• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I have just been ...

shelbell

Trainee Human On Board
S: 20st9lb C: 11st0lb G: 12st4lb BMI: 21.5 Loss: 9st9lb(46.71%)
listening to bean's heartbeat :)

I had a bit of a panic moment the other night and for the first time ever really wanted a home feotal doppler. I looked at the ones you can buy and the reviews on them are awful. So I found a website where you can rent them for £9.95 per month and they are medical grade so far more accurate etc. At 14 weeks with an empty bladder I found beans heart within seconds :) Counted the beats and its around 140bpm so it was definately bean and not me (you can hire one with a bpm display but thats more expensive).

It was lovely, as the midwife didn't even try when I saw her a few weeks ago.

It's made my day :)

www.hi-baby.co.uk

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
S: 15st7lb C: 8st3lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 20.4 Loss: 7st4lb(47%)
Thats Great Shell, You must have been thrilled to hear your baby beans heartbeat. How lovely, Good luck hun, I am so happy for you x

MrsDannyDyer

Silver Member
S: 20st3lb C: 19st11lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 49.1 Loss: 0st6lb(2.12%)
Aww thats great. Last pregnancy i spent £30 on a home doppler machine with 2 sets of headphones. It didnt pick it up, this sounds a better idea.

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
S: 13st5.5lb C: 12st13lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 32.1 Loss: 0st6.5lb(3.47%)
How wonderful! and to know that they work too! :)
I toyed with the £30 type as could get it for £15 in TK Maxx but decided not too as I'm sure i'd panic if I couldn't find it.

Really glad it's worked for you though and will give you some comfort I'm sure! :)

strange how the midwives differ isn't it, I didn't expect mine to try and in fairness it might just have been because she was a trainee! lol

Lissy25

I've seen lots of bad reviews too so never bothered, didn't realise they were so cheap to rent though! congrats on finding the heartbeat, have you put it down yet? I imagine they can be quite addictive :D

shelbell

Trainee Human On Board
S: 20st9lb C: 11st0lb G: 12st4lb BMI: 21.5 Loss: 9st9lb(46.71%)
We've used it a few times lol yes. I had a tiny bit of bleeding the other day (I know what caused it ;)) and it was reassuring to use it the next day afterwards.

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
S: 13st5.5lb C: 12st13lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 32.1 Loss: 0st6.5lb(3.47%)
the reassurance would be lovely. :)