I don't get it...

Lynne_K

I'm tucking into a bowl of Marshall's Cheesy Macaroni just now (the blue box), which is syn-free on EE, and having read the nutritional values on the back of the box I just don't get how I can eat this and still lose weight? It's the best part of 1000 kcals per serving!

Little help, anyone? x

Don't know the answer to your question, sorry, and never heard of that stuff either, but now I know how tasty and full of calories it is, and that it's syn free, I'm sure gonna be looking it up lol

I've heard of it but I've never looked to buy it. Is it 1000 calories for the whole box? Is it a big portion?
many here would say that SW isn't based on counting calories, but IMO calories do matter because all weight loss depends on calories in v calories out.
Knowing the calories in the Marshals stuff I would be inclined to give it a wide berth, before it gave me one.
This is just a personal opinion though.

I've heard of it but I've never looked to buy it. Is it 1000 calories for the whole box? Is it a big portion?
many here would say that SW isn't based on counting calories, but IMO calories do matter because all weight loss depends on calories in v calories out.
Knowing the calories in the Marshals stuff I would be inclined to give it a wide berth, before it gave me one.
This is just a personal opinion though.

It's 190g of dry macaroni and powdered cheese sauce. It makes a decent bowlful and it actually tastes pretty good (not as good as the real thing, obviously!).

Nutritional values are as follows (per pack):

Energy = 960 kcal
Protein = 30.2g
Carbs = 127.4g
of which sugars = 22.6g
Fat = 36.6g
of which saturates = 22.4g
Fibre = 7.7g
Sodium = 1g

To me, and I am a newbie, that sounds fattening!

According to the Marshalls website, the cheesey macaroni is 165 calories per 100g cooked.

What do you have to add to the packet to make it?

According to the Marshalls website, the cheesey macaroni is 165 calories per 100g cooked.

What do you have to add to the packet to make it?

6 tablespoons of milk (I just used from my Hex A) and they recommend butter, but I just used a couple of skooshes of Fry Light Buttery :)

Could the nutritional values be based on if it's made as per instructions (i.e: with full fat milk/cream and butter)?

I also wonder that sometimes.. how can we eat unlimited amount of pasta? a ff muller is about 100kcals and not synned..while extra light mayo, 12 kcals per tbsp is synned..
but i'm just putting (blind faith) in it.. lost some weight first week, so im starting to believe in it more..

Could the nutritional values be based on if it's made as per instructions (i.e: with full fat milk/cream and butter)?

I also wonder that sometimes.. how can we eat unlimited amount of pasta? a ff muller is about 100kcals and not synned..while extra light mayo, 12 kcals per tbsp is synned..
but i'm just putting (blind faith) in it.. lost some weight first week, so im starting to believe in it more..

Yeah I don't pretend to know the 'science bit' (sorry for the cliche') but I'd like to know more about how it works. I believe it's a bit of a closely guarded secret though.

I've seen several friends lose a LOT of weight on SW, in a relatively short space of time too. I'm losing weight so am also putting my blind faith in the plan :)

totally free? that could be an amazing snack for break time at work...

If you're a SW member, go on the website and look at the menu for the Eat and Slim section. There's an explanation of how the plan works - I think its called Food Optimising - the science part (or something like that!). Hope that helps! xxxx

remember to have 1/3 plate of super free food with it, maybe sw think with a 1/3 plate of veg you wont eat the whole pack! little do they know how far we take their plan! lol

mmm must look it up! any other free packaged food?

The amount of milk and butter you add isnt that much, it wouldnt make a huge amount calorie wise to be honest.

It sounds lovely. Where can you buy it? I've never noticed it in Tesco.

Its gorgeous. I ate loads of it when I was on SW. My favourite was to flake a small tin of tuna through it and grate on some cheese. Tesco, Asda and Morrisons all have it :)

This can be a 'problem' with SW is to look at the calories in things. Your best bet is to trust the plan. All eating plans work because they cause a calorie deficit; Slimming World has a tried and tested plan that they've been using for 40 years! I know it's hard to get your heard round at first, but trust the big wigs and you will succeed :D

Natt xxx

I'm not sure where you get the 1000 calories from:
Nutritional information (per 100g cooked)
nutritional_info_cm.gif

% of an adult's guideline daily amount
Does it weigh over 500gms when cooked?

remember to have 1/3 plate of super free food with it, maybe sw think with a 1/3 plate of veg you wont eat the whole pack! little do they know how far we take their plan! lol

mmm must look it up! any other free packaged food?

But if its syn free on EE then it must be syn free on green too ........ so you wouldn't have to have 1/3 plate of veg if you had it on green, yet it would still be free ..... and you'd prob eat the whole pack! (well I would!)! lol

Wooohoooo!

I'm definitely having a look for that next time I'm shopping!

I always have a couple of boxes in as its a great standby very filling (well i eat the whole pack ) asda always seem to have in stock but morrisions it seems to come and go its about 85p a box

Back