I cheated :(

Dolls&Pins

I feel awful about myself, as some of you know I had a date yesterday and all week I was promising my self I would not drink when I go on it. First thing I did was order a glass of red wine, and another, and another I think I had about 4 in total :mad: and to top it all off when I came home I ate a sandwich and a piece of chocolate. I feel so ashamed of myself :( And I am in that frame of mind now where I feel like saying okay I cheated yesterday why shouldn't I cheat today which I need to get out of.

Draw a line and continue hun. Don't let it turn into an excuse to binge today

We've all fallen off the wagon, its the getting back on that's key

What day are you on hun?? It will get easier

Xx

Draw a line and continue hun. Don't let it turn into an excuse to binge today

We've all fallen off the wagon, its the getting back on that's key

What day are you on hun?? It will get easier

Xx

Thanks for your reply :) I am day 14 and I pushed through and had a caramel shake I will continue, I also went on the scales worried about how much weight I had gained and it was a pound and half, thank god lol

Don't worry - just get back to it today. The next day after a 'night off' is by far the worst, after that, you're back in the zone. :)

I went out for Valentine's Day evening meal - but I knew it was going to be a night off anyway (pre-planning is important!) - had some wine / food / whatever - Friday wasn't very pleasant, but stuck to plan 100%. Today I feel fine again, no thoughts of the bad or wanting anything else but my packs. Drink plenty of hot drinks and flush the system with water. Just get through today.
x

The best analogy I've read about a "cheat" and our attitudes to the guilt - if you slip down a stair would you then throw yourself down the entire flight? It's just a small slip and it happens to us all. Get back to it and it will have the minimal impact. I for one had a brilliant week last week, dropped 6lb in 5 days and then went away for a few days - all the best intentions of staying on plan, packed enough shakes and bars to see me through, took a funnel to get the shake mix into a water bottle for convenience on the go - but really didn't think through the practical implications of a city break, and it all went a bit wrong. I ended up having a few meals off plan and coming out of ketosis, the end result of which is a 4lb gain over the 3 days I was away. But it is what it is, I'm back on it today - suffering with the hideous trapped wind that I always get to start with that tries to convince me I'm having a heart attack, feeling dizzy and a bit sick, but it'll all be right again in a few days.

I do believe if it's taken your life so far to get to where you are, then it's going to take a good long while to relearn your reactions to situations where you would previously cope with food and drink. It's all a learning process that will get us to where we need to be :)

Back