I hate the "dinners" help! :(

It just works out cheaper to buy the 149 pack thats the only reason I thought about doing that one, however it is a little over my budget...might have to get the fiancé drunk first. Xx

I took my exante budget out of the wedding fund - just do what i said and be like this is towards the wedding - dont you want the bride to look and feel more beautiful on her special day *add puppy dog eyes* and your on to a winner mwahaha

I took my exante budget out of the wedding fund - just do what i said and be like this is towards the wedding - dont you want the bride to look and feel more beautiful on her special day *add puppy dog eyes* and your on to a winner mwahaha

Oooohhhh devious chelly lol love the maniacal laugh. Unfortunately my dad is paying for the wedding so I can't take it out of the wedding fund. BUT we budget £75 a week for food/household so if I take £28 a week for me that leave loads for Chris and the house (cat, cleaning etc) I just need to make him see that, and ill use puppy dog eyes too ;) x

Lol Rachel, the Thai chicken is one of my favourites! Funny how it's so different for people.

Had the Thai chicken for breakfast this morning - Added Chilli flakes, salt, pepper and tiny amount of curry powder. Was OK - just think its wrong first thing in the morning.

Chocolate /porridge

Attachments

• 1369746430609.jpg
    1369746430609.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 58
It's a shame that they haven't got a truly mixed bumper pack, it'd be nice to get the porridge and carbonara with it too, particularly seeing as they both seem to be pretty much universally liked.

I have to admit, as creative as I am and as much as I have found a way of enjoying all of the products so far - I don't think there is any worldy substance that will make that tomato and basil soup taste good...

I have to admit, as creative as I am and as much as I have found a way of enjoying all of the products so far - I don't think there is any worldy substance that will make that tomato and basil soup taste good...
Likewise! Unfortunately, I am doomed to have that for my lunch today. I am going to try it with curry powder and fresh coriander. Wish me luck! :D

I am happy to report that the tomato & basil soup is greatly improved by the addition of curry powder and fresh coriander. I put a teaspoonful of Sharwood's medium curry powder in a large measuring jug, mixed in a splash of water then microwaved it to boil off some of the water and try to cook the spices a bit. Then I added the soup powder, whisking in boiling water, until it was the sort of consistency that I could bear to eat. Lastly, I added a spoonful of chopped fresh coriander, then heated the whole thing in the microwave to make sure that it was piping hot. One last whisk, then into a bowl. And it didn't taste anywhere near as bad as the other ways I have tried it. Still not brilliant but, overall, a relative success.

Well done bijou on your culinary genius lol..I must start taking down all these recipes. .but I forget which threads I read...lol

I think I might have to resort to baking the tomato and basil one into 'bread/biscuits', just to make it bearable. I think with some garlic, pepper and rosemary it should be pretty nice as bread.

I had the pasta carbonara last night (I bought a single packet of it alongside the 4-week bumper pack, and also a single packet of porridge, so that I could try them). I have to say it was extremely disappointing.

It was mostly liquid, and looked absolutely nothing like the picture on the website so I'm wondering whether they served it in a finger bowl to get the pasta piled so high! I didn't expect a lot of pasta for that carbohydrate count, but I did expect it to resemble the picture more than it did. I used the revised instructions for making it, and microwaved it for longer than recommended because the pasta still wasn't cooking, and left it for ages at the end, so that the pasta could absorb the sauce, but it was still a let-down.

Afterwards, I regretted having it instead of the vanilla shake that I had planned to turn into an iced coffee. If I re-order for a second four-week stint on Exante, I will certainly not be switching from the mixed bumper pack to the winter warmer pack, because I can't imagine making myself eat the pasta carbonara every day. Once in a while, for a change, maybe, but frequently? No. I haven't tried the porridge yet, so I hope it's less disheartening.

Back