im thinking about doing is binning everything i binge on so that there is no temptation and also to look at my syns weekly instead of daily. i know slimming world advises you not to flexi syn (apparently this is a new thing) but i feel as if i look at it this way i may feel less restricted and then maybe i wont be as tempted? im thinking of filling a box with goodies that total to my weekly syn allowance and then if i need to have 2 chocolate bars a day or a handful of biscuits it wont be as bad. i feel like i need to hide from my own mind! sorry most of that ramble wasnt sw related but i am really touched by the responses. i wont give up! x

great i've found a kindred spirit that binges as bad as i do, i was following sw then switched to ww as couldn't keep to sw plan thought the change might do me good but realise there was nothing wrong with the plan just my head lol i did ok to start with but over easter went stupid and put loads of weight back on and have only had a few good days since then, i went away for on hol last week and it was like i had a licence to eat i was eating brekkie then going out and having fish & chips or pie & chips then had tea then would binge in the evening :eek: thurs night i had tin tomato soup and 2 rolls, banana, half a lemon meringue pie then a whole apple crumble and tin of custard i just could not stop myself trouble is once i start i can't stop, i think from now on i am not going to buy the food that i know will set me off :rolleyes: i love the kellogs fibre plus bars and find i can eat one of them without it setting me off on a binge so will stick to those, i have drawn a line under last week and am starting afresh am hoping i can keep in the right frame of mind, hope u can keep in right mindframe good luck xx

I'm so pleased that I have come across this thread and read about all your experiences - I could have written so many of these posts myself. How lovely to know that I'm not alone with my eating habits. I have lost almost 3 stone through a combination of following SW and WW (currently SW) but have had many, many moments of binging along the way. I have been know to stop off at McDs on the way home, order 2 large fries, cheeseburger, hide the wrappers under the front seat of the car and then go home and eat tea with my other half. I've bought family size ready to bake roast potatoes, pizzas, garlic bread etc on nights that my other half is working work and then hid the wrappers/packaging in the bin outside so that he won't know what I have eaten. I can no longer buy mulit packs of crisps because one bag is never enough for me - I HAVE to eat at least 3 in a row! It isn't an easy habit to break and I don't think it ever disappears - you just learn to control it as best you can. I restarted SW last week (weigh in tonight 2.5lbs gone!) and haven't binge ate in that time. I can't become complacent though as it is always lurking around the corner waiting for me. One meal at a time, day by day so is the only way that I cope.
Thank you formaking me realise I'm not alone :)
x

Back