I dread weekends!!!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by CuddlePaws, 25 November 2008 Social URL.

1. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I don't know about you guys but dieting over a weekend is just plain dull as dull can be! For instance, hubby and I LOVE to eat out on the weekends and we also like to curl up on the sofa with lots of nibbles to watch a movie or our favourite prog on TV. (Munching on a few rice cakes doesn't quite cut it!)

Sigh........ yeah I know that its just as essential to watch what you eat over the weekend but I think I'm gonna have to change my lifestyle to accomodate the lack of food lol. Maybe if I go out more or take up a sport (famous last words!) it won't seem so bad :cry:

Do any of you guys feel that the weekends are long and difficult without comfort food?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Absolutely agree - weekends are horrendous for me. It's almost enough to make me enjoy going to work :D

4. xowee-shortieox

xowee-shortieox Slowly Shrinking. Yay!!

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    105kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    6kg(5.39%)
    Diet:
    Not Following One
    Weekends are hard for me to, so i try and stay out of the house and not take any money out with me

5. purpleprincess71

purpleprincess71 Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I find weekends are hard because I spend all of it with my boyfriend, and us two just love eating junk food together, bad I know!

Other than that i find it like most other days, I dont have a job right now so when I'm not job hunting I have nothing to do but think about food :( x

6. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    weekend = takeaways and alcohol :party0016:

well they do for me anyway! i am super good during the week, to make up for the few blips i know i will have, and have 3 classes on a sunday morning, from 10am so know i cant drink the night before or i wont make them:giveup:

so that only leaves friday night :D and my OH is a feeder! :break_diet:

7. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Weekends are either really good, or really bad for me.
    On a good weekend, I go horseriding and iceskating.
    On a bad, I go out with friends and eat waaay too much junk, then see my dad on Sunday and do the same. ¬_¬

8. 2.b.a.n.d.s.l.i.z

2.b.a.n.d.s.l.i.z twin banded

Diet:
    lap band twice
    week ends is my blow out time so i try to comprimise and instead of having a take away i perpare a low fat curry and have that instead, and then i can heat it up later if i want it.

Liz xxx

9. everhopefull

everhopefull Going to be a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(9.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I hate the weekend as well I always seem to eat crap them but im going to do realy well this weekend if its the last thing I do lol

10. CuddlePaws

CuddlePaws Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Sigh, the weekend is almost upon us girls. Let's unite in spirit lol... and punch through the next two days with courage and positivity and see how we go!! :) xx

11. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrmmmmmmm......does that count me if i have already ordered my takeaway lol :8855:

12. Melanie

Melanie Over half way to target

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh totty - enjoy that takeaway luvvie!

I love the weekend - I get to relax and do what I want and, as I do Slimming World, I actually like what I'm eating and can eat a fair old amount as well and still lose weight (no, I don't work for the company!!).

My only 'regret' about the weekend is that I like to have a glass of vino (or 3) and there ain't no diet I've yet discovered where this ok to the extent that I'd have it given the choice. Its like everything - ok in moderation, but if I look at it sensibly, it needs limiting anyway and not just for weight loss reasons!

And if your weekend activities revolve around food like mine used to, look for other stuff to do. Or adapt what you do. For example I'm taking my daughter to the pictures tomorrow. Normally this would involve lots of popcorn, munchies etc, but I've come round to the way of thinking that I'm going for the purpose of seeing a film, not stuffing my face!!!

Have a great weekend everyone - its not about food, honestly.
    X

13. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I spent yesterday and today at a friends. Junk food galore. x_x Hopefully I can make up for it tomorrow. :)

14. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

Diet:
    WW Discover Plan
    The worse thing about weekends for me is the lack of structure and the boredom.
    I work a 9-5 and so my weekdays are a blissful routine, then it gets to the weekend and I feel completely lost. I do not have the constant distraction of work and so end up eating out of boredom and frustration.
    Luckily I have a friend visiting this weekend, so I've been very good, but usually... I hate weekends!

15. okitr

okitr Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.06%)
    Diet:
    stop eating rubbish!!
    I dread weekend too, its just so much easier to nip out and eat what i know i shouldn't be eating, i guess at least when i'm at work during the week i don't have that same freedom. Maybe i should start doing overtime at the weekend??

16. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    The weekends are definately worse when trying to do 100% abstinance, and this weekend has been the hardest so far as I have the place to myself for the entire weekend, 2 whole days with no-one else to stop me should I wobble a little, or say "what are you doing?" if I look through the cupboards/fridge.

But, nearly there, only another 7hours or so to go, then early night, then back to work and the nicenest of a routine :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.