I cried in public..again!

Thanks again everyone. :D

Here I am a day later and yes I am a size 14, it has sunk in although I am amazed! :rolleyes:

I really recommend a shopping trip like mine to get to grips with your new size because my head just couldn't keep up with such dramatic results in such a short time. Make sure you leave all credit cards at home though because in another month the clothes won't fit ;)

I now look at all my fatty bits knowing I have work to do to lose the last bit and tone what's left but I'm no different size wise to majority of women. :)

The one thing that I now have to worry about is that I don't listen to the 'you don't need to lose anymore' comments and remember that being over weight is not what I want even if it is the norm in this country. I want to be slim and healthy.

The trouble I am finding now is that I am getting to be a similar size to everyone else and so if you say you need to lose more then you are in a roundabout manner calling these people fat :eek:

I need to find a diplomatic way to deal with this and also to keep my mind focused on the work still left to do rather than just settling for being like everyone else. :(

HELP! :confused:

Ooh tricky one - I would say that I want to be in my healthy BMI range - which is the most diplomatic way I can think of right now lol.

It's weird isn't it as it's not something I'd thought of as potentially being a problem before. Oh well, we live and learn :)

Chicken, really well done and can I also say Thanks?

Thanks to you and reading this earlier today spurred me on to stick to day one - yet again!

Brightness that's the best news I have heard yet :D

One day at a time eh? Make this a real learning experience about yourself so you come out the other side stronger as well as healthier and you be working towards 2 very important goals :)

The trouble I am finding now is that I am getting to be a similar size to everyone else and so if you say you need to lose more then you are in a roundabout manner calling these people fat

Gosh chicken, that's exactly where I am at the moment :eek: been getting quite strange looks when I say I'm still losing weight. My answer is to do exactly what isobel suggests and say I'm aiming for my healthy BMI range and will then be starting maintenance - that seems to get round it beautifully :)

It is GREAT though isn't it finally being a 'normal' size and not standing out for all the wrong reasons

Hi Chicken

What a lovely post! I had a great shopping trip last weekend with my best friend. We were looking for a wedding dress for her and a bridesmaid dress for me. Looking in Monsoon and found her dress but no bridesmaid dresses yet as the sale means the new stock is not out yet :( . I have always wanted a Monsoon dress so I'll be in heaven when I get one.

But (yes there is a point to my post!) we also looked for some new clothes for me. I decided I wanted a dress and a skirt (people don't actually believe I have legs). We went into Debenhams and I found a lovely dress in J by Jasper Conran which I took into the changing room in a size 14 and a 12. I was expecting the 14 to be OK, designer label and all that, BUT the 12 was perfect! And the thing is I actually looked good in it! Now that is something I wouldn't have said out loud before, but I did look fine! Like you, I almost cried. It was an emotional moment. In the end I came home with the dress, 2 size 12 skirts - 1 from Principles and 1 from Warehouse (a mini that I'm a bit scared of!) and 2 size 12 tops from Per Una. Now that's a great shopping trip! I'm letting my weight stabilise and then we are going to hit the shops again for a new wardrobe. I cannot wait!

Isn't is funny how the small things that "normal" girls take for granted mean so much to us.

So well done Chicken and good luck with the rest of your journey!

Thanks everyone for posting. This thread has been a real steep learning curve for me :)

I find it absolutely amazing that still losing to try and get to the perfect size rather than just making do with being average size 16 seems to bring up similar problem for so many people.

What really amazes me is that I thought that I was quite a sensitive person (yes I have been know to cry at Neighbours!) but most of the highs and lows of doing a VLCD quite simply never occured to me :eek:

All I can say is that this makes me even more grateful for this forum.

I can now empathise with the situations I place my friends and family in when they have to try make the right noises to my diatribes about the diet :rolleyes: I will TRY not to get upset if someone inadvertantly says the wrong thing because they will probably be doing their best :)

Back