I have lost six stones - I have done it.

Hi
How long did it take you hun? Cant see sigs as on my phone :)
Congratulations aswell.x.

Hi
How long did it take you hun? Cant see sigs as on my phone :)
Congratulations aswell.x.

Thank you - I started on March 7th this year - it was a stone a month until the last stone, that took about two months.

GSQ

Cant say WELL DONE LOUD ENOUGH !!!!
I'm struggling at the moment and have started picking at tiny amounts of food. Have you ever had this DSQ? you're an amazing role model for this diet - any advice ? please i don't wanna blow this fab chance to loose this further 2 stone.
xx

Dear Yummy Mummy - I have thought about this a lot. Its really tough but by picking at food you are actually making harder for yourself. Your body gets the taste of food, starts to expect more, the digestive juices gear up for action and low and behold you are hungry, then the urge to pick a bit more gets worse.

Before you know it you have a debate in your head about it not mattering - but actually it does. This diet works by excluding food - all food. That's the choice on this.

. So its all about convincing your body - its three packets and that's all - so you might as well get used to it!

I think I found setting small goals helped - so can you do just today, just Monday without picking? Not too much of a challenge - just do it.

There is a lot in VLCD about habits, each little one - like picking takes at least two weeks to change, then its a new habit. Your new habit could be 'I don't pick' - why? Simply because I want to be slim more than I want the temporary taste of food in my mouth.

In the early days I used to cook for my family with a thick piece of orange peel in my teeth - it worked.

It is a tough diet but the benefits of not being hungry (unlike every other calories / point counting diet) are totally outweighed by any down side.

So best of luck

GSQ

GSQ!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done. Be proud of yourself and shout it from the rooftops (many many times ;) )

Good luck with maintenance and keep us posted.

:talk017:

Cx

well done GSQ. It is my first day today and I must admit I am struggling i am so hungry. but I have got so much to lose i have got to focus and you have inspired me to keep at it!!
Does anybody know if there is any point in taking alli tablets as well on exante

well done GSQ. It is my first day today and I must admit I am struggling i am so hungry. but I have got so much to lose i have got to focus and you have inspired me to keep at it!!
Does anybody know if there is any point in taking alli tablets as well on exante

Just don't bother - nothing works as rapidly as Exante TS with no adverse health effects - just stick to three packets - soups/shakes/ bar - whatever but three packets, lots of water and then some more water and you will succeed.

Don't bother with any pills, they will not help. Ali limits fat absorption - but you will not be eating much so why bother. As you get into this you will feel better and then inspired to exercise a bit. That will do more good than any pills.

GSQ
GSQ

Getslimquick said:
Dear Yummy Mummy - I have thought about this a lot. Its really tough but by picking at food you are actually making harder for yourself. Your body gets the taste of food, starts to expect more, the digestive juices gear up for action and low and behold you are hungry, then the urge to pick a bit more gets worse.

Before you know it you have a debate in your head about it not mattering - but actually it does. This diet works by excluding food - all food. That's the choice on this.

. So its all about convincing your body - its three packets and that's all - so you might as well get used to it!

I think I found setting small goals helped - so can you do just today, just Monday without picking? Not too much of a challenge - just do it.

There is a lot in VLCD about habits, each little one - like picking takes at least two weeks to change, then its a new habit. Your new habit could be 'I don't pick' - why? Simply because I want to be slim more than I want the temporary taste of food in my mouth.

In the early days I used to cook for my family with a thick piece of orange peel in my teeth - it worked.

It is a tough diet but the benefits of not being hungry (unlike every other calories / point counting diet) are totally outweighed by any down side.

So best of luck

GSQ

I will keep this and treasure this and read it aloud to myself! What an inspirational truth and it has hit home big time in my daft food picking habit forming silly head!

I DO want to be slim I DO want to be healthy and I WILL! I admit I needed a good ass kicking!

