I have finally admitted it to myself

Hi Fat & Fed Up :D

I just wanted to echo what everyone else has said so far and also welcome you to Minimins.:D

There has been some amazing advice and support posted and I hope you stick with us and get to where you want to be honey :). You CAN do it.

I've also tried many "diets" and I'm currently still looking for my mojo. I know it's there....just hiding from me for a while.;)

Love and best wishes,

Lacey :)

Thanks Starlight - let's see if it works!

I can see your ticker :D:D:D:D

Hi there,
Rosemary Conley is good as it will introduce you to very gentle exercise that you can do, and even to this day I still "fry" veggies without any fat or oil. But check out W8:

Welcome to All About W8!

I think it's great because it is a very restricted plan, and it is a vlcd with one meal every day to look forward to! I don't like cup a soups either and don't have the soups, just shakes and the wonderful spag bol meal replacement pack, which is yum. You could just have one shake and three spag bols made up together if you wanted. Then you can have 3oz of protein and veg for dinner.

Best of luck with whatever diet you decide on and may this be the last diet we all do!

Well, I've had another shock.

My daughter has used my phone while i was asleep to take pics of me.

You know what it's like when you're big and in front of a camera - you suck your tummy in and lift your head to try and eliminate an excess chin or two. But i was fast asleep and had no chance.

Jesus - I am twice as big as I thought I was and it's reminded me just how much weight i need to loose :(

Use it as inspiration and drive to evict those excess pounds and chins!!! You can do it!
(I hate those types of photos too!!!)

~Silence~

I would use it as an inspiration too. So now you have some before pics and you will be able to look at them as the pounds drop off.

Have you started your class yet?

Irene xx

No diet will work if you eat the same things all the time, you'll soon get fed up with it. I really hope you find it easier this time around. I've been doing sw since April and love the fact you don't have to weigh everything and can eat when you're hungry. Good luck with it, and keep posting here, this site really helps me stay 'on the wagon'!

Hi all, and thanks!

I have been sticking to my SW plan quite rigidly and it's going well, i've not been hungry at all really!

Looking forward to my 1st weigh in in Wednesday! :D

Hi Emma, and thanks!

When i did SW last time i lost 6.5lbs in my first week. I was expecting something similar this time around i think, so am a bit disappointed with my losses so far.

But having said that, any loss is a loss i suppose, so i'm going in the right direction.

I'm going to stick to the plan 110% this week and cut out all syns. Maybe that will speed things up. I'm the sort of person who needs results to stay focused, but to get results I have to be commited, so this week will give it my all.

Hi! How's it going? Dont be disheartened by your losses, because they are still losses! If you add it up, its 4.5lbs!! and not far from your first target.
Keep at it (I know its easier said than done sometimes), but you can do it.
I find picking up a 1lb bag of sugar helps me remember exactly what 1lb feels like. (that probably sounds stupid, but I find it helps me stay on track if I am disappointed with my weight loss!!)

Hope this week has gone well!

xx

Hi Fat & Fed Up,

Well done for starting the slimming world chick, hope your weigh in goes well... Fingers crossed for you.

Reading your first post hun I sooo empathise with you, but you're doing the right thing. Start it now.. and then you won't get to 23 stone and thinking 'how did I get here?'

I really do hope you've had a good week and your weight loss will be what you're hoping for in the first week.
All the best hun

Keep it up xxx

Well probably heard it a million times but you are the only 1 who can do anything about it and you are so well don. Good luck with losing the weight.

Last edited:
Hiya,

I know it can be disappointing, but ANY loss at all is a step in the right direction. It's a pound, or half a pound gone, and I totally agree with spod about reminding yourself just how much a pound actually is. However long it takes to reach your goal, it'll be worth it when you get there! Not being on a particular diet myself has meant I have had small losses week by week. Am getting there though!

Keep at it, stay positive, and you'll get there. Good luck! xxx

Hi fat and fed up,

I too felt sad when I read your post as it could have been me writing it and I know exactly how you feel as I too am morbidly obese and just like you I am only 5 ft 1in in height too which makes being obese feel even worse for we titches.

When I decided a few weeks ago that I had enough of beeing fat and miserable I weighed 24 st 4lb at that time and I knew if I didn't do something drastic my future and my health wERE in serious jeopardy and so I knew I had to make some definite changes to my life. I am delighted to report that approx 10 weeks later I am now around 22st 3lb so have lost 2 stone 1lb in this time and I am not 'dieting' at all! Basically, I have just changed to eating far healthier options and alternatives with absolutely no weighing or measuring of food either. However, the thing I am most proud of and this I will confess has been a difficult one for me, is I have totally cut out drinking my nightly tipple of 2 -3 glasses of wine altogether and now, I just have 2 glasses of Merlot on a Saturday night as my weekend treat! Another thing I have done, is to put my bathroom scales out of harms way as getting on them everyday can have a detrimental effect on me if my weightloss is not as high as I had hoped it was, so sooner than risk going off the rails I got my hubby to put them where I cannot reach them and now get weighed at Boots the chemist no more than once a week!

I like you, have tried all the diets and fads but each time I have failed miserably and I end up putting any weight I have lost all back on again plus more besides - so obviously like with you, these 'diets' never worked long term and I always got so fed up with them in the end.

I am not suggesting you do what I am doing as I am sure my way isn't right for everyone but for myself personally I have found it has improved my love/hate relationship with food 100% and by doing it my way, I have discovered it has taken all the guilt out of what I eat. I no longer make the mistakes of my past by having any 'forbidden' foods on my list and if I fancy a little piece of chocolate, I will have for example have a little fun size bar, this I will eat without any guilty conscience whatsoever, which is so diferent to how I would felt about having something like that in the past and in the past, I would have probably felt consumed with guilt and then gone on to have a mad and crazy eating binge! My new attitude means I feel so much more in control now which has resulted in my whole relationship with food becoming so much healthier and happier than it has ever been before and my weight as a result is coming off nicely.

Once you are motivated (and it sounds like you are) try to find an eating plan that leaves you feeling it is something you can stick to for the rest of your life and remember you are not in a race and it took a long time to get so large so if it takes a while to reduce your weight, then that's no big deal and each pound off is a pound in the right direction. If some weeks you stay the same or even gain a pound or two, please don't see yourself as a big failure as you certainly are not that and being only human means that sometimes we may give in to temptation but providing we just shrug it off and get back on track again, then that's the main thing and whatever weight you have put on can soon be lost again!

Good luck and just by talking to like minded people on here will be an enormous help to you I'm sure, not to mention inspirational too so let today be the first step of your journey?

All the best

Sue x

Last edited:
Back