I have just been ...

shelbell

Trainee Human On Board
listening to bean's heartbeat :)

I had a bit of a panic moment the other night and for the first time ever really wanted a home feotal doppler. I looked at the ones you can buy and the reviews on them are awful. So I found a website where you can rent them for £9.95 per month and they are medical grade so far more accurate etc. At 14 weeks with an empty bladder I found beans heart within seconds :) Counted the beats and its around 140bpm so it was definately bean and not me (you can hire one with a bpm display but thats more expensive).

It was lovely, as the midwife didn't even try when I saw her a few weeks ago.

It's made my day :)

www.hi-baby.co.uk

Thats Great Shell, You must have been thrilled to hear your baby beans heartbeat. How lovely, Good luck hun, I am so happy for you x

Aww thats great. Last pregnancy i spent £30 on a home doppler machine with 2 sets of headphones. It didnt pick it up, this sounds a better idea.

How wonderful! and to know that they work too! :)
I toyed with the £30 type as could get it for £15 in TK Maxx but decided not too as I'm sure i'd panic if I couldn't find it.

Really glad it's worked for you though and will give you some comfort I'm sure! :)

strange how the midwives differ isn't it, I didn't expect mine to try and in fairness it might just have been because she was a trainee! lol

I've seen lots of bad reviews too so never bothered, didn't realise they were so cheap to rent though! congrats on finding the heartbeat, have you put it down yet? I imagine they can be quite addictive :D

We've used it a few times lol yes. I had a tiny bit of bleeding the other day (I know what caused it ;)) and it was reassuring to use it the next day afterwards.

the reassurance would be lovely. :)

Back