I have decided - WW 4 Me! WI Day

Thanks Andi

Still a bit sore tonight, and I haven't been feeling 100% today, very "out of it" woozy and tired, so have been lying down a lot.

Have cut back from the strong painkillers to just paracetamol now, hopefully won't need any tomorrow.

Supposed to be going into town tomorrow, bank, shopping and to see my daughter and her bump! Then up to see the twin grandchildren (they are 2 years old on Monday! I can't believe it), then grocery shopping and home!

Aww bless you hope you're feeling better soon love.
How far gone is your daughter? How exciting :D
So you've got twin grandchildren, how lovely!
xx

Hi Nails

Sarah (daughter) is due in about 2 weeks, her first.

The twins are lovely, boy and a girl - the lights of my life, they are my son's.

Can't wait for Sarah's to be born so I can be the maternal granny!

Hi Nails

Sarah (daughter) is due in about 2 weeks, her first.

The twins are lovely, boy and a girl - the lights of my life, they are my son's.

Can't wait for Sarah's to be born so I can be the maternal granny!

Ahhhh how lovely I bet the twins adore their nanny :), so Sarah could give birth at anytime really! How exciting!
xx

Glad youre feeling better :)

Twins must be lovely, weve often said to my brother and sis in law that it would have been lovely if Emma was a twin, they always look horrified at the idea - cant think why :giggle:

How's Sarah coping in this heat? I remember when I had my youngest, Sophie, in 1995, it was a bit of a heatwave and I spent most of my days sitting in front of a fan drinking gallons of fizzy water and eating melons (my craving!) ... my skin never looked so good! ;)

DD2 (the one who lives in plymouth) sent me her first scan picture today. They've nicknamed the baby 'Beanie' : it's exciting to see him/her for the first time.
I already have 2 granddaughers (9 and 5) .. my other daughters are hoping for a nephew this time but I really don't mind whether it's a girl or boy - they're all just lovely aren't they :)

Hi Debs

I am up at silly o'clock, tooth (well hole!) is aching a bit and I couldn't get back to sleep after I got up for a pee.

Sarah's been doing OK heat wise for most of the time, just these last couple of weeks its been so much warmer and she is suffering a bit now that she's a lot bigger. I must admit I can't wait for the baby to arrive, and I know she is really impatient too.

Love the thought of a "beanie" baby lol.

Are you going to be able to make the Plymouth meet?

Hope things go OK today for you and your mum and dad, will be thinking of you at 10 am (((hugs))) hun x x

How's Sarah coping in this heat? I remember when I had my youngest, Sophie, in 1995, it was a bit of a heatwave and I spent most of my days sitting in front of a fan drinking gallons of fizzy water and eating melons (my craving!) ... my skin never looked so good! ;)

DD2 (the one who lives in plymouth) sent me her first scan picture today. They've nicknamed the baby 'Beanie' : it's exciting to see him/her for the first time.
I already have 2 granddaughers (9 and 5) .. my other daughters are hoping for a nephew this time but I really don't mind whether it's a girl or boy - they're all just lovely aren't they :)

When I was pregnant with ds it was such a hot summer, I was working and needed a fan for my face and one on the floor to blow under my skirt! I had hayfever as well and I think I kept tena lady in business that summer as I couldn't stop sneezing which therefore led to you know what :giggle:, anyway I've probably given you far to much information there!
Bet you can't stop looking at the scan piccy :).

Eclipse - sorry to hear your suffering with your gum :( Hope it's better soon love.
xx

Hi honey,i used to be a dental nurse av you been rinsing with salt water ,and are you sure you havnt got an infection.Just a thought honey hope you feel betterxx

Hi Nails. Yeah, been rinsing, There was infection there before and dentist said it would drain away naturally, but if its no better by Monday I will ring him.

Thanks for your help hun xxx

At least its keeping my eating to a minimum, only had 6 points so far today!

Hi Eclipse,

Im the proud mother of 5 year old boy/girl twins. They are the light of my life. I just wanted you to know that us mums of twins would be lost without our wonderful mums (grannies) helping out and im sure your son feels the same.

Hope all goes well with your daughters little bundle of joy.

Ax

Hi Nails. Yeah, been rinsing, There was infection there before and dentist said it would drain away naturally, but if its no better by Monday I will ring him.

