I hate the Slimmer of the Week concept!!

I don't think that losing the most that week is a fair way to allocate the title of SOW.
some people just can't lose the big numbers so possibly by awarding SOW by the percentage of weight loss would be fairer to everyone,although would be a pain in the bum to work out!
There has to be a better way.
it does seem to be the same people that always win it x

It isn't just based on that week, it also depends on the performance of the previous week.

It depends on how much you want to or have to lose really. The closer you are to your target weight, the harder it gets to have large losses.

The group I go to is great , the talk plus chatting to people is like a comedy hour it's so much fun . Be honest if I was put on the spot like some of you had said I would nt bother going either x

Hi, sorry to drag up an old thread but I came across this on a google search.

I joined a local group a few weeks ago.

Week 1 = big loss.
Week 2 = quite big loss and Slimmer of the week and month award
Week 3 = big loss and Slimmer of the week award.

I felt very awkward picking up the 3 of those awards and in week 3 when it was announced there was quite an obvious silence when it was announced.

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation and said anything to their consultant? I want to message mine asking to not include me in this if it puts me in a bad position with the group. I don't care for the food basket, it's nice and I appreciate it but I just want to lose weight and feel part of the group. On the other hand, I feel if I message asking this am I going to look a fool if someone rocks up and loses more than me this week and look a bit big headed assuming I will win (which I don't, I just would rather not be highlighted if I do!). I obviously have a lot more weight to lose than most of the group too.

A few google search results show a real resent to men who join the group and drop weight quite fast winning these awards every week. I don't want to be that man but I want to continue losing!

Thanks in advance.

I won it for the 3rd week in a row yesterday. I'm thinking of messaging the consultant and asking not be included in the free basket of food?

Back