I dont know what to think

Rendaridra

After reading about the amazing weight loss in attack phase I suppose I was over enthusiastic in my belief that it would be so for me. I am on day 2 and not lost anything. I have just come from a vlcd so my metabolism is messed up. However, I have tried to eat when im hungry and stop when i've had enough but today i got so hungry that I nearly fainted so I upped the quantities of the food I am eating. However, given that i feel absolutely stuffed and that the scales aren't moving, how can I hope to successfully lose weight when i either am fainting with hunger or stuffed I cannot move.

Today I had two hard boiled eggs for breakfast at 7 am by 11 I was ravenous so much so that before I could have a snack i came over all dizzy. I had 5 crab sticks, a tub of cottage cheese and some yoghurt then, all with in my allowances. Then this afternoon I made a load of meatballs so that I had something to eat so i wouldn't get so hungry, however, they filled me up and I was full up for the majority of the evening. I have just had a load of quorn for dinner because I could feel hunger coming on. But how can I lose weight with this volume of food? Have I totally messed up my system and am I one of the strange people who can't lose weight on this diet? i have 1.7 stone to lose. And tomorrow is my last day of attack phase of 3 days as per advised on the website. Is it normal not to lose anything during the attack phase? Will this mean that I wont lose anything any other time?

Last edited:
Ren you haven't mentioned the oatbran, are you having your allowance?

Keep at it, it may take a few days for your body to adjust I know what you mean about the amount of food but it does work. If you don't eat enough your body goes in to starvation mode and stores the little it does get and so you won't lose weight. I don't know the science of it but it really does happen. My breakfast is oatbran porridge and a put of ff yoghurt with a coffee. Nice and filling. Look up recipes for the meats we can have to make it interesting.

I started the oat bran today as I had to order it over the internet.

Hi Ren

Don't be afraid to eat on Dukan - if you are hungry, eat.

'Clean' protein is your friend - eggs, chicken, fish. Cook it yourself at home, so you know there are no added 'nasties'.

Enjoy :D

P x

The weight loss in attack is primarily just water weight from cutting carbs, that's all. You say you were on a vlcd diet before, if this was low carb then you won't have any water weight to lose. I only did a two day attack, and had low expectations as I have been a very low carb eater for over a year now. The real weight lose happens in cruise. You can google for more technical details on low carb diets.....after a night shift I'm way too tired for a coherent explanation!!

I'm hungry too on Pure Protein days!
This will change a bit when you will add vegetables!
The diet is working, don't worry!
Pure proteins will never make you fat... just the opposite :)

Also I'm not sure what 'allowances' you're talking about. Only the oat bran has an allowance on attack phase and you should really eat tons of protein. Dairy is then limited to 1kg but only starting with cruise phase. I'd be starving too if I only had 2 hard boiled eggs for brekkie and then nothing til noon :) It really does work but I'm a big advocate of keeping off the scales - weigh yourself once a week only so you won't freak out so much, our weight fluctuates very much and personally daily weighings would have me in a proper state ARGH :)Don't give up yet, you'll see the plan does work

I have been a bit on and off of the dukan.....basically typical life,kids, holidays etc....but every time I have got back on it with loses....this time in attack I only lost 2lb, I was really upset etc, and thought stuff it, I will eat crap...but I didnt , I just ignored it and carried on with my pv and pp days, and on my second day into cruise, 5lb had gone!

So, be patient, dont weigh all the time....(so hard I know!), it will work, and sure your body is a little cuffuddled with all the low calorie/no carbs/now veg etc etc....so give it time to ajust and I am sure it will work....xxxxx

Thank you for your replies. I shall stick with it and cut out the weighing. I shall weigh only tomorrow, my first day of cruise and then leave it for once a week. As for allowances, I was talking about non fat dairy. I was limiting it to 1 ltre a day.

Dairy not limited in attack but it is from now on in the cruise phase.
other allowances are 2tbsp Oatbran and 1tbsp wheatbran (i use half for porridge and half for bread or muffins)

Keep going and give it at least a month. If you still don't lose then at least you tried it. Not every diet is for everyone

Back