I dont want to be a "big girl"......they do cry!

Emmamme1979

OK well here I am, day 8 of my weightloss journey. My first week has been not the greatest, and I have felt rubbish but I have kept going as I am so sick of being big.

My first week I have lost 11lbs which is fantastic. I'm not delusional to believe that this will happen every week but it is a good start and puts me back to where I was a couple of months ago.

This time I know I have a lot of work to do. Not just losing the weight but also getting my head straight. My whole family have issues when it comes to weight. I recall at the age of 8 when I was a little big but mostly taller than all the other kids, I came home from school in tears and told my mum that the other kids had been calling me fat. Her response was "well lose weight then". Not the best parenting, but that is another story. One thing I did learn from her though is in every situation with my own kids think what would she have done.....then do the opposite!

I want to be in the family pictures with my kids and I want to feel good about myself, maybe for the first time ever BUT now it the time to deal with all of this and come out a better person.

So here starts my journey and this time I refuse to fail.

Em x

Today is a good day and im feeling good about things.

Im just so impatient, wishing today was 4 weeks from now and I was a lesser me!

Havent eaten my bar yet so looking forward to that tonight while I do the ironing! Oh its the simple things..... ;)

Chin up hun time flies and before you know it you will be on your way to your goal! 11lb is fantastic just keep it steady and you will be even more gorgeous in no time :D xxx

Good luck :) x

Hi Em
Well done on your fab first week :)

Don't dwell on the past now, it's time look forward and think about the weight that you will be tomorrow, next week, next month - less all the time too.
It's your time and you can do it.
I also am a lifetime dieter - gaining & losing gaining & losing - but like you I feel now is the time i've GOT to do it. I won't let those people in my past affect the rest of my life - they've taken too much of it already and i've got one thing to say to them... :kissass: and it's soon gonna be a lovely skinny one

Have a great week
Kaz x

Thanks for your kind words Kaz, I'm moving forward!

Day 10.

Today has been a good day. Just had my meal for the day and once the kids are in bed I'm going to eat my yummy bar. Yay

I'm trying to weigh myself once a week but had a sneaky weigh in this morn and I'm another lb down which is fab.

Going to try and do an exercise DVD tomorrow so fingers crossed that should help too.

Grumpy! I was silly and got on the scales, only a 1 lb loss. Oh how I could just pig out on junk tonight.

I haven't as I NEED to stick to this. I am however spending my evening sulking.

I have a party to do tomorrow and I really don't want to.

Think I'll go to bed and hope tomorrow is a better day x

I am terrible for scale peeking too...I must go on there about four times a day!! lol eeek

You can do it hun, snooze and tommorow will be easier, gets a little bit easier each day xxx

Hiya Emma ... can I just say well done for your first WI :) great start to the diet! Also measurements ;) its kept me going when the scales have stayed static or not gone down as much as I'd hoped! Also chromium tablets have been my godsend on this diet ...really has helped me stave off the cravings and also my bottle of water :D that's been the key to keeping on track.

Come on you can do this honey :D x x x

Weigh in tomorrow ?I'm not looking forward to it as don't think I will have lost much.

I have stuck to it but just feel I haven't lost much (especially after weighing myself the other day).

I'm ready to feel disappointed!

I have another 3 weeks left and after that will think about whether this is actually working and if I should continue.

I so want a cheeseburger!

E x

Second week can often bring about small, even no losses as your body is adjusting to the new diet and large amount of weight lost in the first week. After that though, things pick back up again - so don't fret and keep strong!

I know how disappointing it can be with small losses. They do slow in week 2 and 3 but keep going with it as they all add up to a stone very quickly ;)

Don't give up as that's what gotten us to the point of needing these diets. It didn't suddenly appear over night so it will take some time to shift it but if you keep going you will be rewarded :D just look at my diary for proof of that honey x x x

Thanks to you both for your words of encouragement!

Day 15 -I weighed in this morning and have lost 3lbs which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. So onwards I go.

Looking forward to my spicy spaghetti for lunch!

E x

Day 16

I feel rubbish today. Had a school outing and took the girls NEVER AGAIN. My youngest climbed a fence and landed on the other side face first!

Everyone was eating sandwiches, omg how I could eat a piece of bread, no scrap that, a loaf of bread!

I took my bar with me which I'm really annoyed about as I could really eat one now :(

I've stuck with it, fingers crossed for a good result on Monday! Xx

Honey if ur going out why not take a salad to have and some tuna to go on top :) that's within our allowances and won't affect your losses. I had a nicois salad out the other evening and still managed to lose.

Keep strong honey x x x

Trueleame said:
Honey if ur going out why not take a salad to have and some tuna to go on top :) that's within our allowances and won't affect your losses. I had a nicois salad out the other evening and still managed to lose.

Keep strong honey x x x

You're absolutely right, I just didn't have time to sort it. This week is a horrible week and I can't wait for it to be over!

That's been key for me....planning what I will have. That way I can't get caught out...as I know that's when I have issues :( but if I plan going out or going to friends parties I can avoid temptation and get to goal :D x x x

Back