I had a horrid horrid weigh in tonight class issue not weight

soopermummy

:tear_drop:
I have been doing sw for about 16 weeks and since christmas started weighing in at a new class as the timing is better however like most of us with busy lives alot of time I weigh and go (leader I dont find inspiring anyway)

Tonight I wanted to be back early to put kids to bed so got to class early and there is a few people waiting 10 mins before class starts - fine I get in the queue

Woman at desk when 7pm comes round doesnt say anything or give us the nod to start but 2 women walk through the door and go immediately to the weigh in desk.
I think oh maybe they dont know there is a queue....They pay their money (lady on desk doesnt say anything) and I had to say something to them that we were all waiting in case they hadnt realised to which one of them snaps at me and says "well actually we stay to class and we are in a rush" so shocked me says "oh does that make a difference?" "to which she says "Yes actually it does"

So I called leader over and she brushed it off and I dont want to make a big song and dance but would have liked a little support leader hasnt a clue whats going on. Other ladies see it and support me a little as it made me really stressed being treated like some second class citizen that I dont usually stay to class so I am not entitled to take my place in teh queue.

I finally go to weigh in (actually forgotten what I am there for by this point as fuming) and I said to the lady who had just been weighed at this point "well thanks now I am really inspired to come and sit in class with your group, I feel really welcome" and her friend just shrugged it off saying she didnt mean it nastily

I turned to the woman behind sho said that the girl was a total b***h

How horrid I honestly felt like crying and although I spoke to the leader I didnt get any support from her at all

Surely I pay the same amount I and queue I must be entitled to same "rights" if you can call it that

Needless to say I will be finding another better organised group and more inspiring and supportive leader but I feel totally let down

By the way I lost a pound but it was totally lost on me because of the nasty treatment and I was prepared to stand up and say something

Can anyone give me any words of wisdom hubby is telling me not to bother going back at all full stop

I don't think leaving altogether is the answer. Why not try and speak to the regional Manager about the poor way in which this group is being run.
If you think it's not up to scratch i'll bet others feel the same!.... this is a big step in your life you have taken and you need all the support you can get!!

Hope you find a decent group soon and keep up the good work.. it will all be worth it in the end!!

How awful! How can she be in a rush if she is staying to class anyway?? Whether you stay to the class or not, you are paying the same money, its your choice whether to stay or not.
If any new member walked in at that point, it would be a bit off putting.
I hope you can find another group you can go to instead and not let this spoil your continued weight loss plans.
I agree with Hilly, it may be an idea to contact the regional manager if you can, after all you have tried with the consultant and got nowhere.
well done on your weight loss this week anyway!
Good luck finding another class x

Yeah I'm with Muffindoll - if they are staying for the duration of the class then how are they in a rush?

It's infuriating when people are so ill mannered, but honestly I don't think there is much you can do about this apart from taking your custom elsewhere and using a different class.

You could complain to SW themselves, but realistically the consultant will probably just say that she let it go because she didn't want a confrontation.

The lady who took their money was at fault, when they came up to her she should have said "Actually, that's the queue over there" and made them get in line.

Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do about this. You did all you could by flagging it up to the leader, but she doesn't seem to have cared :(

Thanks Guys your comments really help and I honestly feel that I get more support from here than class (even in my short time joining)
The girl who came in and jumped the queue was leaving and not staying to class so I was stumped at her reaction

Anyway I will get over it - I love the slimming world diet I just need to find a consultant who is supportive and helpful my friend already goes to one on a Tues night which she says is great its a bit further travel wise but maybe the push I need

I really appreciate your support - & I am NOT usually a confrontational person so unlike me to say boo to a goose normally!!

Well that has put my first weigh in into perspective and makes me think their attitude wasn't as bad as I though....maybe!
Just keep going soopermummy......when you have lost all you want you can tell them where to go:)

Thats terrible, cant believe how rude and nasty some people can be. Well done on losing a pound, hope you find a nice group with friendly supportive people xxx

sorry but what has staying to group got to do with anything?? That's SO bloody rude! however
I'd sit back, breathe, sleep on it and see how you feel in the morning. If you feel the same i'd def email their regional manager. and look into another group, would you consider emailing the consultant and tell her how upset you were? I would consider that too, see what she comes back with. Remember your there for yourself. It's your money and i'd be reluctant to pay someone just to stand on their scales every week!
sorry you've had such a crap night but great loss x

What happened with your first weigh in pink boots?

Got lambasted for not filling in food diary correctly. I did not omit anything I just put it in wrongly as I haven't got the hang of syn's yet.
Nobody told me we had to pay before weighing so when I did pay at the end,woman taking Money was rather rude: IE...No wonder you couldn't make the scale move!!!!
If anything would put me of SW is their attitude...aren't they supposed to help and support??

meant to add....I did text the leader and no reply 3 hours later....
oh well - I dont think the leader was interested and I am going to swap class and takes my business elsewhere if \I could find the regional manager details I am tempted to email whilst its fresh in my mind
Nothing like voting with your feet though to give them the message

meant to add....I did text the leader and no reply 3 hours later....
oh well - I dont think the leader was interested and I am going to swap class and takes my business elsewhere if \I could find the regional manager details I am tempted to email whilst its fresh in my mind
Nothing like voting with your feet though to give them the message

Personally I think you need to sleep on this and see how you feel in the morning.

Do you really want to get this consultant into trouble with her bosses just because she mishandled one incident? It wasn't her fault the woman was rude to you - if you ask any consultant you will probably find that every class has someone that they find difficult to deal with, and maybe she just did what she did to keep the peace. Maybe that was a bit cowardly, maybe she should have handled it differently, but I don't think it was a major crime!

PinkBoots said:
Got lambasted for not filling in food diary correctly. I did not omit anything I just put it in wrongly as I haven't got the hang of syn's yet.
Nobody told me we had to pay before weighing so when I did pay at the end,woman taking Money was rather rude: IE...No wonder you couldn't make the scale move!!!!
If anything would put me of SW is their attitude...aren't they supposed to help and support??

Hi soopermummy found your post!
Some people are just bloody awful! It's terrible that the consultant didn't take any action either. Maybe she didn't want a confrontation but there's no harm in gently reminding people if the rules and general good manners!
Don't give up going to classes Hun, find another one,and contact SW themselves and explain how the situation made you feel. SW is in the business of making people feel better not worse!

Pinkboots that's awful as well!!! Have you taken any action over it? I can't believe a consultant would make a comment about moving the scales! My first WI I didn't have a clue what I was doing lol and was the last one to WI while I sat watching everyone else, and I was getting all my foods mixed up in my diary but my consultant just gave me a gentle nudge. Well done you for going back after that experience!

Interesting thread I'm just in the process of becoming a consultant lots of training ahead :) can't believe some of the storys I read on here :( x

blimey what a horrible experience shame not all classes are nice and supportive

I'm sorry to hear you had a rotten time at class hun, they're not all like that - promise! It's a shame your C hasn't responded, most classes rely on word of mouth for numbers and I guess you're unlikely to recommend her to anyone you know now xxx

yes its such a shame but I'll get over it and continue along my weight loss journey - it wont get me down

Thanks
SM

Fantastic attitude! Come on here and let us know how you're doing, in my opinion MMs is the best class ever!!! xxx

Back