I feel a bit silly asking this but...

nataliemurie

I'm planning on making a pot of soup so I can take it to work for lunch. I work 3 days on 3 days off. So for example: if I make the pot of soup on Sunday, & I'm working Monday Tuesday Wednesday, will it last for those three days or will I have to freeze it?

Yes, as long as it's just vegetables it should be fine in the fridge for four days. If you like it a bit thicker throw a handful of red lentils in there as well: as long as you simmer it for at least twenty minutes they will just melt and thicken it up nicely.

Yes, as long as it's just vegetables it should be fine in the fridge for four days. If you like it a bit thicker throw a handful of red lentils in there as well: as long as you simmer it for at least twenty minutes they will just melt and thicken it up nicely.

Careful with the lentils if you're doing an Original day, they'd have to be syn'd or used as HEB :)

I only do EE at the moment but I'm considering doing some red days as I've seen people say they have been more successful on them.

Careful with the lentils if you're doing an Original day, they'd have to be syn'd or used as HEB :)
Oh yes, sorry - I only do green days (as I'm vegetarian) so I forget pulses aren't free on all the plans!

Anything with meat in I'd only give 3 days maximum, but veg will go into a 4th day.

We made a nice one this week with just 4 large leeks, 3 potatoes, 2 onions, 2 carrots, 2 jugs of boiling water and 2 stock cubes, boiled and simmered for 45mins then blended with a hand blender, it's lovely and it gets nicer every day.

A nice free 'red' soup is- bacon, 2 onions, 2-3 carrots, celery, 2 cartons of passata, veg stock cube and 2 jugs boiling water, boil then simmer for about an hour and blend. It's a lovely rich tomato soup.

Maybe do a couple of different pots of soup (the leek soup we made this week had 8 servings) and freeze them in freezer bags, so you'll have a few weeks worth. It'll give you a little variety and you won't have to do all green days just because you put potato and pearl barley in your soup. :) x

Last edited:
yeah 3 to 4 days max if refrigerated

Back