I feel a bit silly asking this but...

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by nataliemurie, 12 April 2014.

1. nataliemurie

nataliemurie Well-Known Member

I'm planning on making a pot of soup so I can take it to work for lunch. I work 3 days on 3 days off. So for example: if I make the pot of soup on Sunday, & I'm working Monday Tuesday Wednesday, will it last for those three days or will I have to freeze it?
  2. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

Hi Natalie
    I think it would depend on what you put in it! If you were going to use anything dairy id be wary but I made a soup from onions, leeks, carrots, mushrooms, peas, potato and garlic with veg stock and it lasted 4 days fine x
  3. nataliemurie

Thanks! Your soup sounds lovely I might try that! I probably wouldn't put any dairy in it anyway.
  4. jogirl

jogirl Well-Known Member

Yes, as long as it's just vegetables it should be fine in the fridge for four days. If you like it a bit thicker throw a handful of red lentils in there as well: as long as you simmer it for at least twenty minutes they will just melt and thicken it up nicely.
  5. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Well-Known Member

Careful with the lentils if you're doing an Original day, they'd have to be syn'd or used as HEB :)
  6. nataliemurie

I only do EE at the moment but I'm considering doing some red days as I've seen people say they have been more successful on them.
  7. jogirl

jogirl Well-Known Member

Oh yes, sorry - I only do green days (as I'm vegetarian) so I forget pulses aren't free on all the plans!
  8. Hippopotamum

Hippopotamum Well-Known Member

Anything with meat in I'd only give 3 days maximum, but veg will go into a 4th day.

We made a nice one this week with just 4 large leeks, 3 potatoes, 2 onions, 2 carrots, 2 jugs of boiling water and 2 stock cubes, boiled and simmered for 45mins then blended with a hand blender, it's lovely and it gets nicer every day.

A nice free 'red' soup is- bacon, 2 onions, 2-3 carrots, celery, 2 cartons of passata, veg stock cube and 2 jugs boiling water, boil then simmer for about an hour and blend. It's a lovely rich tomato soup.

Maybe do a couple of different pots of soup (the leek soup we made this week had 8 servings) and freeze them in freezer bags, so you'll have a few weeks worth. It'll give you a little variety and you won't have to do all green days just because you put potato and pearl barley in your soup. :) x
    Last edited: 12 April 2014
  9. nettybungles

nettybungles Well-Known Member

yeah 3 to 4 days max if refrigerated