I don't understand why...

KT B

I have gained weight!! It's still mid week and I don't officially weigh in until Sunday but I sneaked a quick WI in today and saw that I'd gone up by 2.25lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on week 3 and am now VERY downhearted. Can anyone suggest why this has happened?

PS I've been TS all the way!

KT ?

I am sorry - this is more demotivating than anything BUT its just not true! It can be fluid, bowels, time of the day, TOTM - faulty scales - body holding on to water.
Its very off putting - just don't weigh - it destroys will power. Measure your body - it changes faster, ignore it - it all works out.
I weigh about once a month.

You will lose weight on this - sometimes the scales dont tell the truth straight away. Ignore the scales, hide them, bin them and be patient. It will work.
GSQ

I am sorry - this is more demotivating than anything BUT its just not true! It can be fluid, bowels, time of the day, TOTM - faulty scales - body holding on to water.
Its very off putting - just don't weigh - it destroys will power. Measure your body - it changes faster, ignore it - it all works out.
I weigh about once a month.

You will lose weight on this - sometimes the scales dont tell the truth straight away. Ignore the scales, hide them, bin them and be patient. It will work.
GSQ

very true , ive been there myself i weighed mid week and gained but buy weigh day i was down 4lbs

Weight is not a good measurement of fat, although it is a convenient one. The problem is it's too convenient. I find it hard to avoid weighing every day, but most people weigh weekly and many people believe that monthly weighing is the way to go. I am going to wean myself off weighing daily so maybe we could help each other with that? I know from all the advice on here weighing more often is just not healthy! Take care and keep going - you will get there.

Know how you feel, I've been 100% TS and have stayed the same since Saturday.:sigh:
I had set myself some mini goals and one of them was to lose 21lbs before tomorrow; exam results day as i'm in work for first time since started exante, so unless i lose 2lb overnight i'll miss that mini goal.:mad:
My next mini goal was to be under 12 stone before term starts (5th Sept) but don't think i make that now, but you never know. :rolleyes:
Onwards and downwards.:)

There is a very good thread in the exante forum - try reading that too - weighing is just a pain.

Stay off the scales and wait for the whoosh! lol so interesting and worth a read

GSQ

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna stay away from the scales till Sunday and see if anything shifts. :)

It's probably water. Every litre of water weighs 1 kg! That's what- 2.2lbs?? If you're drinking up to 4 of these a day (and peeing it out after a delay obvs) then it's gonna show up in your weight.

An old lady at Sw once sang to me 'A pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter'. lol :)

if you've stuck to TS, it is IMPOSSIBLE to gain weight on a VLCD .... as stated above various factors need to be considered in daily weight fluctuation. Best thing ... weigh weekly, and take measurements regularly as your body changes.

Good luck, onwards and downwards :)

Back