I did the Race for Life Yesterday

Gunna-make-it

my goodness - how hard was that!
It is my 5th year taking part but this year I felt as though I had less energy as I have been on LT but I still pushed on and completed it in 45mins (my best time has been 38 mins when I was at goal in 2005) I was pleased with the time as I was on Day 3 of Refeed and didnt have the energy to do that much training.
It is such a great thing to do and gives you such a buzz and hey - 5k (which I believe is just over 3 miles) should have burned off some calories too.
Anyone still thinking about taking part - go for it xxx

Well done hun - a great achievement!

x

Well done! I've wanted to do it for years but have been worried about bad health due to being overweight. Next year is my year :)

My girls have always wanted to do the race but I have always resisted their pleas coz of my weight - but next year we will do it together!!!

x

well done hun, i did it a few years ago in mem, of my mum.... i never ran lol just walked fast :D

but yes i think all should try it, is fun day out with close friends and wheres it say u have to run, lots of people walk,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe next time i try run lol

my goodness - how hard was that!
It is my 5th year taking part but this year I felt as though I had less energy as I have been on LT but I still pushed on and completed it in 45mins (my best time has been 38 mins when I was at goal in 2005) I was pleased with the time as I was on Day 3 of Refeed and didnt have the energy to do that much training.
It is such a great thing to do and gives you such a buzz and hey - 5k (which I believe is just over 3 miles) should have burned off some calories too.
Anyone still thinking about taking part - go for it xxx
WWell done huni... i did it in June and felt fab (1 st time for me) Was very emotional at the start line and all those names on peoples back is just scary!! but a real motivator!!!

fantastic hun, well done.

i did out local one again this year. did it last year and walked round most of it, running the last bit..this year i trained for it and ran it all, including all the hills and finished it in 34 mins so i was very pleased for myself. i did it with the thought of my mum in my mind, who died of breast cancer in 1990...it helped me get through xx

h xx

Back