I have entered Race for Life

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I must be mad. I am so nervous. The ladies from my running club talked me into it, but they are much faster than me. I think i will take my ipod and listen to music. I really want to run it all and not walk. Hubby and boys are there to support me, which is lovely.

Good luck to everyone taking part.xx

Good on you & good luck for sunday :D

Well done you - you are supporting a really great cause!!
All the best of luck, you can do it xxx

i am doing mine in southampton on 10th july. i am walking it again this year as doing it with friends and my daughter who is 4. have done it for the last 7 years.

I've entered the 10K run in Bristol, but dont really know anyone else interested so will be doing it on my own, most people seem to be doing it in groups so hope I wont look too weird on my own.

I run anyway and plan to run the whole thing, so having a chat on the way round isnt really an option for me anyway

Good luck, you'll be fine.

I'm doing Race for life on the 19th, been going out walking and jogging as i'd really like to be able to jog the whole thing this year.

Hx

Pity you can not do it on horseback lol !!! Now there's a thought.

Good luck on Sunday, you will be fine, you are a gutsy, tenacious sort of a girl...............

Pity you can not do it on horseback lol !!! Now there's a thought.

Good luck on Sunday, you will be fine, you are a gutsy, tenacious sort of a girl...............

Now that would be fun, but i would want to do it longer than 5k, plus i think a horse would groan if i sat on its back at the moment. l:D

Is everyone collecting sponsorship money for this? I havent bothered yet, and not sure I'm going to - is that bad? They've got £15 entry fee off me, but i realise a lot of that goes to organising the event, but I'm sure theres lots of people that have raised loads that will offset my lack of input.

I know it sounds really mean and lazy of me, but I primarily entered this to give me an opportunity to run a proper 10K run with others, not for charity. I work in an office which ends up having loads of people collecting for various sponsored events throughout the year. I'm doing other things myself in July and September which could feasibly also involving collecting sponsorship - and I'm just wary of it leading to "sponsorship fatigue"

Thoughts?

I'm doing this on 3rd July and am asking for sponsors - only a few as another colleague in a different branch is doing it as well so we're kind of sharing it. Also asking family (altho my daughter is also doing it so again we're dividing it up) and a few friends. Never done it before so not too worried about a :rolleyes: reaction LOL As you say, your entry fee will go towards it and it all helps doesn't it? :)

Good cause, and altho I've never had anyone close to me be affected by cancer, I know people who have, some recently, so that's why I've decided to do it. Really looking forward to it, hope the weather is good on the day (whichever day anyone is doing it!) for us all :)

I must be mad. I am so nervous. The ladies from my running club talked me into it, but they are much faster than me. I think i will take my ipod and listen to music. I really want to run it all and not walk. Hubby and boys are there to support me, which is lovely.

Good luck to everyone taking part.xx

Rather than taking an ipod, have you considered taking performance-enhancing drugs?

A lot of the elite athletes do....allegedly ;)

:D

Is everyone collecting sponsorship money for this? I havent bothered yet, and not sure I'm going to - is that bad? They've got £15 entry fee off me, but i realise a lot of that goes to organising the event, but I'm sure theres lots of people that have raised loads that will offset my lack of input.

I know it sounds really mean and lazy of me, but I primarily entered this to give me an opportunity to run a proper 10K run with others, not for charity. I work in an office which ends up having loads of people collecting for various sponsored events throughout the year. I'm doing other things myself in July and September which could feasibly also involving collecting sponsorship - and I'm just wary of it leading to "sponsorship fatigue"

Thoughts?

I do not want to sound harsh, so please do not be offended by what I am going to say.

The Race for Life IS a charity, not a practice run for you or anyone else.

It would not be difficult to put the effort into collecting a small amount of sponsorship to show some sort of sincerity and support for the true meaning of the race......it is not a practice track and if you wish to use it as one at least enter into the spirit of it and pay for the privilege of using the facilities for your own use. Your entry fee only covers the administration.

People like myself who are cancer patients often rely on the fact that there are charities providing the funs for research into drugs and treatments to enhance and prolong their lives.

In a lot of cases especially here, monies raised pay for new equipment to detect and treat this most awful of illnesses. You cannot begin to imagine the devastation a cancer diagnosis brings to a family. Let alone the suffering both mental and physical of the patient.

Back