I have a confession to make....

I don't eat vegetable at all. Wish I did at times

I love :heartpump: cauli cheese. I could pick the macaroni out I guess. ;) I might live in Scotland but I still haven't acquired Scottish tastes in food or alcohol just yet :)

There's not masses of macaroni in it and the bits there are are nice wee bits so I'm sure youd be ok with it

Hmmm must get you onto other good Scottish dishes ;)

I don't hate macaroni, I was just surprised that it was so popular in Scotland when I moved up here :).

Don't think I'll be eating any Scottish dishes on this diet somehow, or too much afterwards. They mostly seem a bit stodgy to me. I do like a nice bit of Scottish smoked salmon or Aberdeen Angus fillet though :)

I've seen that stovies stuff (never tried it) - definitely stodgy! :)

What makes you think I'm English? ;), but yes there are plenty of stodgy English meals but I hardly ever ate English fare to be honest. Saying that I do like a decent Scottish Steak pie but can't be doing with the mushy peas. I did nearly have a heart attack though when I saw someone in the chippy getting their pizza battered and deep fried :eek:! I think I must have my roots in India really as I love a decent curry :)

Have to admit I'm not a lover of haggis (can have it in very small doses) and I hate black pudding.

I had never seen anything like it in my life as when that pizza went into the deep fryer :). 'Salt and Sauce?' they say here - and the sauce is some watery brown stuff. I think that's an east coast thing tho. I'm more of a vinegar and tartare sauce girl myself :). And the fish is haddock whereas cod is more common down south, but haggis fritters :rolleyes:

Oooh - a nice shell pie from Aulds :drool::drool::drool:

xx

What the hell is a shell pie?

Sorry - just another name for a Scotch pie

xx

Ha, another Scottish term I've never heard of :)

Cottage cheese? ;). Is that a cross between cottage pie and mac n cheese? :D

Back