I can't join you back on the Dukan train :-(

AnnTeak

After my posts earlier this year and saying I was going to start again after Easter, and doing Dukan with IBS I really haven't been very well and it turns out that a major trigger for me was wheat/gluten. So with that revelation it seems that I cannot restart Dukan with the daily wheatbran :(

However the upside to being so poorly and really not being able to eat I am only a couple of lb's over my TW. There is so much I have learned from doing Dukan though I will try and carry on with lots of the ideas and meals, and pop in from time to time to see how you guys are doing. Thank you all for your support along the way, I don't think without the Dukan diet I would be the weight and size I am now so I am really glad I tried it and had your support and it really does work xx

You have to look after your health first, i hope you manage to keep your weight off, take care x

I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell. I understand perfectly why you wouldn't want to risk the daily (oat!)bran with Dukan - although many people with IBS do very well on Dukan without having it actually, but you can still join in and chat if you like. I've not been on Dukan for quite a while and some of the other girls are doing other things too, just that we prefer to hang out in this section where we know everyone!

It's entirely up to you of course!

Good luck with stabilising
x

Great news about your weight, but sorry you've been so poorly. IBS is big problem with a lot of people? it often makes me wonder whether its a new thing ie.,additive etc or whether its something people in the past just had to suffer in silence. Good luck and keep posting, it will keep you new weight on track Anne xxx

What a shame, though I don't have the oat or wheat bran as I can't get on with it. I still lost weight and have kept it off. I really have no need for the fibre! ;-)

Bad luck, i think gluten intolerance is actually quite common but mostly unrecognised. The major culprit is wheat, but the proteins in rye and barley can also cause problems. Oats intolerance is less usual, particularly if you are just having small quantities of the bran as per Dukan but best not to argue with your body! My main problem is with wheat, I'm more or less ok with oats and the rest, including spelt, although I now don't risk eating much of any. I'm told that rice and corn don't have the same protein structure, so it may be possible for you to experiment with those to find something that works for you.

Good luck!

Back