• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I did the Race for Life Yesterday

S: 14st0lb C: 14st0lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 34.7 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
my goodness - how hard was that!
It is my 5th year taking part but this year I felt as though I had less energy as I have been on LT but I still pushed on and completed it in 45mins (my best time has been 38 mins when I was at goal in 2005) I was pleased with the time as I was on Day 3 of Refeed and didnt have the energy to do that much training.
It is such a great thing to do and gives you such a buzz and hey - 5k (which I believe is just over 3 miles) should have burned off some calories too.
Anyone still thinking about taking part - go for it xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 18st9lb G: 9st0lb
Well done hun - a great achievement!

x

rainbow brite

~Starsprinkled~
S: 15st1lb C: 12st6.6lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 30 Loss: 2st8.4lb(17.25%)
Well done! I've wanted to do it for years but have been worried about bad health due to being overweight. Next year is my year :)

S: 18st9lb G: 9st0lb
My girls have always wanted to do the race but I have always resisted their pleas coz of my weight - but next year we will do it together!!!

x

Sheep

on the up lol
well done hun, i did it a few years ago in mem, of my mum.... i never ran lol just walked fast :D

but yes i think all should try it, is fun day out with close friends and wheres it say u have to run, lots of people walk,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe next time i try run lol

nictastic

Says it as it is!!!
C: 8st11lb G: 8st11lb
my goodness - how hard was that!
It is my 5th year taking part but this year I felt as though I had less energy as I have been on LT but I still pushed on and completed it in 45mins (my best time has been 38 mins when I was at goal in 2005) I was pleased with the time as I was on Day 3 of Refeed and didnt have the energy to do that much training.
It is such a great thing to do and gives you such a buzz and hey - 5k (which I believe is just over 3 miles) should have burned off some calories too.
Anyone still thinking about taking part - go for it xxx
WWell done huni... i did it in June and felt fab (1 st time for me) Was very emotional at the start line and all those names on peoples back is just scary!! but a real motivator!!!

harriet2

serial poster
G: 68kg
fantastic hun, well done.

i did out local one again this year. did it last year and walked round most of it, running the last bit..this year i trained for it and ran it all, including all the hills and finished it in 34 mins so i was very pleased for myself. i did it with the thought of my mum in my mind, who died of breast cancer in 1990...it helped me get through xx

h xx