I hate the "dinners" help! :(

How long did you leave it..I don't know what website says but I zap it..put a plate on top of bowl and leave for about 5 mins..and pasta does absorb and expand :( sorry you didn't enjoy. ..mix the porridge well before and during zapping and leave to rest aswell..I like them both fortunatly. ..good luck. X

After being a milkshakes the first time I did exante I decided to go with winter warmer this stint,
The porridge - I literally just pour in boiling water and stir, I don't measure at all I make it how I would normally have porridge. Occasionally the water soaks in quick and I need to add a little splash more water but got it down to an art form now
The pasta - now this is art!!! First I sieve the pasta and powder. Powder now in a jug. Then I put pasta in to boiling water on the hob and cook it to the way I like it! (Soft.... Very!!!) this tends to fatten the pasta up as it absorbs some water. When my pasta is cooked boil kettle and adding a bit of water at a time to the powder mixing till its of a consistency I like I don't use as much water as they suggest. I like a thicker sauce. Then just pour sauce on top of pasta and your away.
I know a few on here cook pasta this way. I know it seems like a faff but its the only way I can eat it lol.... Hope this helps xxxx

Thanks for the advice, pussygalore and Maria22. The pasta was cooked fine, following what basically sounds much like pussygalore's approach, although I wonder whether Exante's recommended 150ml water is maybe too much. The flavour wasn't too bad, though, so I wouldn't rule out eating it every now and then to relieve the boredom. If I buy another sachet or two, I might try Maria's method next time.

I'm hoping the porridge isn't too sweet because I'm getting a bit fed up with sweet things (I have a soup, bar and shake every day, so two-thirds of my meals are sweet). But I'm saving my one-and-only porridge sachet for next week, when I am sure I'll be ready for a change!

The porridge was sweet to begin with (my first couple I was like wow sugar overkill!! I don't notice it anymore but I've been having 1 a day for 3 months now. Same with pasta I thought it was a bit salty to begin and don't notice as much.
Add some cinnamon to the porridge if you like it, I've done that a couple of times I've also made porridge biscuits with cinnamon they were ok but not an everyday thing,
Xx

I tried a new variation on the mushroom soup at lunch time, adding tarragon. It worked very well, and I'd do that again.

Back