Monday done not a single morsel past my lips other than my 3 shakes 3 cups of green tea and 4 litres of water! Tomorrow is Tuesday and I will continue time CHALLENGE THE FOOD CRAVING TIL IT LOOSES IT'S POWER!!
TY TY TY DSQ - WELL DONE :))

YUMYMUMY2B said:
I will keep this and treasure this and read it aloud to myself! What an inspirational truth and it has hit home big time in my daft food picking habit forming silly head!

I DO want to be slim I DO want to be healthy and I WILL! I admit I needed a good ass kicking!

Monday done not a single morsel past my lips other than my 3 shakes 3 cups of green tea and 4 litres of water! Tomorrow is Tuesday and I will continue time CHALLENGE THE FOOD CRAVING TIL IT LOOSES IT'S POWER!!
TY TY TY DSQ - WELL DONE :))

Thank you. Well done, I am so pleased you cracked it today. It will not take long, then you can learn to be addicted to buying slim clothes instead! It's much more fun, a tad expensive but better for your health.

Do you know I only get breathless now when I swim 50 lengths - it used to be walking anywhere even upstairs.

GSQ

Well done GSQ:)! I bet there are times when you want to slap yourself silly for not doing this years ago:D, I know I do. At least you have done it now.... It must be so wonderful to walk and not get breathless or not feel paranoid that people are staring at you coz you are "fat".Shopping must be fun as well lol. Am happy, you are happy and thanks for inspiring us all. All the best with maintanance :) x x

Divalicious said:
Well done GSQ:)! I bet there are times when you want to slap yourself silly for not doing this years ago:D, I know I do. At least you have done it now.... It must be so wonderful to walk and not get breathless or not feel paranoid that people are staring at you coz you are "fat".Shopping must be fun as well lol. Am happy, you are happy and thanks for inspiring us all. All the best with maintanance :) x x

Thanks Divalicious. You are quite right, I wish I had discovered and stuck to Exante years ago.

It's amazing feeling slim, sometimes I pass my reflection in shop windows and don't recognise me. It is so exciting choosing a total new wardrobe.

But in other ways - It's quite odd now, I feel hungry much more than I did. In some ways life was easier on three magic packets, no hunger, drink lots of water, and stand back and watch the weight just drop off.

I am sure I will adjust, I have to give it time. Did not gain this week so thats hopeful. As always it's easiest when I am busy and distracted especially by work. I am enjoying cooking again, healthy meals, vegetables etc It's also good to say goodbye to the inevitable 'poo' problems!!

Thanks again and good luck on your journey, I hope it works out for you.

GSQ

GSQ I have only found this now and I have to say you are a true inspiration! Congrats on your new body I'd say you are over the moon clothes shopping now. Whenever I'm having a bad moment I'm going to refer back to this thread. Xx

Well done Gsq, that's brilliant. Now the hard work begins. Keep monitoring what you're eating and don't let, "just one won't hurt" enter your head, that's the reason I'm back here and I'm so disappointed with myself. Remember how good your success feels and keep it up. Good luck.

So excited to see you post GSQ, that's fantastic. You've achieved so much, it's brilliant. I hope all goes really well as you transition to maintenance :)

HI Cybill
its good to see you back and thank you. I hope its going well for you now.
Maintenance - week 2 starts today, its not been too bad in work and tonight, joy of joys - not a vanilla shake but salmon and vegetables - even some bread! Week 1 - was on leave and no weight gain - so step one - it worked.

GSQ

It's so motivating to hear it going so well, and an exciting transition time for you to maintenance. I'm back trying to get on the packs wagon again, and to find my way through this last couple of stone. My head suddenly clicked yesterday, that this whole 80/20 thing applies. I've currently lost 80% of my target (or thereabouts), but I think I need to find a whole lot of determination to lose this last 20%. I'll get there :)

Getslimquick said:
HI Cybill
its good to see you back and thank you. I hope its going well for you now.
Maintenance - week 2 starts today, its not been too bad in work and tonight, joy of joys - not a vanilla shake but salmon and vegetables - even some bread! Week 1 - was on leave and no weight gain - so step one - it worked.

GSQ

Fabulous :)

Back