Thanks for your help hun xxx

At least its keeping my eating to a minimum, only had 6 points so far today!

How's things? It was actually Paula that suggested the rinsing so I can't take credit for that :D. Hope it's feeling better today love.
xx

Sorry Paula, in my drug induced state I mis-read the post.

Well, I have decided (again) that I won't keep a separate diary thread on this, as I seem to be duplicating things. So will ramble on here instead!

Things have been a bit quiet the past couple of days. Tooth (gum) is a little bit better, but still quite sore. Methinks I shall be ringing ye olde worlde dentist tomorrow.

Its been really hot and sunny over the past few days, lovely. Ash is working this morning, started at 6 bless him, and won't be home till one. He worked yesterday too all day from 8 till 5.30. He has an hour's drive each way too so he will be knackered. He has a week off next week, the Shipyard closes for the week as its Falmouth Regatta Week. So he will be able to have a bit of a rest, but has volunteered to paint mum and dad's bungalow, so that will keep him busy lol.

We are off to a local restaurant today for a family lunch. Mum, dad, son Philip and his partner Mary, twins, me and Ash. Sarah and partner Jason were going to come but they've just been offered a new house (long story, but Jason planned and built it with his dad, then fell out with his dad, but has now "made up"). They are hoping to put the finishing touches to it before the baby is born, but will be cutting it fine as she only has about 2 weeks to go. She is obviously excited at the prospect of a brand new house as well as a brand new baby. I am so happy for her, its all coming together nicely for her. It is finished, but needs painting and floor laying, carpetting, tiling etc. So Jason is going to spend today doing that, so can't make lunch.

Its a sort of farmhouse thingy and I usually have Sunday Roast and all the trimmings and they do lush desserts too! Due to the excuse of my tooth, I have decided just to have their home made vegetable soup (which I have pointed at 2 as they don't use cream or anything) I won't have the bread roll, much as I would like to as they are homemade too. For dessert I plan on having one of their homemade meringues (larger than a nest, so I have doubled the points on that to one) with a scoop of ice cream (2.5 points) and a tablespoon of clotted cream (3 points). These are just sort of "guesstimates" to keep me on track. So that works out at 8.5 points for lunch, which I don't think is bad, and means I don't miss out on the family day. My brekkie will be 3 points, so 11.5 for the day. I will have something light this evening but stick below my allowed 17 points just to make sure!

Its the twins second birthday tomorrow, which is why we are going today.

Just looked out of the window, and it looks like its going to rain - great!

Well that's all the news from "sunny" Cornwall. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Weigh in for me is on Tuesday night, so fingers crossed today won't do any damage!

Enjoy your meal, the meringue with icecream and clotted cream sounds divine!
Hope you get your gum sorted love.
Hope the twins enjoy their birthday :)
xx

Hi Cheryl
Everything's good at this end love, diet going really well and I'm desperately hoping to get my silver 7 on Tuesday.
It's lovely weather here but just looked at the report and it says it may rain, I really hope not as ds has got his heart set on going in the paddling pool today bless him!
I've got loads of going out stuff coming up so I'm going to really have to watch my points and make sure I save some.
Hope you're feeling better soon Cheryl :)
xx

Good luck!!

I have tried CD twice now and must say i really really tried but hated it and was worried of the effect it was having on family meals etc as well as the expense...

For 2 weeks i have been doing my own version of a ww diet lol lol and have lost 2lb eack week which is ok by me after the hell of SS...HUBBY LOST 8LB THIS WEEK!!!Wow!!!

Normal diets can really work and are good for all the family so that is what i will be sticking to as soon as the boys are back at school i will be going to a meeting that meets during the day because i have 2 autistic children and do not want to take them with me during the holidays.

Good luck eclipse!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on going this is soooooooooo much easier than ss it may take longer but it is sooooooooooo much more enjoyable and family friendly!!!!!

Thanks dazzler. I only have a few more pounds to go, and refuse to SS any more, so this is the ONLY way forward for me. To learn to eat properly again!

Just got back in from weigh in and I have lost another pound! Whoo hoo I am delighted. So 4.5lbs in 2 weeks is a good result I think for me x x x

Back