I got called chubby today! What have you been called recently?

This, ladies, is why you will always find chloroform and a shovel about my person! :whoopass:

Miss Miffi, if anyone says that again I suggest you stab them in the eye with a pencil*. I guarantee it will never happen again!

*Don't really, but definitely flick them a finger or 2.

Oooh tempting! But seeing as it was a 9 year old girl, that might be frowned upon :p

The funny thing was, she clearly didn't mean it maliciously - it was an out-of-the-mouths-of-babes moment of stating the bald truth. I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse.

Had it been an obnoxious adult, like some other posters, I think a sharp pencil in the eye would definitely be in order!

I remember being pregnant with my youngest, and the first time I met my doctor in the maternity hospital, I was actually a few pound lighter than at the start of my pregnancy, so I was chuffed.
Until I met the doctor. The conversation went like this...

"You haven't put on any weight."
"I know" *grin* "I've lost weight."
"I'll be happy if you don't gain a pound during your entire pregnancy. You're big enough as it is."

My OH was there with me, and I just remember my face burning and being so, SO embarrassed. I broke down and cried on the street outside when we left.

When I was in Egypt a few years ago they refused to let me on the plane as they wanted my maternity documents as they thought I was too pregnant to fly. I had to explain to mine and their embarrassment that I was not nor had I ever been pregnant I was just fat. After coming home several times I have been asked when my baby was due. It's more embarrassing for them than me nowadays but still not nice. Let's hope this year when I'm on a beach in a bikini I at least look like I'm not pregnant. X

Some of these stories are shocking, I can't believe people can be so rude. I feel very fortunate because I have never been any more than the size I am now (14-16) but even at my current size I have still had my fair share of evil comments. Even when I used to weigh 10 stone and be a size 12-14, I remember a conversation with a friend that went like this....

Friend: "What are you wearing on Saturday?"
Me: "Not sure, might buy a new dress?"
Friend: "I have a gorgeous dress you can borrow if you want?"
Me: (Looking at my friends size 8 frame and feeling quite flattered she thought it would fit) "Thanks but I really don't think it will fit."
Friend: "Oh no don't worry it is one I bought when I used to be fat."

The same friend also did some naked life modelling once a week for extra cash. She also said to me once (again at a somewhat slim 10 stone) "You should come along and do some life modelling, they are always looking for bigger models as they are better to draw".

Needless to say, I don't see an awful lot of said friend anymore!!

Some of these stories are shocking, I can't believe people can be so rude. I feel very fortunate because I have never been any more than the size I am now (14-16) but even at my current size I have still had my fair share of evil comments. Even when I used to weigh 10 stone and be a size 12-14, I remember a conversation with a friend that went like this....

Friend: "What are you wearing on Saturday?"
Me: "Not sure, might buy a new dress?"
Friend: "I have a gorgeous dress you can borrow if you want?"
Me: (Looking at my friends size 8 frame and feeling quite flattered she thought it would fit) "Thanks but I really don't think it will fit."
Friend: "Oh no don't worry it is one I bought when I used to be fat."

The same friend also did some naked life modelling once a week for extra cash. She also said to me once (again at a somewhat slim 10 stone) "You should come along and do some life modelling, they are always looking for bigger models as they are better to draw".

Needless to say, I don't see an awful lot of said friend anymore!!

Ugh, how ridiculous! That's all the world needs: people thinking that a size 12-14 is "fat"... if so what hope is there for anyone?!!?

This reminds me of a time back before I'd put my excess weight on. At the time I still wasn't happy (typical) but I was around 10 stone and a size 12 and that's what I'm aiming for again now. Anyway, I was mainly friends with three girls then, two of them naturally very petite and small, and the other similar build to me but apparently was a size smaller (10). This is a bit random but if anyone remembers that song by the Gym Class Heroes, Cupid's Chokehold? One of the lyrics is "Of course she's a 10" - meaning ten out of ten - perfect. But my friend, the size 10, was saying how she thought he meant a size 10, which she thought was weird because why would a size 10 (she thought in America a size 10 was the equivalent of a 12 over here - so me basically) be the "perfect" size for a girlfriend. Wound me up sooooo much.

Also, my three year old niece told me quite simply: "You're fat, Ellie." quite out of the blue and for no reason shortly before I started slimming world. Obviously she didn't mean it nastily at all but I was terribly upset and it's what started me on this journey.

In a way I'm thankful to people that say stupid, thoughtless insults like this (not that I'm counting my niece in this!) because they probably don't realise that it just spurs us on! My attitude is ALWAYS that hey, I might be a little overweight, but I can and will lose the weight, whereas they will always be a nasty filthy scumbag. (again not including my niece in this!! haha)

Also, my three year old niece told me quite simply: "You're fat, Ellie."

"Yes, and you are able to be dangled from a third floor window by your ankles"

Haha, it'd be interesting to see the look on my brother's face when he comes back to see me merrily dangling his daughter from a window!

Oooh tempting! But seeing as it was a 9 year old girl, that might be frowned upon :p

The funny thing was, she clearly didn't mean it maliciously - it was an out-of-the-mouths-of-babes moment of stating the bald truth. I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse.

Had it been an obnoxious adult, like some other posters, I think a sharp pencil in the eye would definitely be in order!

Hahahahahaha I thought you were of college going age. No, don't do that if you are responsible for the class :rolleyes:

Haha, it'd be interesting to see the look on my brother's face when he comes back to see me merrily dangling his daughter from a window!

My brother would expect it of me and his children :rolleyes:

I love them but I do not let them off with anything!

I've been quite lucky I've only ever had two occasions when I've been called fat.

One was my also overweight mother who on new years eve when I was 18 and going out for the first time I asked her if I looked fat to which she replied of course you look fat your a size 18. She was also a size 18 I've tackled her about it when I was older and she said it was supposed to be "constructive" !

Also a man who I rebuffed on a night out who tried to kiss me didn't like it when I said no so he said I didn't want a fat ***** like you anyway to which I replied at least I can lose weight but your stuck with that face for life mate :D

I think I've never really been called fat because of my 38F's causing a distraction and a few men have commented that I have come to bed eyes and a wiggle in my walk that says come get me lol! And girls have always admired my confidence in my figure I've never been ashamed by my size I love being curvalicious I'm a true hour glass and my husband loves my body he hated that I was losing weight! If I hadn't had trouble conceiving I would have been very happy the way I was but I think now I've lost family to various illnesses for health reasons I'm happy to go down to 12 stone - as long as I keep my curves!

X x x

I've been called just about everything you can think of, by people I know and by random kiddies in the street. At this point I just give them the two finger salute and get on with my day! :p

Back